“Loved our stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Loved our stay”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I were just there for our 34th anniversary and loved it. We wanted to stay an extra night but our cottage room was booked so they upgraded us to a different cottage which we actually liked better for the same rate as the one we were in. They had the new one cleaned and ready for us in less then an hour

Everyone was very friendly. The first day we were there we ran out of hot water. I called the desk and in less then 5 minutes it was fixed.

The food at the restaurant was delicious too. I had the French onion soup. Loved it. My husband loved the London broil.

Yes phone service for Sprint is pitiful but then again you aren't in a major city. It's meant to be romantic.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a jacuzzi. Highly recommend it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are happy you had such a great Anniversary, and we hope to see you here for your 35th Anniversary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Reviewed April 18, 2014

You won't be able to get signal if your phone career is sprint etc...there's no wifi in the cottages only in the lobby area ...the rooms are very small and very outdated.I was very disappointed never again.

Room Tip: The cottages are bigger but no wifi ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allan l
Thank you for sharing your candid comments with us. Unfortunately we have no control over the signal your cell phone carrier provides. We are so sorry you were not happy with the internet that was provided.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Crescent Lodge & Country Inn was light-years better than the awful (my experiences) hotel options in the Mount Pocono/Tannersville area. The entire place (lobby, restaurant, public areas, hotel room, bathrooms, gift shop and yes...the kitchen....I snooped) are immaculate. Although some areas may be dated, they are perfectly maintained. My impression of our hotel room (vs. the cottage option) reminded me of "visiting grandmom's house". Cozy and warm and decorated like a home not a commercial hotel. Heck.....they even had "Readers Digest" on the table!

Our room 12 on the 2nd floor was a great second floor perch. The nearby "Exit" sign was not lighted and not in compliance with fire code standards. The door to the room does not have an automatic closer. The mattress was new but hard as a rock. The pad for the bed covered the mattress surface and was very very thin. I love the room, but slept like absolute crap!

The breakfast was called "Continental" but WOW......Quiche, Bacon, all sorts of breads, fruit? Outstanding and a tranquil dining room. The dinner menu looked incredible, creative and very reasonably priced. Wish we weren't committed for dinner or I would have loved to dine there. The staff is fabulous and very genuine.

Honestly, I can't wait to return, but I will bring a pillow top cushion for the bed (I'm very serious). The desk clerk said the mattresses were the same in the cottages too (:-( Crescent Lodge is sooooooo much better than the horrible accommodations in the area. Next time, we may try the cottages for a couples getaway with friends. I HATE shopping but they do have a very nice gift shop to shed my hard earned money.

Room Tip: 12 on the 2nd floor for the hotel area.....not sure about the cottages
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTripper516
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The entire staff was very excited to hear your kind words about them. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us as well. I have brought these comments to the attention of the owner. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon entering our room, we immediately found the toilet had a problem and overflowed. Reported it to front desk and a young man from the kitchen was sent with a plunger and rags. He worked on it for afew minutes and told us he couldn't fix it. Called front desk to ask "what now"? We were told they would send someone else in 20 - 30 minutes, they did not have another room to move us to. We were told the Inn was on septic system, "sometimes you have to hold the handle down when you flush". 30 minutes later someone did show up with plunger in hand and more rags. After 15 minutes working on it, we were told "it's ok now". We have now spent the first 90 minutes in our room with service people or waiting for service people instead of enjoying the jacuzzi and relaxing. Upon using the toilet while getting ready for dinner...it did work but flushed and went down veryyy slow. Please bear in mind the bathroom floor was not cleaned properly after the toilet overflowed, it was only wiped up with dirty rags the service person brought. We foundseveral of these rags left on our walkway directly outside of our room when we left for dinner. The sidewalk was completely iced over from thawing that took place during the day. Upon entering the Inn for dinner we reported the icy situationto the front desk and asked for some rock salt to be put down, same desk clerk that we reported all the plumbing poblems to. She did not ask if all was ok in our room after the earlier bathroom issues, just said she would see to the ice being taken care of. Our dinner in the dinning room was excellant, I'm a chef and own 2 restaurants, so I can appreciate the level of work they provided. After dinner, we returned to our room, the rags were still all over the sidewalk and no rock salt was laid down. Kind of difficult and dangerous in dress shoes. The next morning, more plumbing problems, overflowing again. Reported this to the same desk clerk upon check-out, her response was..."sorry bout that, thought they fixed the toilet and I told them to put rock salt down". My response was...it's your job to follow up on problems and make sure your guests issues are taken care of, do not assume. I asked, Shouldn' t our bathroom have been cleaned by housekeeping after overflowing toilets? Her response..."as I said, sorry bout that, i guess it could have been cleaned properly". I'm not the type of person to cause a scene, I simply paid my balance and checked out. The next day I received an email from that desk clerk asking if I enjoyed my stay and if I would please post a review on Tripadvisor. I emailed her back asking if she would be willing to discuss the issues that took place durin my stay prior to my posting my review. She answered me back a day later by saying..."I thought the problems were fixed, maybe I should have followed up but I said I was sorry. I'm not sure what else you want me to say? I took the time to email her again before posting this review. I asked if I was wrong in expecting the bathroom to be cleaned properly, am I wrong in thinking she should follow up with her peronnel to be sure they addressed and remedied the reported problems, is "sorry bout that" all she felt was needed when being informed of the lack luster performance in fixing a guests problems? She did not even respond to my second email. The Inn was beautiful, the restaurant was excellant. However, how their front desk manager handled these problems was simply- Wrong. I will not stay again at Crescent Lodge, I will return to Stroudmoor Inn, they know what guest service really means!

Room Tip: Check the functions of the bathroom upon entering your room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David J
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review. We are so sorry for the problems that you encountered. We do hope that will give us another chance in the furture.
New York, NY
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Crescent Lodge and Country Inn is such a charming place. We stopped in with another couple that have a home in the Pocono Mountains and had seen the Inn online. The Lodge was lovely, and we had a relaxing dinner in the beautiful Inn. We sat in a cozy corner, listening to soothing piano music. It was so nice to be able to have a quiet conversation, as the acoustics were great in the room.

We shared an appetizer of Bacon wrapped BBQ duck breast served over a bed of sautéed mustard cabbage which was superb. The combination of flavors in this dish was something you must try!
The calamari appetizer was very good. The Veal Gruyere was delicious, and it was a large sized portion. Three of us ordered the Special of the day, which was the Prime Rib. The only suggestion would be that if you like your meat a little less red, then order Medium Well. My husband ordered rare which was absolutely his favorite done perfectly. My friend and I ordered the Prime Rib Medium and it was a little too red for our taste, but still delicious.

Of course, if you like broccoli please order the steamed broccoli off the menu and you won’t be disappointed as it was perfectly crisp.

I would love to stay at the Lodge next time as it looks so cozy and inviting!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so happy that you had such a great time with us. Next time you are back in the area, we hope that you will come back and see us again.
Lockwood, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is amazing!!!!! The staff is so friendly and really go out of their way to help in any way they can. The cottages are beautiful and very romantic. Food was delicious. All in all THIS is the place to go for a nice romantic weekend!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time share your review with us. We are so proud and honored that you chose us to be part of your wedding renewal. I have passed along your comments to the staff and they were so excited to hear your great comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The room cleanliness was superb! Outdoor view was amazing. Restaurant was top notch as was the service. Bacon wrapped Duck appetizer was awesome! Free breakfast was a decent buffet too, Satff was great. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We would have liked to try a cottage but they were all booked up so we stayed in the mainhouse. Stil...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. The entire staff was so excited to hear your compliments. We are so thrilled that you had such a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!