“Undergoing Renovations at this time. Noisy and dirty.”

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I agree with the other reviews, Dusty and dirty, no Vending Machines to get water, no work out facilities.And yes, I thought the construction crew was somewhat creepy and disrespectful (and everywhere). Working until at least 8PM at night and it is very noisy. The renovated room was nice, but they still have those cheap amenities that do not serve this Hotel chain well. I agree, this Hotel should have been closed until renovations were complete. The Hampton Inn in Bloomsburg is very nice and not far away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Danville-11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. As you stated, we are undergoing renovations, however they will be completed by the end of the week. We appreciate our guests' patience during this time and again we apologize for all of the inconveniences. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again. We would love another chance to provide a great stay to you in the future

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you just need a box to try to sleep in, go with Super 8. If you want to actually relax a little off the highway, this place does it and is worth the extra cash. Rooms are pleasant with high ceilings, good lights, decent bathrooms, very comfortable beds (remember sleep?). Breakfast very nice. Has a pool and ex. room too. If I had to stay in Danville for an extended period I would be happy with it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was required to stay here by my company for three days. Upon making the reservations, I wwasnt told there was massive (and I mean Massive) renovations underway. They should have closed the hotel. The lobby was almost totally closed off with plastic tarps. There was concrete dust everywhere and I was walking ove piles of old concrete in the lobby. In a room right off the front desk, there were piles of old toilets. The Fitness Center was filled with the same and other old things. I was told the computer to print my boarding pass wouldnt work due to construction... All they had to do was plug it in somewhere. The breakfast was in an old room and left all day. My business colleagues said their rooms weren't renovated, billed as non-smoking and had a very strong smell of smoke. I was told my room had been renovated and I was the first to occupy it. It was nice and up to what I normally see at Hampton Inns.
If they were doing this kind of renovation( I call it demolishing from the inside) we should have been told and offered a reduced rate due to inconvenience.

Room Tip: Wait until they complete the renovation TOTALLY
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Danville-11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience, we are working on improving our guest rooms and we thank all of our guest for their patience with us during this time. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hotel undergoing a *SORELY* needed renovation. Don't choose this hotel if you anticipate needing to sleep during the day. Construction crews have zero respect for your need for rest and the staff won't do anything about it. Worst part: they still charge a four-star price for quality that doesn't attain one star quality. The other hotels in the area have no problem providing equivalent quality for fraction of the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sam J

I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that our renovations are causing all of our guests and we appreciate your patience with us during this tough time. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Despite having to stay in Danville due to a family medical emergency, this place has been my home away from home for two weeks. (including Christmas) The kind folks here have gone above and beyond to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Our room was spic and span and our little cleaning gal was a joy to see every morning. The beds were comfy and assured us a good nights sleep. Though we did not partake in their many ammenities, they look very inviting.
The front desk staff, each and every one of them, left no stone unturned in their customer service. We even got a call to our room reminding us that there were warm cookies in the lobby! My husband said they tasted like the ones his grandma used to make. There is a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet and the dining room is clean as a whistle. Coffee is in the lobby 24/7's as well as a nice fruit basket. Rooms are equipped with a microwave and small fridge and there is a coin-op laundry in case you have to be here for a long time.
Be careful to not miss the driveway. There is an abandoned gas station at the entrance and it is easy to miss. There are about 5 hotels at the Danville exit. Trust me, this is the one to stay at. They are also smart enough to know that there are a few of us left that smoke so they have a few smoking rooms. Hats off to the good team at this facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We were having a good stay in Danville until we had to deal with this place. Check in was pleasant enough but the following morning I got a call from a business colleague asking me to move a meeting up. No problem. I just needed to check out an hour later (45 minutes really). The hotel refused a one hour late checkout. That sent me scrambling to move my appointments around. The maid, despite the do not disturb sign was knocking at the door at 10:50 asking if we were leaving. We got out at 10:58. I've never felt like I was getting pushed out of a hotel before. I'm a Hilton Honors (only silver level) member, but I'm not sure why.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Wayne H
Danville-11, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to accommodate your late check-out and provide you with a better quality of service. Please know this is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We take great pride in meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Your comments will be shared with our team so we may work to better handle similar situations in the future. We value your feedback as a frequent traveler and Hhonors member and we hope you will come back and stay with us again so we may show you the quality service you expect and deserve from us.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Newly renovated property about 2.5 miles from Geisinger Medical Center situated in a quiet location near highway. King bedroom was very clean with excellent flat screen TV.
Standard amenities and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank broadway2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Best Western Danville Inn
#6 of 6 in Danville
8 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!