“Very clean, nice room and beds extremely comfortable!”

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very clean, nice room and beds extremely comfortable!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you need to stay near Bloomsburg, this is the perfect location. Hotel was very clean and room was very nice and beds/pillows extremely comfortable. Wifi was good, room was quiet and breakfast was good. Only negative was pool was closed for renovation and we weren't told that when we made reservations or checked in. Should always be told of any renovations when making reservations. Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danville-11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We love hearing from our Guests.
Our pool is now open and our renovations are complete.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and happy travels.

Lee Ann Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff was great, the hotel was not. I will trust the "reviews" next time. The lobby was tore up, the toilet would not flush, no vending on the first floor, noisy. We got a discount and a gift card. The pool was closed we picked this hotel to go swimming. I still Love Hampton, but will watch the reviews in the future.

Room Tip: wait till renovations are done??
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 26Tim
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work with our staff to improve our guest experience and correct all issues mentioned. We hope you will come visit us in the future. we would love another chance to provide a great stay for you

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I agree with the other reviews, Dusty and dirty, no Vending Machines to get water, no work out facilities.And yes, I thought the construction crew was somewhat creepy and disrespectful (and everywhere). Working until at least 8PM at night and it is very noisy. The renovated room was nice, but they still have those cheap amenities that do not serve this Hotel chain well. I agree, this Hotel should have been closed until renovations were complete. The Hampton Inn in Bloomsburg is very nice and not far away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. As you stated, we are undergoing renovations, however they will be completed by the end of the week. We appreciate our guests' patience during this time and again we apologize for all of the inconveniences. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again. We would love another chance to provide a great stay to you in the future

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you just need a box to try to sleep in, go with Super 8. If you want to actually relax a little off the highway, this place does it and is worth the extra cash. Rooms are pleasant with high ceilings, good lights, decent bathrooms, very comfortable beds (remember sleep?). Breakfast very nice. Has a pool and ex. room too. If I had to stay in Danville for an extended period I would be happy with it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was required to stay here by my company for three days. Upon making the reservations, I wwasnt told there was massive (and I mean Massive) renovations underway. They should have closed the hotel. The lobby was almost totally closed off with plastic tarps. There was concrete dust everywhere and I was walking ove piles of old concrete in the lobby. In a room right off the front desk, there were piles of old toilets. The Fitness Center was filled with the same and other old things. I was told the computer to print my boarding pass wouldnt work due to construction... All they had to do was plug it in somewhere. The breakfast was in an old room and left all day. My business colleagues said their rooms weren't renovated, billed as non-smoking and had a very strong smell of smoke. I was told my room had been renovated and I was the first to occupy it. It was nice and up to what I normally see at Hampton Inns.
If they were doing this kind of renovation( I call it demolishing from the inside) we should have been told and offered a reduced rate due to inconvenience.

Room Tip: Wait until they complete the renovation TOTALLY
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Danville-11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience, we are working on improving our guest rooms and we thank all of our guest for their patience with us during this time. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we hope to see you return soon.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hotel undergoing a *SORELY* needed renovation. Don't choose this hotel if you anticipate needing to sleep during the day. Construction crews have zero respect for your need for rest and the staff won't do anything about it. Worst part: they still charge a four-star price for quality that doesn't attain one star quality. The other hotels in the area have no problem providing equivalent quality for fraction of the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sam J
I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that our renovations are causing all of our guests and we appreciate your patience with us during this tough time. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Despite having to stay in Danville due to a family medical emergency, this place has been my home away from home for two weeks. (including Christmas) The kind folks here have gone above and beyond to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Our room was spic and span and our little cleaning gal was a joy to see every morning. The beds were comfy and assured us a good nights sleep. Though we did not partake in their many ammenities, they look very inviting.
The front desk staff, each and every one of them, left no stone unturned in their customer service. We even got a call to our room reminding us that there were warm cookies in the lobby! My husband said they tasted like the ones his grandma used to make. There is a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet and the dining room is clean as a whistle. Coffee is in the lobby 24/7's as well as a nice fruit basket. Rooms are equipped with a microwave and small fridge and there is a coin-op laundry in case you have to be here for a long time.
Be careful to not miss the driveway. There is an abandoned gas station at the entrance and it is easy to miss. There are about 5 hotels at the Danville exit. Trust me, this is the one to stay at. They are also smart enough to know that there are a few of us left that smoke so they have a few smoking rooms. Hats off to the good team at this facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#1 of 8 in Bloomsburg
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#3 of 6 in Danville

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!