“Cozy, Peaceful & Adorable”
other travelers have booked this property
Updated Enclosed Porch
View from house
fishing
View from house
Sitting area outside cottage
Chiminea for late night fires
Breakfast with a view of the river
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Meander80...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cozy, Peaceful & Adorable”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed here 2 nights at the end of August. We had a really stressful week of preparing and getting our daughter back to her University, and ended up getting there quite late the first night. It was dark and we couldn't really see the surroundings of the cottage. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise, because I think the most perfect moment was when I opened my eyes the next morning to such a serene and beautiful scene of river, mountains and trees framed perfectly by windows with petunias growing in their window boxes. It may sound strange, but that alone made the trip worthwhile because of the peace it brought me! The cottage was adorable and had everything we needed. I was especially happy to find coffee in the kitchen and very much enjoyed taking in the views with my coffee on the cute little patio that overlooked the river. We took the quick little walk into town for brunch, and stopped at the grocery for our dinner items which we stayed at the cottage and grilled. There were boardgames in the sun room, so when we got back my husband and I played a game of scrabble. I honestly can't remember the last time we chilled enough to do that, and it was really nice! We did walk down to the river after dinner, but didn't access the boats.. maybe next time! The owners have a home next door. Had a small chat with the Mr. mid-day when he was walking their sweet pup, and with the Mrs. only when we were heading out. Very friendly couple, and though they are right next door they were very respectful of our privacy. Overall, the only downside I think, is that we wished we could have stayed longer! The setting forces you to decompress and just relax which I think we both so needed. I hope we will have a chance to visit again, and stay a bit longer next time! Thank you Pat, for sharing your cottage with us! Sincerely, Christie

Sep 16, 2016
I love the feeling when guests arrive in the dark knowing they are in for a surprise when they see the surroundings in the morning. So happy you enjoyed it!
Trip66420...
“your future vacation awaits”
Reviewed August 24, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This is your perfect future vacation, look no more. Pat is so friendly, easy to work with, and replies almost immediately to all emails. I went here with my boyfriend, we actually just got home today- and I'm already asking to come back next year. You have a beautiful river view from most rooms, a sit in porch with decorative lights for the night time, two very nice bedrooms and most of all some peace and quiet in the poconos. There is also access to a kayak/canoe/water tubes, which was a lot of fun and a nice bonus.
I will say, there is NO WIFI so pack up some board games and DVD's and enjoy the lovely view of everything around you. This is the perfect place to bring the family, friends, spouses if you want to escape the "real world" and get away from technology. I didn't mind the lack of wifi, it was actually nice. You're missing out if you look at any other rental for the summer.

Your age range 18-24
Aug 25, 2016
Thank you for the nice review. so happy you enjoyed it.
ChrisR411
Hicksville, New York
“Cozy, Comfortable Cottage in a beautiful spot on the Delaware”
Reviewed May 15, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I just spent a very pleasant 3 day weekend here. We slept in the bedroom that overlooks the river & it really is an amazing view to wake up to. The town of Callicoon, NY is a short pleasant walk from the cottage. There we were able to do a little antique shopping and pick up some food at Pecks supermarket to cook for dinner. On Sundays they have a farmers market that we really enjoyed, but I think our favorite part was just sitting by the river enjoying nature. The owners and their dog are great.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
May 16, 2016
LOL first time our dog was in a review. So happy you were pleased and enjoyed your stay.
TheVskyfa...
New York City, New York
“Just What the Family Needed”
Reviewed April 30, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My wife, son (10yr old) and I, spent 3 nights 4 days at this Cozy Cottage steps from the Delaware River. It was just what the Doctor ordered. A City Life Family Getaway! BBQ on the porch, camp fires right off the river, father and son canoeing and fishing (Canoes and Kayak were available at our leisure). Cottage was clean, cozy and had all the necessary amenities. The views of the water and mountains were beautiful. The town is in walking distance and locals are beyond friendly. My personal favorite day was when we stayed in due to rain. It was so majestic. Coffee and a book. cuddling with the fam. We all agree that there will be more time spent at the Cozy Cottage. Thank You Pat and Andy

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 35-49
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 1, 2016
So happy that you had a relaxing time. I knew you would love it! I do and am so happy to share it with others.
Experienc...
“Long weekend getaway ”
Reviewed October 11, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My husband and I spent a fantastic long weekend here for our 3rd anniversary. Pat and her husband were great hosts, very helpful. We had two small issues, with the bed and the shower drain, but I have faith they will be fixed immediately. Nice town and nice people. We'd book again for sure!

Oct 12, 2015
Both issues have been taken care of. We appreciate your letting us know. Sometimes in the country these drains are slow but it has been addressed. Otherwise we are pleased that you enjoyed our Cozy Cottage.
Steve R
Audubon
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 9, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Very nice place to stay at. The owners were really awesome people and went way above and beyond. I will definitely rent again from them if it's available. I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the bank of the river by the fire. You couldn't ask for a Better set up. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the near by town across the bridge.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Monica R
Houston, United States
“Calm and Beautiful”
Reviewed September 2, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Our host could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Their cottage is small but relaxing and quiet. The river is beautiful and it was peaceful having coffee in the enclosed porch every morning. It isn't fancy if that is what you are after but it is clean and off the beaten path which is what we wanted. We had a small issue with a drain and the host had it corrected right away. I would add that the internet connectivity was great. I got 4G with my MIFI which is unusual for the area. I wasn't expecting good service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The enclosed porch
Liked least: The beds
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing