Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Family fun

I rarely write online reviews but we had such a fabulous time I felt I had to! We visited on 2/24... read more

Reviewed February 24, 2021
Jill B
my first time and loved it

absolutely stunning trail and scenery, loved that trail took place in so much nature! we went... read more

Reviewed December 19, 2020
Navigate612882

All reviews staff was friendly make reservations loved every minute horses ride trail girls anniversary horseback scenery basics snow
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

We're had never ridden horses before. This wad a great first experience. I was very nervous, but after 5 minutes I was enjoying the ride on pedro... what a great horse. Very easy check in. All the girl staff were very nice, the whole visit went smoothly. A memory I will always cherish with my husband.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019

My husband and i went to book a ride and the young woman was totally unprofessional. Im a big woman amd she really had to ask how much i weight? Please use commen sense big woman big horse. Like i was goig to ride a pony please. My hubby and i wemt there on our honeymoon 12 yewrs ago and had absolutely no issue and i was big then what is the issue now? If your a bigger person you might want to not go here. Totally not expected to be looked down.

Date of experience: June 2019
MtCreekStaff, Manager at Mountain Creek Riding Stable, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Our staff members are required to inquire about someone’s weight to make sure they a) do not exceed our weight limit and b) can find a horse that not only can accommodate someone’s weight but who’s stirrups are the right length for their height.

However, our guides are supposed to maintain a certain level of tact when they feel they must ask. We are disappointed this standard was not upheld and our guide went about it in an insensitive manner. We will ensure that maintaining professional decorum is reinforced and we sincerely apologize for any duress our guide may have caused.

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The horses were well trained and excellent for beginners and riders with some experience. The staff are helpful and considerate. They really helped the riders get on their horses in a comfortable way. The trail went through a stream and through a couple of miles of woods. A wonderful way to spend time with your teenage kids.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank shawnd475
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I booked their last ride for the day at 3pm. This was the day after a snow/ice storm and temps were dropping fast so we were the only ones on the tour. So essentially it was a private tour through the trails with a blanket of snow and ice covered trees. It was amazingly picturesque as we rode the horses for about 40 mins. Some highlights were the inital crossing over a small stream and then seeing a fox hopping through the snow. Our tour guide was okay as she took her time and was always warning us of the upcoming hills or low hanging branches. It was hard to hear her being in the back but considering the weather, it was all good. Without a doubt, 100% recommended

Date of experience: January 2019
MatthewJ2419, The Staff at Mountain Creek Riding Stable, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Thank you so much for coming out even though it was definitely a bit chilly! Sometimes it pays to be adventurous. ;-) Hope you got some great photos!

- The Mountain Creek Staff

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Took the family today on a ride at Mountain Creek we had a great time, the trail guides we're all very awesome! If you're looking for something to do in the Poconos don't pass this up if you like the outdoors! The entire family had a great time thank you again.

Date of experience: January 2019