“Brilliant”
Review of The Station Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
The Station Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Bognor Regis
“Brilliant”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just spent four nights and enjoyed every second. Premises full of character, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed and excellent breakfasts. Overlooks busy railway line which was the reason why I and most guests were there. As a light sleeper I thought beforehand that this might be too much of a good thing at night but I need not have worried. The glazed windows were very effective and I had four nights excellent sleep.

Abiding memory is sitting in a comfy chair on the veranda, drink in hand, enjoying the company of like minded individuals and watching a procession of trains pass as the sun went down. Magic!

Room Tip: Book well in advance
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gricerking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Little Hocking, Ohio
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My first time there with my brother who has stayed here several times. The cleanliness, comfort, the Porch, The Food and of course Tom and Sandy and guests were great. Looking forward to go back again.

Room Tip: Had a front room but didn't get awaken from the trains.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband, rain fan from birth, loves it here. He goes 3 times a year from Huntington,WV. Always sees lots of trains, has great breakfasts and so enjoys the camaraderie with other "foamers" (railroaders term for rail fans-foaming at the mouth) on the porch. He doesn't do computers so I'm writing this for him.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Princess Kathy ... O
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at The Station Inn, in May of 2013. First night was very warm and I had the windows open as I went to bed. Was just nodding off and an east bound heavy freight coming up the hill, sounded as if it was coming through the room. Awesome! Loved it. My two nights here were excellent. Train photography was the reason I was here, but the owner, Tom made me feel like a friend just visiting, rather than a paying customer. Highly recommend The Station Inn, to everyone, rail fan or not.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have wonderful views of the main line.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dushore, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

OK, I am a train lover and I went to the Station Inn expressly (no pun intended) to watch as many as I could. This, courtesy of my wife as a birthday present. In fact, this was our second visit. Each time the experience was similar. The rooms are railroad themed and comfortable. Breakfast is served family style and there is much more on the table than anyone can eat. There are also snacks, candies, cookies, and soda provided free of charge throughout the day. Sandy and Tom are very friendly and make you feel that you could take your shoes off and sit a while. In fact, you could. But the best part is the long porch where you can sit hours on end and converse with fellow ferroequinologists while watching many,many trains. I find it as relaxing as sitting at the beach. There are also many other rail-fan attractions nearby. I hope to enjoy many more visits. If you like trains and a casual relaxed atmosphere you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Halethorpe, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

While I certainly love trains I do have to admit that this past weekend I met several folks that were far more "hardcore" railfans than I! This is a very quaint place in a very quaint town. Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night but it was a very, very cool experience for many reasons. First, the other railfans there couldn't have been any more welcoming to my fiance and I and we shared lots of laughs and information hanging out on the porch (I learned a lot from these folks and made some new friends). Second, the staff was very accommodating showing us around and giving us the insights to the town. Third, the porch is set up very well for both serious railfanning as well as for relaxing too. There are ample chairs (mostly rockers and one glider - I was partial to the glider!!), electric for devices, tables, ceiling fans, and space! Fourth, the breakfast was very good! Fifth, the rooms, despite not having A/C, did remain cool (thanks for the fans that certainly helped with getting a good night sleep - at least in between trains roaring by!). The room appointments were simple but comfortable. Last, and certainly not least was the rail action.... it won't disappoint! We observed lots of trains and in just one day we saw 2 trains that had heritage units! What a treat!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim M
Georgetown, DE
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Station Inn is a unique place unlike any other. Almost exclusively populated by older male rail buffs, it is interesting in and of itself as I have not seen anyplace quite like it. No a/c, no TV, but wi fi. Community breakfast settings with eggs, yogurt, pastry, cake, and freshly cut fruit as well as breakfast meats. Outside beer and food market within a block. Most of downstairs is like a museum with rail magazines, photos, and rail artifacts - impressive are articles and reviews featuring the establishment and owner Tom from the Wall St. Journal, the Washington Post, the New York Times,and other lesser known newspapers. A refrigerator for your use at the top of the stairs. Caution! there is an air horn from a locomotive on the porch that enthusiasts can sound at passing trains - the horn cought me off guard and my ears were not the same for a half hour. My wife, hardly a rail fan, said sitting on the front porch watching the the town folk, trains, and whatever was a delightful experiencel.

Room Tip: All rooms but the Erie are in the front of the hotel with views of the street and tracks. The Erie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarlofDelaware
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Quality Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 7 in Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona

Been to The Station Inn? Share your experiences!