“First choice in area”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great job by Geisinger clean and comfortable and more reasonably priced than the chains like Hampton that can't meet their own hype. This will be my top choice always while in Danville

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great location on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center. I was hoping for a reasonable price, knowing I had to be with a loved one for a long time. I found it unaffordable and there was no place to take a smoke ANYWHERE. I know smoking is bad for my health but am growing tired of the complete lack of "customer service" for the 22% of us that still choose to do it.
If you have plenty of money and don't smoke, it doesn't get any better in terms of location near the hospital.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Food and service is inconsistent. Tends to be too meeting-oriented. Sometimes really good and other times just so-so. The new patio is a great place to dine; hope heaters are added to extend the outdoor season. Could be a top dining spot with closer attention to food and service.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had read reviews on Trip Advisor and given our experience, I'm really surprised it has received such positive reviews.

We arrived around 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The main part of the dining room which looked to be sunny and welcoming was about half empty. We quickly ushered to the back of the restaurant to a dark area next to the kitchen. Our waiter did arrive quickly and brought us drinks almost immediately. He then disappeared for a bit. After a while I realized he was actually in a group of staff that were congregated and talking quite loudly in an area close to our table. Food did come quickly once he took our order.

The food was unexceptional. The waiter had served our food and turned around to have a busboy who had walked to our table, start to ask him how to handle a situation of talking with a certain woman. We spent our meal listening to the congregated staff - talk about work, friends, weekends as if we were actually eating in the kitchen. We travel extensively, eat in restaurants often and have never experienced anything quite like the atmosphere here.

I would not recommend.

1  Thank Pahhhhhter
Reviewed September 13, 2012

if you are looking for great food with ambiance to go with it, this is the place to go !!! great menu, great service.!!!!

Been to Pine Barn Inn? Share your experiences!