“Here on an Romantic Weekend Getaway”
Review of Basso's

Basso's
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Cresco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Lovely little place. We arrived 20 minutes before they opened but they went ahead and seated us. A wee bit slow but we expected it after seeing other reviews and had plenty of time. Plus we had arrived a bit early. The ham and bean soup was not amazing. The salad was really good. The bread and pesto in olive oil and bruschetta were great. We had lasagna and pizza were amazing and massive portions. Very glad we stopped here. Waitress was lovely as well.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

We thought our meals were excellent at Basso's. I ordered the duck l'orange and it was fantastic...the meat was like butter and the sauce was a perfect complement. My husband had tortelloni and really enjoyed his meal as well. For an appetizer we ordered the salad sampler, which was good but expensive. I would give this restaurant 5 stars were it not for the very slow wait to get our appetizer. We didn't really mind because we weren't in a rush, but it did take quite some time.

Reviewed January 28, 2016

We stayed at SkyTop lodge but came up a day early so had to find a place to eat out on a Thursday. We were very happy to find this place. The food and service was great. We would go back again if we were in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2016 via mobile

We had really high hopes for this restaurant. The menu appeared very extensive, it's got great curb appeal and it had some really great reviews. Unfortunately this restaurant didn't pan out.

At an hour and ten minutes the only food to appear at the table was bread. When we inquired about our salads we were told the kitchen was running behind because the restaurant was full. We had to speak to two different servers before getting salads 12 minutes later.

When we inquired about how long our mains would take, the hostess told us "it's going to be a while." We asked for a check so we could just leave. Amazing enough, we had to chase down a waitress to pay the bill.

On the way out the hostess argued with my wife and claimed that we should have noticed how busy it was and expected to wait a long time to get served! One would think as opposed to arguing the right thing to do would have been apologizing and not charging for the two salads and two glasses of wine, but once you're on the fail train I guess it's hard to jump off.

In summary, only go here if you're into long waits and an obnoxious hostess.

3  Thank Erik H
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

Despite something going on with the kitchen, we really enjoyed our family dinner to Basso. Kim was our server and she was a delight to talk to. My daughter knocked her water glass all over me, and she was super quick to help me clean up. We loved the two dips for the bread, which was great even by itself. They have a pretty extensive menu, and we are pretty picky foodies, and I will say we were not disappointed. We got the pizza rustica for an appetizer, which we all loved, as well as the calamari. Daughter enjoyed her lasagna, husband got a veal dish which was delicious, and I got linguini with clams. I got the white sauce but really should have gotten the red. Sadly we had to leave some food behind bc we had nowhere to store it at our hotel. The appetizers and drinks came out fast, but we waited a Loooong time for our dinner. Just go into the meal expecting it will be at a leisurely pace, and you won't be disappointed!!! I would go there again.