“Best value in the area for a trip to Knoebel's”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
New Jersey
“Best value in the area for a trip to Knoebel's”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

For our regular trips to Knoebel's Amusement Park, we stay here every time. It's quiet, comfortable, clean & the staff is always pleasant. Never any problems whatsoever. It is the best deal in the area and a very good value. Nearly adjacent to a great Friendly's Restaurant for breakfast (and I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants). Far enough off the roadway for peaceful sleeping, but a very short distance to get back on the road again. They really take care of their place, inside & out, and it shows. We stay here on every one of our visits. Don't look any further. Book your stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iamrennie
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danviile. We value your comments. Our team does take great pride in our property. We are glad you noticed. I am happy to hear you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and our staff to be friendly and helpful. We are the best value at the Danville exit. Thank you again for your continued patronage. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here a year ago when in the area and had a mostly pleasant stay, so I decided to stay again. Overall the stay was better than the previous year. Though the service wasn't as friendly as 2012, I didn't have any hiccup with the housekeeping not cleaning my room this time.

The hotel is conveniently located right off I-80. Whereas the staff was extremely friendly on my previous visit, this time around they were plenty efficient and reasonably nice, but there was no real welcoming hospitality.

The room was simple and pretty much what to expect from a Red Roof Inn, and it seemed very clean, which isn't something I was able to say a year ago. The bedding, pillows and carpet all seemed reasonably new. The bathroom now had a hardwood floor, which leads me to believe that this hotel may be upgraded to the Red Roof's very cool Next Gen rooms, though at the same time, the newer carpet tells me that perhaps they'll stay as they are.

While near the highway, the sound from it is only noticeable in a minor way on the front side of the building. I have to assume that the back side is quieter. My biggest complaint is that the standard curtains, while they provide privacy, don't keep the room remotely dark once the sun comes up.

Room Tip: back side is quieter, if that's important.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville again this year. I am happy we were able to provide you with a clean room and that you noticed some of the upgrades from our recent renovation. We value your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Rochester,NY
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I were undecided between this motel and Super 8 next door. Im glad I chose this one. Bed was huge and comfy. Lots of pillows. The service desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Very Clean. Please people support the local mom and pop Restaurant next door called moms dutch kitchen. The food was great and reasonable unlike friendlys right next door. I'll be sure to keep this motel in mind next time were passing thru Danville. The only fault I give this room is whoever built the coat rack next to the sink should have picked a better spot for it cuz I cracked my head on it while at the sink.. lol ( funny now )

Room Tip: Room 101....Superior King
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trae39
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am glad you found your room to be very clean and your bed to be comfortable. I am also happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. Your positive comments are an inspiration to our entire team. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Kingston, New York, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our third hotel stay on our trip. We used two other brands. Red Roof was the only one to offer a military discount. I am a Marine Gulf War veteran. This topic matters to me. The discount was only 5 or 6 bucks but the fact that it was there to be had outweighed the monetary gain, by far. The fact that the whole place was non-smoking really appealed to us too. Smoking kills. That bad energy stays in a place. We felt none of that here. There was a lightness to, it all. The night and day counter ladies were nice, as was the cleaning lady we crossed paths with. The room was big and very clean. The bed was comfortable, an incredibly important issue on a 200 mile round trip. There was a freak cold front moving through and my wife, who's anemic, was very cold. The heater roasted the room up to temp in minutes, something the last two places couldn't claim. We even had 4 premium cable channels to pick from, something not offered at the similar rate in the other two hotels. We even had a blast with the manager at the Friendly's restaurant next door! (Hope he gets to hear that!) I'd recommend this hotel to all my Jarhead buddies and anyone else I cared about!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken J
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your 100% smoke free room and found your room to be warm, clean, and spacious, your bed to be comfortable, and our staff to be friendly. I am glad you enjoyed our premium cable package and had an enjoyable meal at the restaurant next door. Thank you again for your positive comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Giddings, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is by far the nicest, cleanest, most up-to-date Red Roof Inn I have stayed in! When I opened the door, the first thing I noticed was the fresh decor and wonderful fresh scent! The carpet appeared brand new, the bed was SO comfortable, and I honestly expected an inferior stay for the very reasonable price I paid. The staff was wonderful and helpful - I will definitely stay here again, should I travel through the area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. I am very happy to hear you were impressed with the fresh scent and cleanliness of our rooms and that you found your bed to be very comfortable. We are the best value at the Danville exit. I am so glad you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We found this hotel thru our cell phones as a last resort to being frozen to death in a tent near rickets glen. They were extremely friendly and cheap. A life saver seriously! If I ever visit Danville again I will definitely visit the Red Roof Inn again. There is no better place to stay then there's

• Stayed April 2013
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am glad we were able to economically meet your lodging needs and that you found our staff to be friendly. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Bealeton, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here at this Red Roof one night as we were driving south through Pennsylvania. The room we had was okay, but the place could use a bit of renovation. The rug was worn and the blanket on the bed was showing it's age. One of the wall lamp bulbs was burned out and my wife complained about the noisy heater. All that being said though, the bed itself was comfortable and the room was clean. There is a McDonald's directly across the street that was convenient for breakfast. Overall, I would say it is okay for a one night stay and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof in Danville. I am happy to hear you found your room to be clean and the bed comfortable. We are currently completing a renovation of all of our rooms. We are the best value here at the Danville exit and we look forward to serving you even better once our remodel is complete.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#4 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!