All reviewsthe cottagesget awayprivate cottagepretzel factorymount airy casinocontinental breakfastmain buildingon site restaurantpocono arearomantic weekendshuffle boardjacuzzi tubbed was comfortablenice breakfastsitting areashort drivecoffee maker
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Upon arriving, we were disappointed that the Lodge is located directly aside of a busy local road - there is constant car traffic noise.
We were shocked to find out that there was no place to sit outside – not even a bench or a lounge chair was in sight, so, we could not get a breath of mountain air which is the reason why we came in a first place. The tennis court (there is one) was not maintained and had no net. The swimming pool had no water.
In spite of the fact that our room directly faced some ventilation pipes from the restaurant which were going on and off and producing a lot of noise, we really enjoyed a nice Monet-like painting in our room. The room was very clean, but 1960’s air conditioner was hanging from the wall.
The Lodge attendant seemed to be very annoyed when we asked for directions and/or local activities.
The free breakfast was mass produced, tasteless and barely enough to go around.
We were very disappointed and definitely will not come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank unhappytravel06
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Crescent. Our room was a little outdated in decor, but after a while it really didn't matter at all. It was immaculately clean (thanks to a wonderful girl named Susan!). It was warm and cozy and very comfortable. Each day after traveling around, my
husband and I would look forward to the jacuzzi and a lovely fire....which,
thanks to Susan, was always set up and ready for us to just light it. The staff was friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. We stayed in the Sunset room and we were the last room facing the back woods where there is a really nice nature trail. It was soooooo peaceful and quiet there and we definitely came home completely "de-stressed". Granted, the prices are a bit high, but we got a special because of the time of year we traveled. I would definitely return there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j0sie2024
Reviewed February 21, 2011

There was a reson this was one of the last places available i=on a holiday weekend in the Pocono's. Had to travel for business so brought my husband along for the long ride. If you stay in the main lodge you can't access the lobby before 7:00 am. It is alarmed. My hisband gets up at 5:00 am and had to sit in the hallway on his laptop to avoid waking me. No sympathy from front desk. When we decided to leave early since this was not a desirable situation they informed me they were going to charge my credit card for the three nights regardless. After i made a huge scene they "agreed" to only charge me for my stay. Otherwise the bed was hard, the television ancient, the linens cheap and the room tacky. The included breakfast was pretty bad as well. Don't know that I need to say more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank slaughterbeach
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed in their top end cabin -- The Mountain View. While the place was clean, the kitchen was very poorly equiped, the stove and oven where in terrible shape...burned everything and there were no pans to bake in. They provided 2 forks, knives and spoons so we were always doing dishes. When we complained to the front desk we were told "they would see if they could do something about it" But never gave us a discount or break on the price. Also when we went for breakfast all of the hot food was gone --- we were told to wait and they would make more --- we left and ate somewhere else. With the econmy the way it is and paying top dollar --- we expected more and didn't get it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cori75
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight in one of the cabins as our first getaway together. It was extremely romantic and beautiful. The fire crackling in the fireplace and the hot tub room with its nice, comfy chairs were lovely. The only time we left our cabin was to take a walk through the picturesque snowfall to the restaurant in the lodge. My only slight issues with the place was, as someone else said, the decor in the cabins was quite '80s-ish, which was not a big deal, but for the price, I would expect better. The robes were a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple