“Nice place to spend the night”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I remember years ago staying at a Red Roof Inn and being really impressed by the modern, functional, sleek design. This wasn't that place. This was more like a traditional motel from a couple of decades ago, offering good value and a comfortable place to sleep near the highway. It's clean, people are nice, the beds are comfortable. Wifi is free with adequate speed. The flat-screen TV has a lot of channels but no true HD reception that I could find. The water pressure in the shower was impressive and everything in the bathroom worked well.

A couple of missing near-essentials: I like to see motels like this either offer free breakfast or a mini-fridge to store a snack or quick meal. Unfortunately the Red Roof had neither. No hair dryer either. I also have to mention the overpowering room air "freshener" scent and a few sounds heard from nearby rooms.

Despite these minor drawbacks, I was more than happy with my stay here. In a region full of pricey 2 1/2 star motels, the Red Roof Inn stands out as a worthwhile rest stop. It's really worth the price they charge for a room.

Here's a money-saving tip: there's a large 24-hour Weis supermarket a couple of miles down route 54.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. Your feedback is very important to us. I am glad you found us to be a good value and that you had a comfortable stay. We do have hairdryers available at the front desk should you need one in the future. Your comment regarding the use of air freshener will be noted. Thank you again for your comments and your business. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was very hesitant to stay at a Red Roof. This place was fine. They said it was recently renovated but not completely done top to bottom. Seems like they did the important things. Bed was so comfortable it had to be new. Bed linens seemed new. However, the towels were not new but they were fine. Our room (room 137) was spotless when we arrived and the maid kept it that way during our entire stay. Furniture was not new but was in great condition with no visible imperfections. Front desk staff and maids were all friendly. Carpet looked new as well as the floor tile in the bathroom. The only thing I could see wrong was a couple places where the wall paper was starting to peel and you had to look close to see that. The key word for this place is "clean" and that it is. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We value and appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you found our new beds to be comfortabe, and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the air-conditioning arctic--perfect for a summer stay! Only a fifteen- or twenty-minute drive to Knoebels and a quick trip into downtown Danville, where we had dinner at Old Forge Brewing Company. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful, especially when we needed to change our reservation the day we were due to arrive. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am happy to hear you found our beds comfortable, and our staff to be efficient and helpful. Your positive comments are an inspiration to our entire team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here for trip to Knoebels. Without spending more money than I’m going to spend, this seemed to be the best “deal” and I still feel that way.

Check in was simple late at night (made reservation via Internet) and easy in the morning. Nice to know the room can be cancelled on shorter notice than most, since Knoebels is a two hour drive and we’d have preferred to cancel trip if rain came up. Checkout in the morning was simple, too. Noticing complaints about front-desk staff, I personally found the guy at night to be short and sweet, but hardly unpleasant. Changed my earlier request for a top floor to bottom. The lady in the morning was talkative but quick, pleasant and accommodating.

Rooms are a bit larger than some of the Choice rooms we’re used to. Beds were noisy (plastic in there somewhere?) But seemed comfortable enough. Bathroom was clean and the place was quiet.

Several eating choices available close by, including a McDonald’s across the street. McDonald’s always has, and did the morning we were there, been prone to busses pulling up. This is a pain in the butt. But that’s a complaint for Micky D’s, not Red Roof. Noticed the Friendly’s next door was open for breakfast, but didn’t try it. Location with regards to Knoebels is as good as it gets without staying in rooms near Elysburg which get questionable ratings.

Negatives: Biggest negative, we always move beds, if we can, to accommodate our kids’ air mattresses. It was obvious upon moving the bed that the clean room we found was limited to surface, not the deep cleaning that comes with occasionally moving the furniture. Found two syringes under bed, which confirms earlier reviews and my suspicions that some on long-term stays are a bit shady and using this as a flop-house. I didn’t see anything that would stop me from bringing the kids again, but I certainly did..and would again...limit their access to the outside world at night. Also, getting into this hotel from the road is confusing.

Overall, the hotel was a good bargain. The syringe thing is the nature of staying in the less expensive motels (I certainly don’t want hotel management coming into the room to see what I’m doing). But it’s indicative of ineffective deep cleaning. I’d stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We appreciate your comments and feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear you found our staff to be accomodating and pleasant. you were pleased with the cleanliness of the bathroom, and you enjoyed a quiet stay. I am sorry some of our other housekeeping measures could have been better. Your feedback is important to us. We look forward to serving you even better in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

In town for a dog show in nearby Bloomsburg, I stayed here a couple of years ago and was terribly disappointed. The rooms were old and our room was stale & musty. The property now advertises itself as newly remodeled and it has been updated. Although I would have expected those renovations to hold up better than they have. The wallpaper in my room was loose and peeling in several places. The walls already had some large scuff marks on them that removed the paint. The furniture was old and somewhat battered. No luggage rack. The bathroom was just OK and it was obvious the mirror and faucet were old. The saving grace for this standard King room was the mattress. It was extremely comfortable and that made the stay doable. The flat screen TV with Hi-Def cable was a nice touch too. The morning staff were very nice! A smile or two would have greatly benefited the male front desk clerk at check-in. He looked like he'd prefer to be somewhere far, far away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry you were not more pleased with our remodeled rooms and the friendliness of our staff at check in. I am happy to hear you found our beds to be very comfortable. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. check-in people were very friendly and accomodating. our room was a standard king room. it was small but very clean. the motel was very busy both nights but was quiet in the evening and morning. would definately reccomend this motel to anyone traveling in this area

Room Tip: larger king room was $10 more a night. not really important to us, but may be to some.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darlene M
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We appreciate your business and your positive comments. I am very happy to hear you found your room to be very clean and our staff friendly and accomodating. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here in order to go to Knoebel's for an afternoon while traveling. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be in great shape, and it was older, true, but the room was clean, beds were clean and comfortable, and though it looked like the place filled up at night it was VERY quiet.

I did notice a few little things that could be improved/repaired...the door to outside showed cracks of daylight, the little ring on the back of the shower control was loose, but all in all it was a good place for the price and our purpose.

The check-in guy was a little brusque, but there was a nicer person on duty later in the eventng

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I am glad to hear you found your room to be clean, your bed comfortable, and that your enjoyed a quiet stay in Danville. We certainly appreciate your business and your comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Best Western Danville Inn
Pine Barn Inn
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!