“Nice Little Retreat”

Crescent Lodge & Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
“Nice Little Retreat”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I spent the July 4th Weekend at the Crescent Lodge and overall I enjoyed my stay. This place is much different than the type of places I usually stay at. The Crecent Lodge is very old school and has a lot of character that most newer place lack. If you're looking for brand new type of place, this isn't the place for you. This is an older property but it's very well maintained. There are a few things I would change to update it, like instead of having VCR's in the room, switch them out for DVD's. Not many people use VCR's anymore. Also I would include a few more choices in the free breakfast. It was good enough but small things like offering a low fat milk option would be nice for those of us who don't like whole milk.

I really enjoyed the old time bar at the Crescent Lodge. It was just a nice place to relax with a drink. The pool area is nice but it was a little too hot during my stay to take advantage of it.

I did enjoy my stay at the Crescent Lodge and I'm sure I will return again.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Naugatuck, CT
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We had planned a trip to Ogunquit, but the day we were leaving, the weather was still going to be rainy for the 3 days we had. Decided instead to drive only 1-3/4 hours to the Poconos. We arrived and requested the Last Minute Special we had seen online, for $133, and we were able to get this. I think we were the only ones staying over these few days, but the weather was lousy so it didn't surprise us. Check-in was easy and actually a little early. We had the Chalet. Very nice with a fireplace. The ONLY complaint I had is that the headrest area of the wing-back chair near the window really needed a good cleaning. We had a drink in the bar and the bartender was great, originally from CT, and made an excellent Sloe Gin Fizz for me. One morning we went to the Jubilee in Pocono Pines for breakfast (excellent) and one morning we had breakfast at the Lodge. Very good expanded continental. We did really miss the chef who is an absolute pleasure to talk with, but it was midweek so no hot breakfast. He makes absolutely the best pancakes! Otherwise, the room was clean (except for the chair), good heating, nice fireplace. This was probably our 7th or 8th stay here. We had always went to Paradise Stream or Pocono Palace, for 15 years, but they have gone downhill. The Crescent Lodge is countryish, which is not me, but it's clean, the people are nice, you have a fireplace and/or jacuzzi, and it's close to everything. We wll obviously be back.We have recommended to friends, including a girlfriend who went for Thanksgiving, and they have enjoyed it also.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Allentown PA
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Birchwood 4 cottage on a recent weekend - Saturday thru Monday. It was very nice - had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. Also had a small living room area with chair and loveseat. Also, breakfast was included. We arrived on Saturday very early and we were able to check in and access our cottage immediately. The cottage was very clean with the fireplace all set up for the evening. We each received a $15 voucher for the casino. We did not eat at the lodge except for one breakfast - the breakfast was fine. Not a hot buffet or anything but a nice selection of cereals, pastries, bagels, fruit, etc. The people who work there were very helpful and courteous. We had a lovely time and would go back for sure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I took my Boyfriend out to this beautiful lodge all the way from Queens, NY for his birthday and he said it was the best birthday he's ever had. Definitely need a GPS for all the driving we were doing but thank God tolls were so cheap lol. I want to thank Crescent Lodge and Country Inn for making our 2 day, 1 night stay so enjoyable...

This was my first trip away with my boyfriend so I was really nervous that something might not go right but the staff at Crescent Lodge werer patient and helpful through it all. I probably emailed them over 30x while preparing his bday weekend. They gave us Mount Airy Casino AND Alpine Mountain vouchers, a coupon for House of Candles, and brochures for Sunset Hill shooting range and the nearby shopping outlet. We came out here for a weekend in late February and had great fun. We got there 15min before check in on a Saturday and were immediately set up to go to our own personal lodge. We stayed at the Edgewood and we were so excited to see our own little haven. Noreen was very nice and she sent the housekeeper to send us a gift bag of snacks and bottles of water.

After checking we left immediately after putting our bags away to go check out Alpine Mountains and House of Candles. Both should be on anyones to do list. Afterwards we came back to the lodge to enjoy the jacuzzi and get some zzzzzzzzzzzz before dinner.
At dinner we were dressed business casual and enjoyed dinner over a dimly lit table and a pianist. Dinner was good except due to reviews I orderd the steak and my version of well-done is there version of medium well. But I was having such a great time that dinner didnt bother me. Who can eat when your so excited?!!! Later we left to go back to our lodge and enjoy the king size bed and see-through glass fireplace before falling asleep.

Sunday morning breakfast was GREAT!!! I had read that other days of the week breakfast could be sparse but true to the reviews sunday is the best day for breakfast. Atleast we enjoyed ourselves and ate till we were full. Afterwards we thanked the staff and took pictures outside to remember our first weekend away from the norm. The best way to start the day for us before heading back to NY was going to the Sunset Hill shooting range. WE had a BLAST!!! Even tho it was busy that day and we waited for about an hr it was enjoyable and exciting to watch other people shooting guns you only see on tv HA.

Crescent Lodge made my boyfriends birthday weekend that much pleasant and easier to plan. I want to thank Noreen and Benita for their kindness!! I hope i got their names right toooo but if not SORRY LADIES!!!

Only complaints i would have are they sure are expensive during the weekend and our bathtub was clogged and 2 of the lights above the jacuzzi didnt work BUT trust me we still had great fun and these things were minimal to all their positives.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed December 17, 2009

We spent 3-days/2-nights at the Crescent Lodge. We've stayed in the Poconos many, many times at different resorts, but we loved the Crescent Lodge. We were happy from the moment we entered the front Lobby. Benita at the front desk was lovely ... Kim our server for dinner both nights was wonderful and Bob, the owner was always making sure his guests were comfortable. It was absolutely charming and immaculate. Dinners were great, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLARK19
Dover, DE
Reviewed September 8, 2009

While attending a Labor Day picnic nearby, we decided to make a weekend out of it and found Crescent Lodge on the internet. We did this last minute and wasn't able to check out the reviews so we didn't know what to expect. We were quite happy with our stay. We stayed in the Stonecrest Cottage which had a small kitchen, queen bed. large jacuzzi tub, and fireplace. Our porch was right off the pool which was fine. The flowers and grounds were immaculate and the room was spotless. Airport was only about 10 minutes away for weekend pilots....great getaway. We ate at the restaurant both nights we were there and it was good. Since we flew in, we needed a car to get around and that was a problem. Enterprise had no cars available. Our only other choice was Rent-a-Wreck. That was a horrible place and the car they gave us was filthy with mud caked all over it (they said they couldn't get it washed in time). Would definitely go back to Crescent Lodge for another long weekend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I & my husband stayed at the crescent lodge for the labor day weekend alongwith a friend and were disappointed that for $165/night the rooms were way below standards. The rooms are extremely small and are not kept well at all. The window curtains kept falling, the bed is supposed to be queen but is much smaller, there is barely enough standing room in the bathroom. Our bathroom door would not close at all and we mentioned this to the management the day we checked-in and a couple of times after that. Not to mention they did not do anything and it was extremely inconvenient. The only plus point was that room was clean. FYI, there is no wi-fi or internet for guests in the hotel.

The inn is in a peaceful secluded area. However, we were horrified to see that all the compound lights were off after midnight and there was no one at the reception area!!! It was so dark it was difficult to see the entrance coming late at night. We had to enter the hotel through emergency stairs(they had given the key) in the back. Imagine having an emergency and no one to respond!

The country breakfast every morning 9am - 11am is included in the price but is extremely overrated. We were there for Saturday, Sunday, Monday. The breakfast on Sat and Mon was horrendous. We we went there around 10am and found 2-3 english muffins and stone-hard bagels in a platter. There was one hot item(quiche,etc.) everyday. Other than that it was just some cut fruits and cereal boxes lying around. The spoons,forks,etc. seemed like they had not been washed. There was just 1 old guy with an apron roaming around in the dining area who looked like a staff member. The breakfast on sunday, however, was a feast with omelettes and servers coming to take your orders.

It is definitely not what they advertise. I would rather stay at a radisson or Mariott for the same price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank globetrekkerNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!