“I'll stay here every time I visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
Cresson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My son Braeden (8) and I stayed in the Charles Schwab room. Very comfortable bedding, cool air conditioning, VERY quiet room. The bathroom is right next door, and is not shared. There is a flat screen TV with the most basic of cable. I would've liked a little bigger TV with more channels, but I understand that most guests are at Cresson House for peace and quiet. The WiFi was quite fast.
Breakfast and coffee were excellent. Fresh fruit (Melon, kiwi, grapes, pineapple, strawberries), delicious scrambled eggs (Folded when cooked, really great), Belgian waffles, maple bacon. All served in a beautiful dining room. I enjoyed my coffee every morning while looking at my iPad and rocking on the porch in my rocking chair. I will stay at Cresson House every time I come home to visit.

Room Tip: I ony stayed in the one room. I liked the looks of the Prince Gallitzin room off of the dining room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wilks22
There are newer reviews for Cresson House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 1, 2012

On our way back to Philadelphia, we stopped one night in Cresson. A delightful moment of rest in a very charming old house, so well kept by the owners. A wonderful bathroom, a good and firm bed. What else to ask for after a five-hour drive from Ohio ?

And the area looks quite attractive too with wonderful forests around.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cl_loertscher
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We travelled to Cresson from Dubai to settle our son into the local college. Staying at Cresson house was one of the highlights of our travels and we can honestly say we have never felt so at home - when being away from home. Marti and Steve made us feel so comfortable and welcome. Our room was immaculate, clean and extremely comfortable. We loved our breakfasts and the "never ending coffee pot" along with the conversations and all the lovely people we met sitting at the breakfast table. To begin with we stayed for 5 nights and then came back for another 2 nights spending our last night/morning there before heading for the airport and back home. We cannot think of anything negative to write as there is nothing negative at all about this wonderful home and this beautiful couple Marti and Steve. We hope to visit again soon - and if you are ever in Cresson or the surrounding areas go stay at Cresson house - you will never regret it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and indiviudal but our favourite was the Prince Gallitzin Room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dubaidoulas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My 3 sisters and I recently spent 2 nights at the Cresson House and had such a lovely experience. The rooms were quite clean and very comfortable. Loved sitting on the front porch and having coffee served to us in the mornings. The breakfasts were excellent. You can't beat the hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank butterflyGlenMills
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Marti & Steve are amazing! They have created a warm, cozy & inviting home where everything is immaculate & clean! We loved visiting & will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JENNandPATRICK
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My Aunt lives in Cresson, PA. My Mother and another Aunt have stayed at the Cresson House many times in the past and told me when I visited - don't even think about going someplace else. I am a skeptic. I read the reviews. Who in the world has all positive reviews. Not ONE single thing can anyone come up with about this place??? I did not believe it possible. Must be just because there isn't anything else around...I was WRONG. Marti and Steve run this adorable B&B. Read the reviews - they are all true. I was stunned. These folks could not be more accommodating and gracious. Here is an example, on the last day we were there (we stayed 3 nights - 2 nights during the week we had the place to ourselves), Marti insisted I invite my Aunt and cousin for breakfast on the last morning of our stay. They cooked extra at no thought of cost or inconvenience. They allowed their home to truly become my home. And to top it off, my husband left his toothbrush charger, Marti called my aunt in town to tell us of the oversight. Seriously, who does this anymore??? We will be returning just as soon as I hear of another family get together. It was also very touching to read my Mom's words in the guest register, as we recently lost her. Do not hesitate to book this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the ground floor. We toured the whole house and you cannot go wrong w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

They should call this superlative B&B "Home"! Marti and Steve are the friendliness innkeepers you will ever meet; DO NOT pass this one by! The whole house is spotless, and the rooms feature beds with the highest quality of linens and comfortable pillows. The baths sparkle, and parking is right outside your door. The breakfasts alone are worth the trip!! The setting is perfect for those going through this area of Southwestern PA or visiting Mount Aloysius College (located in Cresson) or St. Francis University University just 3 miles away. Railroad and train enthusiasts will get their fill about four blocks away but far enough not to interfere with your sleep. You could even have a small family reunion with relatives staying at the B&B. We have stayed there so far about a dozen times and always look forward to our next visit. This place is a "10"!! Bob, Vienna, VA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Quality Inn
#5 of 15 in Altoona
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Cresson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!