All reviewsthe cottagesget awayprivate cottagepretzel factorymount airy casinocontinental breakfastmain buildingon site restaurantpocono arearomantic weekendshuffle boardjacuzzi tubbed was comfortablenice breakfastsitting areashort drivecoffee maker
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were able to get away for only one night June 25 for our anniversary but it was well worth the effort to stay at the Crescent Lodge. We normally stay at the Cranberry Manor or other nice B&B's in the area but this time I discovered the Crescent Lodge in Cresco just down the road from Rt 611. The inn is very nice, with nice grounds and separate cabins behind the main lodge and it is situated in a nice, quiet spot just minutes from all attractions. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Ruth and we immediately knew we found a new place we would be coming to.

We stayed in room 212 in the main lodge. The room was comfortable and very, very clean. The bathroom was spotless and the towels extremely soft. This room was very adequate for our night there and would be fine for a longer stay as well. The cabins are probably more roomy and have more amenities, but we were perfectly happy with this room. There was no noise from the restaurant or the lobby.

We had made reservations for dinner when I booked the room with Ruth, and she had a wonderful table reserved for us. When we returned to the lodge for dinner we had a cocktail in the nice cozy lounge and met Frank who is a great bartender (and Courtney, Frank's partner in crime!).

The restaurant is unbelievable, very nice ambience and the cuisine is better than I can describe here. My wife had the Kobi beef pasta dish and she was extremely happy with that. I had the special, prime rib, and that was excellent as well. The restaurant was full and there was a birthday party of 10 - 12 people. But the service was impeccible, and we had a great table by a window and near the pianist which made for a very enjoyable evening. The pianist, Keith Herrmann, was very good, and he's appeared on the Today, Tonight, and other shows including the Golden Globes and is a well-known musician. Just a perfect setting and wonderful dishes - a night to remember. We will dine here whenever we are in the Poconos, even if we're not staying at the Crescent. Other folks were celebrating their anniversaries as well, it is obvious this is the spot for that special evening and celebratory dinners.

I must thank Ruth for her great welcome and hospitality and for the nice anniversary card left in our room.
The Crescent Lodge is a wonderful country inn in a perfect setting. An excellent restaurant and a great staff made our stay one we will tell others about for some time, and we will return next year. Do visit the little gift shop in the lobby and pick out a piece of jewelry as a remembrance.

Room Tip: last minute specials are available
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Upon arriving, we were disappointed that the Lodge is located directly aside of a busy local road - there is constant car traffic noise.
We were shocked to find out that there was no place to sit outside – not even a bench or a lounge chair was in sight, so, we could not get a breath of mountain air which is the reason why we came in a first place. The tennis court (there is one) was not maintained and had no net. The swimming pool had no water.
In spite of the fact that our room directly faced some ventilation pipes from the restaurant which were going on and off and producing a lot of noise, we really enjoyed a nice Monet-like painting in our room. The room was very clean, but 1960’s air conditioner was hanging from the wall.
The Lodge attendant seemed to be very annoyed when we asked for directions and/or local activities.
The free breakfast was mass produced, tasteless and barely enough to go around.
We were very disappointed and definitely will not come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank unhappytravel06
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Crescent. Our room was a little outdated in decor, but after a while it really didn't matter at all. It was immaculately clean (thanks to a wonderful girl named Susan!). It was warm and cozy and very comfortable. Each day after traveling around, my
husband and I would look forward to the jacuzzi and a lovely fire....which,
thanks to Susan, was always set up and ready for us to just light it. The staff was friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. We stayed in the Sunset room and we were the last room facing the back woods where there is a really nice nature trail. It was soooooo peaceful and quiet there and we definitely came home completely "de-stressed". Granted, the prices are a bit high, but we got a special because of the time of year we traveled. I would definitely return there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j0sie2024
Reviewed February 21, 2011

There was a reson this was one of the last places available i=on a holiday weekend in the Pocono's. Had to travel for business so brought my husband along for the long ride. If you stay in the main lodge you can't access the lobby before 7:00 am. It is alarmed. My hisband gets up at 5:00 am and had to sit in the hallway on his laptop to avoid waking me. No sympathy from front desk. When we decided to leave early since this was not a desirable situation they informed me they were going to charge my credit card for the three nights regardless. After i made a huge scene they "agreed" to only charge me for my stay. Otherwise the bed was hard, the television ancient, the linens cheap and the room tacky. The included breakfast was pretty bad as well. Don't know that I need to say more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank slaughterbeach
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed in their top end cabin -- The Mountain View. While the place was clean, the kitchen was very poorly equiped, the stove and oven where in terrible shape...burned everything and there were no pans to bake in. They provided 2 forks, knives and spoons so we were always doing dishes. When we complained to the front desk we were told "they would see if they could do something about it" But never gave us a discount or break on the price. Also when we went for breakfast all of the hot food was gone --- we were told to wait and they would make more --- we left and ate somewhere else. With the econmy the way it is and paying top dollar --- we expected more and didn't get it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple