WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cresson House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
Cresson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Kenton, Ohio
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent a weekend in Cresson visiting family. We arrived late, but our son had gotten the key for us ahead of our arrival. We found the house inviting and very convenient. The room was very comfortable, bathroom very pleasant. Marti and Steve are great hosts and very easy to talk with. Breakfast was more than enough and absolutely delicious. If you need a place to stay in Cresson, call them ahead to book your stay, I know we will again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Cresson House while we were traveling through PA going to the Groundhog festival. The location is ideal for photographers and rail-fans alike who are looking to be close to train tracks, but not directly on top of them. My boyfriend is a photographer and enjoyed the town of Cresson for it's numerous outlook points of rail traffic. The inn-keepers, Marti and Steve were so accommodating with our travel schedule, whether it was an arrival time or when to serve breakfast, in light of a very snowy weekend. They kept the property clean and tidy inside and out. We stayed in the Prince Gallitzin Room and highly recommend it. We also had the opportunity to see a majority of the other rooms available and would have enjoyed any of the options!! It was an additional pleasure to have Marti sit with us during breakfast and share stories of how the business started and also get to know us as well. My boyfriend and I have been to several other B&B's and this has to be our favorite experience yet!! Will definitely stay here again when we come back to PA.

Room Tip: Prince Gallitzin Room was an excellent spacious room with a private bath. The shower might be a bit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beautiful house, comfortable bedroom with a private bath and all of the amenities. Breakfast in the morning was just...perfect. Marti and Steve go the extra mile to make you feel at home! If you are traveling to this area and need accommodations, The Cresson House should be #1 on your list!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Shello513
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cresson House for 3 nights recently and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hosts, Marti and Steve are so friendly and welcoming and they make every effort to be sure their guests are comfortable. The house was beautifully decorated for the Holidays and everything was spotlessly clean. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer D
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I’ve stayed at many B&B’s up and down the east coast over the last 25 years and this is by far the very best establishment. I am a very picky and clean-freakish person and I can honestly say that I have no problem walking around in my bare feet… which is something I would never dream of doing anywhere except in my own home. Everything… food, beds, furnishings, parking, everything was top quality. The owners are terrific. After talking to Marti on the phone arranging my stay and meeting her, I felt like I’ve known her all my life. She is so pleasant, full of personality, professional and humble… quite the beauty in many ways.
We’ve met some wonderful guest at the breakfast table that have left an imprint on my heart forever. Last August, 2011, Marti was able to accommodate my brother and his wife from California, my sister from Georgia, and my other two sisters from Virginia (I traveled from Tennessee) in the B&B. It was truly a family reunion since it had been 5 years since we last saw our CA brother and sister-in-law. I slept in a room with my wonderful sister, Carol, who died just 5 months later. It was a very special bonding for us and I am grateful for the comfortable surrounding that afforded us that time together. I happen to be driving tomorrow to stay at Marti’s and my sister and her husband are there from Georgia. The house is so centrally located that we can be in Altoona, Loretto, Ashville, Ebensburg, Patton and many other small towns in just 15 minutes.
Long story short, I can’t recommend a better place to stay than Cresson House Bed and Breakfast. It is 100% better than any hotel or motel in the entire area, guaranteed. They shall always have my business.

Room Tip: Every room is great and I've stayed in three of them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna V
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Cresson House B&B has Beautiful decor, which is immaculately maintained, a great breakfast is served, and wonderful are the hosts! Plus, it is very reasonably priced! What more could you want from a Bed and Breakfast stay?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rickgmail
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have come to Cresson for years to visit family and have stayed at all the local motels. The Cresson house is no comparison. It is truly a home away from home. Marti and Steve are the friendliest people I have met. The breakfast was outstanding. Steve made the best French toast and the bacon is to die for. Everything was spotless. We had the warm feeling of being back in time with all the modern amenities. This is now are number one choice when we come back.

Room Tip: Lemon room has very large on suite bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
#1 of 7 in Johnstown
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#5 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Cresson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!