“Few choices in the region ~ this B&B is OK”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Danielsville
Filbert Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Danielsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice house and property in a picturesque farm area, very accomodating innkeeper and lots of surprises around every corner...grandma's shoes, great butler kitchen, outdoor seating areas, attached country store, etc. We were doing a sunrise hot air balloon flight at 5:30am and Kathy assured us that no matter what time we got back from the flight we could get breakfast. The breakfast service was beautiful, and the food was also presented beautifully ~ the food was fine but not outstanding.

The toiletries in the bathroom creeped me out a bit. Instead of the mini hotel-sized toiletries, in the shower were 3 large economy bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash half empty. There was a little basket next to the sink with 2 used bars of soap, a toothbrush (which was NOT is a package or wrapper- was it used?) and a few other items.

The house and room were fine. If you are doing a balloon flight at Slatington Airport there are few options for accomodations and this place would be fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Re-visited over Christmas break with 3 kids, 9,11 & 13. Kathy's hospitality was as fabulous as before! We each found little christmas presents on our pillows too!! We needed extra-early breakfast for skiing early, and she was able to accommodate - by getting up at 5am!! We still received her full fledged hearty country breakfast.
Thanks Kathy!

Room Tip: For a family, Grandma Suite is Great!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rajseth
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Beautiful Victorian with comfy rooms. Many thoughtful details, including free drinks, extra toiletries. Perfect for Appalachian Trail hikers with reliable shuttle and flexible, big breakfast. Wonderful hostess and experience.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Fabulously restored Historic victorian. Gracious InnKeeper. Beautifully presented hearty breakfast. High Speed Wifi Internet access.
Hostess had a hot crock of soup or Chili waiting for us every evening when we returned from skiing.
Rooms were immaculate, with lots of historic charm.
A fabulous experience for me with our 3 kids ages 8, 10 & 12.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rajseth
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My wife and I completely enjoyed our stay at this Inn with a delicious home cooked farm fresh breakfast each morning. We never found ourselves more than 20 minutes from anything we wanted to do. Kathy made us feel at home and was truly there for us. Kathy lived up to her motto of "enter as strangers, leave as friends...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I originally checked into the Filbert for one night, as a break on my thru-hike on the nearby Appalachian Trail. Thanks to host Kathy and her gregarious personality and fantastic cooking, my stay turned into three nights as I relaxed and enjoyed the facilities of this restored Danielsville property. My fellow guests included professionals on a mid week break and the Filbert is close to the Leighigh Valley Shopping District and many good eateries and local attractions.
Staying at the Filbert and meeting the friendly people of Pennsylvannia is easily one of my highlights of my stay in the US, I absolutely recommend this property as a fun, personable alternative to staying in homogenous mid range hotel chains.
Thank you Kathy & best wishes!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Filbert Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!