“A wonderful experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
Cresson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My 3 sisters and I recently spent 2 nights at the Cresson House and had such a lovely experience. The rooms were quite clean and very comfortable. Loved sitting on the front porch and having coffee served to us in the mornings. The breakfasts were excellent. You can't beat the hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank butterflyGlenMills
There are newer reviews for Cresson House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Marti & Steve are amazing! They have created a warm, cozy & inviting home where everything is immaculate & clean! We loved visiting & will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JENNandPATRICK
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My Aunt lives in Cresson, PA. My Mother and another Aunt have stayed at the Cresson House many times in the past and told me when I visited - don't even think about going someplace else. I am a skeptic. I read the reviews. Who in the world has all positive reviews. Not ONE single thing can anyone come up with about this place??? I did not believe it possible. Must be just because there isn't anything else around...I was WRONG. Marti and Steve run this adorable B&B. Read the reviews - they are all true. I was stunned. These folks could not be more accommodating and gracious. Here is an example, on the last day we were there (we stayed 3 nights - 2 nights during the week we had the place to ourselves), Marti insisted I invite my Aunt and cousin for breakfast on the last morning of our stay. They cooked extra at no thought of cost or inconvenience. They allowed their home to truly become my home. And to top it off, my husband left his toothbrush charger, Marti called my aunt in town to tell us of the oversight. Seriously, who does this anymore??? We will be returning just as soon as I hear of another family get together. It was also very touching to read my Mom's words in the guest register, as we recently lost her. Do not hesitate to book this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the ground floor. We toured the whole house and you cannot go wrong w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

They should call this superlative B&B "Home"! Marti and Steve are the friendliness innkeepers you will ever meet; DO NOT pass this one by! The whole house is spotless, and the rooms feature beds with the highest quality of linens and comfortable pillows. The baths sparkle, and parking is right outside your door. The breakfasts alone are worth the trip!! The setting is perfect for those going through this area of Southwestern PA or visiting Mount Aloysius College (located in Cresson) or St. Francis University University just 3 miles away. Railroad and train enthusiasts will get their fill about four blocks away but far enough not to interfere with your sleep. You could even have a small family reunion with relatives staying at the B&B. We have stayed there so far about a dozen times and always look forward to our next visit. This place is a "10"!! Bob, Vienna, VA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob B
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at the Cresson House Bed & Breakfast.
This fine B&B is located at Cresson Pa. near the summit of the Allegheny mountains between Altoona and Johnstown Pa. It is also convenient to Ebensburg, Horseshoe Curve, Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site, Gallitzin
railroad tunnels, Johnstown Flood National Memorial and Portage, Pa. It was a pleasant alternative to overpriced and generally crummy name brand hotels in that area. Located in a nicely remodeled century home, it was comfortable, quiet and clean.
The hosts were most friendly and helpful providing an excellent breakfast each morning. This is a winner B&B, high in the Pennsylvania mountains.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gallitzin room. It was on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My daughter and I were traveling to Loretto, PA for a college visit to St. Fracis University on March 9th. Cresson House was one place that was recommended on the University website. I had never stayed in a B&B, but wanted to be close to the University so I called and had the pleasure of speaking with Marti. She had me sold at Hello :) She called me the day before arrival to check in and when my daughter and I found ourselves to be in Loretto 3 hours before we planned, Marti was so accomodating that she allowed us to check in early. The house is absolutely beautiful, warm and welcoming. There was one other couple staying there that night and we met them the next morning at breakfast, which was incredible. I actually had to ask Steve if he was a trained chef :) We had great hosts, great company and overall a great experience for our first stay at a B&B. My daughter has accepted an athletic scholarship to play lacrosse at St. Francis University and we will be spending many nights at Cresson House for quite awhile and I don't think I would stay anywhere else. Many Thanks to Marti and Steve!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Marti and her husband Steve do a fine job at all making a stay warm and welcoming. I'd definitely come back. The bacon was especially delicious! We were just passing through on a business trip but the one-stay gave us a real "on vacation" feeling.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carl J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Quality Inn
#5 of 15 in Altoona
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Cresson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!