“Great place to get away/unwind and enjoy the Poconos”

Crescent Lodge & Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2010

After a hot summer in the Southeast, some friends suggested we join them for a long weekend getaway at their favorite lodge in the Poconos. We shared a cottage that had two 1 bedroom units each with a large jacuzzi. The Cottage was very clean, well maintained & charming. Staff was very friendly and had been working at the resort for many years. Breakfast is an expanded continental daily, with an expanded omelette menu on Sundays which is included in the rate. No lunch service, but the dinners in the restaurant were excellant and they had an excellent pianist. Very popular with locals and vacation home owners for dinner, which is always a good sign. The owners were very visable, Bob around the Lodge & Restaurant & Carol runs the antique furnishings & jewelry shop. The selection and prices in the shop were great and we got a great deal of holiday shopping done. We also played golf & did a little gaming at the Mt. Airy Casino just down the road. Alot of activities in the area with easy access.
The only regret that we had is that we were to early to see the fall colors, maybre next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We just got back from a 2-day stay at Crescent Lodge. There are positives and negatives here. We took a room in the main Lodge b/c our stay was short. The cottages have jaccuzi and fireplace(we didnt check them out)
Positive: Clean, breakfast is included and had a good variety ( we dont like to pig out early in the morning). Close to most restaurants and Shopping Outlet. Clean and staff is friendly and ready to answer your questions and recommend any activities you might be interested in. Clean pool.
Negatives:
Room smells, has an old TV and the AC in the window very loud, we could not sleep very well because of that. Even though the property is well-kept and very green, the pool area by the ping pong table could have been cleaner. They close their doors at 10pm and open at 7am, nobody at the front desk at night-I like the feeling that we are not alone, so to speak.
Overall, for one or 2 nights ok, would not stay there longer than that.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klorina
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I spent the July 4th Weekend at the Crescent Lodge and overall I enjoyed my stay. This place is much different than the type of places I usually stay at. The Crecent Lodge is very old school and has a lot of character that most newer place lack. If you're looking for brand new type of place, this isn't the place for you. This is an older property but it's very well maintained. There are a few things I would change to update it, like instead of having VCR's in the room, switch them out for DVD's. Not many people use VCR's anymore. Also I would include a few more choices in the free breakfast. It was good enough but small things like offering a low fat milk option would be nice for those of us who don't like whole milk.

I really enjoyed the old time bar at the Crescent Lodge. It was just a nice place to relax with a drink. The pool area is nice but it was a little too hot during my stay to take advantage of it.

I did enjoy my stay at the Crescent Lodge and I'm sure I will return again.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We had planned a trip to Ogunquit, but the day we were leaving, the weather was still going to be rainy for the 3 days we had. Decided instead to drive only 1-3/4 hours to the Poconos. We arrived and requested the Last Minute Special we had seen online, for $133, and we were able to get this. I think we were the only ones staying over these few days, but the weather was lousy so it didn't surprise us. Check-in was easy and actually a little early. We had the Chalet. Very nice with a fireplace. The ONLY complaint I had is that the headrest area of the wing-back chair near the window really needed a good cleaning. We had a drink in the bar and the bartender was great, originally from CT, and made an excellent Sloe Gin Fizz for me. One morning we went to the Jubilee in Pocono Pines for breakfast (excellent) and one morning we had breakfast at the Lodge. Very good expanded continental. We did really miss the chef who is an absolute pleasure to talk with, but it was midweek so no hot breakfast. He makes absolutely the best pancakes! Otherwise, the room was clean (except for the chair), good heating, nice fireplace. This was probably our 7th or 8th stay here. We had always went to Paradise Stream or Pocono Palace, for 15 years, but they have gone downhill. The Crescent Lodge is countryish, which is not me, but it's clean, the people are nice, you have a fireplace and/or jacuzzi, and it's close to everything. We wll obviously be back.We have recommended to friends, including a girlfriend who went for Thanksgiving, and they have enjoyed it also.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Birchwood 4 cottage on a recent weekend - Saturday thru Monday. It was very nice - had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. Also had a small living room area with chair and loveseat. Also, breakfast was included. We arrived on Saturday very early and we were able to check in and access our cottage immediately. The cottage was very clean with the fireplace all set up for the evening. We each received a $15 voucher for the casino. We did not eat at the lodge except for one breakfast - the breakfast was fine. Not a hot buffet or anything but a nice selection of cereals, pastries, bagels, fruit, etc. The people who work there were very helpful and courteous. We had a lovely time and would go back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I took my Boyfriend out to this beautiful lodge all the way from Queens, NY for his birthday and he said it was the best birthday he's ever had. Definitely need a GPS for all the driving we were doing but thank God tolls were so cheap lol. I want to thank Crescent Lodge and Country Inn for making our 2 day, 1 night stay so enjoyable...

This was my first trip away with my boyfriend so I was really nervous that something might not go right but the staff at Crescent Lodge werer patient and helpful through it all. I probably emailed them over 30x while preparing his bday weekend. They gave us Mount Airy Casino AND Alpine Mountain vouchers, a coupon for House of Candles, and brochures for Sunset Hill shooting range and the nearby shopping outlet. We came out here for a weekend in late February and had great fun. We got there 15min before check in on a Saturday and were immediately set up to go to our own personal lodge. We stayed at the Edgewood and we were so excited to see our own little haven. Noreen was very nice and she sent the housekeeper to send us a gift bag of snacks and bottles of water.

After checking we left immediately after putting our bags away to go check out Alpine Mountains and House of Candles. Both should be on anyones to do list. Afterwards we came back to the lodge to enjoy the jacuzzi and get some zzzzzzzzzzzz before dinner.
At dinner we were dressed business casual and enjoyed dinner over a dimly lit table and a pianist. Dinner was good except due to reviews I orderd the steak and my version of well-done is there version of medium well. But I was having such a great time that dinner didnt bother me. Who can eat when your so excited?!!! Later we left to go back to our lodge and enjoy the king size bed and see-through glass fireplace before falling asleep.

Sunday morning breakfast was GREAT!!! I had read that other days of the week breakfast could be sparse but true to the reviews sunday is the best day for breakfast. Atleast we enjoyed ourselves and ate till we were full. Afterwards we thanked the staff and took pictures outside to remember our first weekend away from the norm. The best way to start the day for us before heading back to NY was going to the Sunset Hill shooting range. WE had a BLAST!!! Even tho it was busy that day and we waited for about an hr it was enjoyable and exciting to watch other people shooting guns you only see on tv HA.

Crescent Lodge made my boyfriends birthday weekend that much pleasant and easier to plan. I want to thank Noreen and Benita for their kindness!! I hope i got their names right toooo but if not SORRY LADIES!!!

Only complaints i would have are they sure are expensive during the weekend and our bathtub was clogged and 2 of the lights above the jacuzzi didnt work BUT trust me we still had great fun and these things were minimal to all their positives.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2009

We spent 3-days/2-nights at the Crescent Lodge. We've stayed in the Poconos many, many times at different resorts, but we loved the Crescent Lodge. We were happy from the moment we entered the front Lobby. Benita at the front desk was lovely ... Kim our server for dinner both nights was wonderful and Bob, the owner was always making sure his guests were comfortable. It was absolutely charming and immaculate. Dinners were great, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLARK19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!