“Average + Red Roof Inn”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
plymouth, mi
“Average + Red Roof Inn”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for a night in November 2013. Red Roof Inns are transforming to the new Euro-Style room and some have it down a little better than others, but the improvement is welcome in all of them. This hotel touted the "most modern" updates and I was looking forward to seeing my room. I con only compare it to the RRI I stayed in the night before outside of Washington DC that boasted the same claim.

The bed was nice and the bed cover was modern and clean. Same with the bathroom - nice new hardwood floor and clean shower. The big difference was in the carpet and the furnishings. Same ol' Red Rood Inn there. Not horrible or anything - it was fine, but not the slick upgrade we saw in DC.

This hotel sits off the highway near a couple restaurants. Not too much to write home about - Mom's Dutch Kitchen was where we ended up for breakfast, where I learned about "scrapple" which is apparently a regional breakfast standard. Yuk!

This hotel was just fine for an affordable, clean stay for a night. I give it an across-the-board average with a little bump for the nice beds and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank adavici
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with Red Roof Inn. We greatly value your comments and feedback. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and bathroom, and the comfort our new beds provided. Guest feedback is extremely important to us. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Red Roof north of Danville. 5-10 minutes to Geisinger Medical Center. Stayed 2 nights in different identical rooms. the entire place is non-smoking which is probably why there was a slight smoke odor in our room when we first went in. (Smokers have no place to stay) Otherwise, both were surprisingly clean. That's my #1. Even the fussy wife was pleased as there was no fear of bugs. Smallish rooms with big TV and impressive cable selections w/ HBO. New carpet and bedspreads. Very comfortable possibly new king mattress. Sink was chipped up and a little rusty. Towels were worn but clean. No tissues in the room. No hairdryer. No coffee in the room but good brew in the lobby early in the AM. Internet barely useable. Staff was very pleasant and professional. If you stay in the front, you'll hear the road noise from Rte 54 all night. We stayed in the back of the hotel on the second night and there was no road noise. Friendly's is next door but we went across the street to McDonalds for breakfast. For the $49 rate - I consider this a very good place so stay if you are looking for a bargain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TB B
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We appreciate receiving your comments. I am happy to hear you were very satisfied with the cleanliness of your rooms and that you found our staff to be pleasant and professional. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Merrick, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed here at least once a year since 2000. We use this Red Roof as our crash pad when our family visits Knoebels amusement park each year. For the price and location this inn is one of the better choices for a budget motel in the area.

Over the last couple of years we noticed that the inn needed a revamping and were pleased to see that some of the rooms have been renovated though the remediation of the rooms could have been a bit more extensive. Our room had a partial insert over the old tile in the bathtub and some of the tiles were coming loose/buckling near the floor. Overall the bathroom detracted from the much updated room.

One suggestion to the staff, when checking in a party of more than two to a room, it would be a good idea to offer extra towels at check in since the rooms only come stocked with two sets towels as a standard. Otherwise, the staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the local area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gnm1962
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We value your return business and comments regarding your stay. We are pleased you noticed the renovations which were recently completed to our guest rooms. Your comments regarding the bathrooms have been noted as well as the need for our staff to insure we are providing enough towels for all guests in the room. I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'll cut to the chase first, and if you want to know about the gross sink, keep reading. I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn a number of times, with mixed results. On this most recent stay stay, the price was $85, presumably because they were taking advantage of a busy weekend in the area. I'd have no issue with that if the rooms were getting better instead of worse. For only $15 more than I paid, a friend stayed across the roadway at the Best Western Plus, which has far superior rooms and a decent breakfast (Red Roof has no breakfast). The Bottom line is that if you can stay in the Best Western Plus or Pine Barn Inn (nearby in downtown Danville) for an $25 or less additional to what Red Roof Inn is charging, I'd strongly suggest that if your budget allows. You'll be glad you did.

The woman who checked me in was painfully slow. One guest was checking in as I waited and two more arrived behind me, while another guest came back to the desk because her key didn't work -- the desk clerk explained that she had given her the wrong room (oops!). Also, the $1.50/day safe fee applied to your bill that you have to go and request be removed is an antiquated sham that should be outlawed and should be above places like Red Roof Inn, yet most of their properties seem to have it. On a positive side, the woman who was at the desk when I checked out couldn't have been more pleasant, and that's what I've experienced for the most part at this Inn,

While updated with new carpets, bathroom floors, bedspreads and flat screen televisions, the rooms here are old. The bathtub was in reasonably good condition, though a dark hair sat on the edge of the tub to greet me -- this was an obvious sign of how poorly the room was cleaned, even though at quick glance most of it looked clean enough. The carpet may have been vacuumed in the main walking area, but by one of the chairs and next to the bed nearest the window were a string and some items (see picture) that surely would have been sucked up if they bothered to vacuum there. I'm sure if I actually inspected the room for cleanliness that I wouldn't have been pleased, but considering I was there for a two night stay, I decided that I'd rather not know.

On the upside, the beds were comfortable and the wireless Internet had a strong signal and was easy to access.

Without question, the worst part of the room, and the biggest source of my displeasure with the hotel was the disgusting sink (see picture). Giant chips in it that corroded or rusted or something was absolutely gross. I realize that a sink isn't the most simple thing to replace, but when a sink gets looks like this, it means that it should have been replaced a long time ago. Sorry Red Roof, but your standards have fallen below mine. Rather than replying to Rather than spending time writing the "your feedback is important to us" apologetic rhetoric replying to reviews on here, the GM's time would be better spent doing some room inspections checking up on housekeeping and what improvements are needed.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter in terms of road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill L
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am sorry you were displeased with the sink in your room. This sink is scheduled for replacement. I also apologize for the efficiency of the staff person who checked you in and that the housekeeping in your room was not up to par. Your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to hear you found our beds to be comfortable, and our internet strong and easily accesible. I hope you will provide us with the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I needed to ship some items and went to ask the front desk where the post office was.
I left the front desk with my items packed and ready to mail out, directions to not only the post office but a much needed car wash and a fabulous place to eat in town. Amy and John, Thank you for the extra over the top service with a smile!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dawn R
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville and for your positive comments. It was truly our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to serving you again.
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My fiance & I had a very quite relaxing weekend at the Red Roof in Danville. Pa. The staff was very friendly, room was super clean! The BEST part,,, PET FRIENDLY!!! We take our fur baby with us every where we go & he enjoys traveling with us. PETS are FAMILY too! A few hotels charge for a pet on a daily basis which we dont agree because like Red Roof and a few others dont they say there Pet Friendly then if so why charge??? Anyways Red Roof is now our Hotel of choice. A home away from home.Beds are comfy & if you need anything just call the front desk & they"ll do everything they can to make your stay perfect! We will be back & it's people & pet approved!!!!!! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. Your feedback is important to us. I am glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly, and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room. We are happy you enjoyed bringing your pet with you during your stay with us. Your comments are an inspiration to our entire team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Rumney, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We really didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but it was very clean and nice for the price. Rooms appeared to have been redone recently and the internet was strong. Close to the highway and about 5 mins to Geisinger. We did look at staying at the hotel near Geisinger, but the price was double what it was here and I doubt it was any better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I am very happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room, and the speed of our free Wi-Fi. I am also glad you found us to be a good value for the price. Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#4 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!