All reviewsthe cottagesget awayprivate cottagepretzel factorymount airy casinocontinental breakfastmain buildingon site restaurantpocono arearomantic weekendshuffle boardjacuzzi tubbed was comfortablenice breakfastsitting areashort drivecoffee maker
Reviewed February 20, 2009

Location, location, location.
My wife and I stayed for three days/ two nights this past week and
loved it. I took less than 10 minutes to get to Mt Airy Casino. Less than
10 minutes to Alpine Mt. Ski area. Less than 15 minutes to the Crossings
Premium Outlets.
We stayed mid week so the rates were very reasonable. Less expensive than
Mt Airy but with much more charm. The Sunset cottage was as advertised with two person jacuz and WORKING fireplace.
The staff was very nice and helpful. Our dinner in the restaurant was excellent.
Free continental breakfast was an added bonus.
This will now be our home base for all trips to the Poconos.
I was having trouble programming my Nav with an address for the lodge but
was elated to find it preprogrammed in the gps. Should have checked there first.
The intersection of 540 and 191 is exact. you can see the lodge from the corner.
We've recommended this jem to friends already and we're sure to go back soon.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gates724
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I needed to be in the Poconos for a few days on business, and my wife and I wanted to spend a little time together. We found the Crescent Lodge in our AAA book. After we read the reviews on Trip Advisor, a couple of them scared us a little, but overall they were quite good, so we called them. The woman assured us that "this has been family owned for over 60 years, and one of the best kept properties in the area", so we booked the Birchwood #4 cabin for 3 nights. We found it to be very nice and clean, but not fancy, which we liked. Part of the charm of the Poconos is the simplicity of the area. We enjoyed the Jucuzzi tub and fireplace. The atmosphere in the dining room where we enjoyed the continental breakfast gave us a relaxing start to the day. In January we could not enjoy the pool or the tennis courts, but I am sure that it is an even nicer place to stay in the summer season. The people were wonderful. We had to leave after two nights because a major storm was approaching, and they were gracious enough to just charge us for 2 nights, even though the cancellation policy is 14 days. If you are using a GPS to find it, the closest street name and number is 378 Cranberry Creek Rd. This will get you within 1/2 mile on PA Route 191.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank autotrip
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We booked our cottage through the Last-Minute Deals on their website. Our room was nice and clean, the management and staff were very friendly, and the front desk was very knowledgeable and helpful in giving us directions.

Overall, had a very pleasant time, and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babokd
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My boyfriend booked the most expensive room at the Crescent Lodge, the Mountain Jacuzzi. It is advertised as "secluded" which is completely false. We had a hard time finding it because when we drove to it, there's actually another cabin right next to it. Also, they should put up signs so that guests can find the place. Once we were there and we discovered we had neighbors, we were not happy. Later on we discovered that guests staying at the other cabins could actually use our trail and go up there for no apparent reason, which some did.

Prior to our arrival we had actually read up on some of the reviews on this site. One review stated that the fireplace did not work (very true), there was some candle wax in the toaster (the wax was still there) and some problems with the hot water in the jacuzzi (we did experience some at 1st.) They also mentioned that the breakfast was not plentyful (which was the case on the 1st day) but they actually served a much better breakfast on the 2nd day.

We didn't encounter any problems with the staff. They were very curteous.

Overall, the room was nice and cozy but too pricey for what they offer. I hate the old fashion decor and they should update the TV.
On the other hand, the restaurant is truly delightful and the meal almost gave me a food orgasm. It was delicious!

We had a nice romantic time because we love each other. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend that room at that price.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank inlovewithd
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stayed here two nights, Sat and Sun, in the Jaccuzi Villa (Birchwood 4). The space was very nice with a king bed in one corner, a jaccuzi in another, nice couch and chair in another, then the bathroom and entrance taking up the rest of the space. The shower is clean but old, there is a vcr but no dvd. I can understand someone feeling it could be updated but we were very satisfied. The grounds were very nice. We were able to enjoy the pool by ourselves on both days. The food in the restaurant was good but pricey. Breakfast on the weekend was good but on Monday morning it was minimal. The staff was great. Other guests were friendly and pretty much everyone said they were repeat customers. It feels like a special place and we look forward to returning. One piece of advice... we booked on the Inn's web site and did the last minute special which saved us a bundle. Otherwise this would have been out of our range.

Stayed: June 2008