“Disgusting”

Old Forge Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: FORGED BY HAND. CRAFTED WITH PRIDE. We opened our doors in 2008 with a few goals in mind: - to make the best beer and food possible - to utilize local business, artisans, farmers, and craftsmen whenever possible - to never sacrifice quality for growth Despite the challenges and obstacles along the way, we’ve done a pretty good job sticking to those principles. Going local isn’t always easy, but it’s worth the extra time, money, and effort. It’s better for the community, the local economy, and in the end, all of us. Doing things the right way, rather than the quick way, or cheaper way, is how we operate. It’s real. It’s authentic. It’s Old Forge Brewing Company. When you crack open a can of fresh Old Forge beer or sit at our locally made 500 year old oak bar top, be assured you are in the midst of an authentic American craft beer experience.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was at Old Forge in Danville earlier this month and I saw the cooks preparing the food WITHOUT gloves on. They were actually touching the food bare handed, if you ask me, that is completely unacceptable.
The servers there were extremely impolite. Instead of them waiting on us, they were flirting with each other...very disrespectful!!! I will never be eating there again, nor will my family or friends.

2  Thank jenbails
There are newer reviews for Old Forge Brewing Company

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were visiting Danville for a weekend cycling event and stopped into the Old Forge Brewing Company for a beer and a snack. The beer was excellent, especially the Hopsmith India Pale Lager and Petey's Porter. We also had THE BEST hummus I have ever had. Old Forge makes their own, served with vegetables and chips, and the variety varies - i.e., "hummus of the day." We talked with a couple of the locals while we were there who said all of the food was excellent - easy to believe based on the hummus!

I would strongly recommend stopping in for a meal at Old Forge to anyone traveling within 10-15 miles of Danville - only 3 miles off I-80, take exit 224 towards Danville. The pub has a small outdoor seating area in front and an upstairs dining room, in addition to the bar on the main level, so they would be suitable for families - several came in while we were there.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant in consistently excellent, making it one of my husband and my favorites. On this visit, we stopped for dinner on our way home from a meeting in Selinsgrove. I always get a soft pretzel with beer cheese for an appetizer. They have the best soft pretzels. I don't know if they are frozen or not, but they always taste fresh made. My husband loves their beer. I don't drink alcohol, but their hand forged sodas are delicious. Like drinking a soda from a soda shop in the 1950s. The wait staff are always excellent, despite the fact that this place is usually crazy busy and are very knowledgeable about the beer and menu. It's also refreshing to be served tortillas and beer cheese instead of french fries with your meal. Every restaurant serves french fries. It's nice to come here and get something different but equally as tasty. I've never eaten anything here that I didn't like, and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unreal food, service, and staff. Wish we could have gone for second night. Crazy yummy! Staff was busy but smiling and willing to go beyond necessary to make guests happy!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great casual bar/restaurant in historic Danville. The wait staff was friendly and prompt, excellent Bleu Jerk burger with rosemary bacon and parsley mayo ~ really fresh and tasty. Homemade soft pretzels were amazing for appetizers. Beer was so-so, but I am not a real fan of craft beer. The atomsphere is really warm and relaxing with a great view from the second floor to the street. Good value for the price, but I would add french fries to the menu ~ burgers served with tortilla chips and a cheese sauce. I'm guessing it's healthier?? Would certainly come back again.