“Waited too long for food”
Review of Metro Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Metro Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Metro Bar and Grill is an award-winning casual eating and drinking establishment in Dallas, Pennsylvania, just outside Wilkes-Barre.Located in a converted silk factory, the space once devoted to the construction of ladies' undergarments is now home to The Metro.Providing craft and fine beers to suit all tastes, The Metro features 24 draft beers, over one hundred bottled, over a dozen wines by the glass (we have the only wine preservation tap system hereabouts), signature martinis, hand-cut steaks, hand-made fresh burgers, fish, pasta, and some of the best chicken dishes you'll find anywhere.All in a casual, relaxed, fun environment. Voted the area's best bar & restaurant, the award-winning Metro Bar and Grill is open Tuesday through Saturday (Sundays in the Summer, Mondays during Football) from four until two, serving dinner until one a.M.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have only been here twice over several years, and it was as bad as the first time. We were with a group of about 30 that had booked for their monthly dinner and meeting. There was only one waitress and she said only one cook in the kitchen. Seems the constant change of management cannot figure out how to run a kitchen. We waited far too long for our food, as she was carrying plates in one or two at a time. Most of it was cold by the time she got it to us. I asked for my "Asian" fish with the toppings and aioli on the side with no bun, it came with all the sauce on top, so even taking it home to reheat it did not work. My daughter had to leave early for another event, and barely ate a couple bites by the time her plate arrived.

Just a horrible night. It may be a decent place for drinks and live music later at night, but pass on trying to get a nice meal here.

3  Thank D C

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The servers and managers are always very nice...but you sit for a long time waiting for your meal. Meals are just OK.

2  Thank Jill S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Although it was not the first family gathering we have had at the Metro, it was most certainly the best of some very good other experiences we have had there. The family had come together for a send of of two family members back to Minnesota and there were representative of at least three states who were all in agreement that the atmosphere of the Metro was more like one i Hoboken on the Hudson or even in Soho or Greenwich Village itself. (and some of the fam should know, coming from the North Jersey area)...The food was as amazing as the atmosphere and the wait staff excellent. We are already planning my father's 80th birthday party for this May and I for one can't wait. Oh and by the way, the only thing not in accord with a restaurant on the Hudson are the prices......you could not get a meal like the one I had anywhere on the Hudson for prices like those at the Metro.
Forgot to mention that 21 amazing waterfalls are a mere 15 minutes away from the Metro at Rickets Glen State Park

MetroBarAndGrill, Owner at Metro Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank-you for your wonderful review. We appreciate hosting your family events and are looking forward to helping your Dad celebrate his 80th!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Terrific service. Staff is so nice and fun. I come here once or twice a month and I'm never disappointed. Best bar/family restaurant in NEPA. I had my 30th birthday here and was treated like a queen. They're great for special events/meetings/etc. My soon to be sister-in-law is now going to have her party dinner there. LOTS of beers on tap, but I usually get one of their martinis. There's always something different and fun. Great food, I'm vegetarian just had the eggplan special that was cooked three times. So juicy, big portion. My favorite time to visit is in the summer when the back patio is open. There's usually a nice acoustic guitar playing and you can have your dog chill with you. Right by Rickett's Glen, so check it out after a hike.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
MetroBarAndGrill, Owner at Metro Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you! We love our Rickets Glen hiker-friends! Thank-you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to let others know about your Metro experiences. Looking forward to seeing your dog (and you) when our patio opens (hopefully later this month!)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Everything about the Metro is always exemplary. The food, the service, the atmosphere. Whether there with my family or for happy hour with friends, we are never disappointed. When in the Dallas area, we try to get there.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Karen and thank-you for your very kind review. We appreciate your taking the time to let others know about your experiences with The Metro. We have a number of Lehigh Valley area "regulars" and look forward to seeing you again the next time you come up the Turnpike!