“Sand Spring on Easter-Eve”
Review of Sand Spring Restaurant - CLOSED

Sand Spring Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: PA Route 390/191
Description: Sand Spring will be closed for the winter of 2014. Check back in the spring and see what we have in store! Since opening in the fall of 2010, Sand Spring Modern Cuisine has been making its mark as one of the more unique dining experiences in the Pocono Mountain region. Sand Spring specializes in innovative cuisine with fresh, flavorful ingredients from local purveyors in a fun, casually elegant setting. Our exceptional food is complimented with superior, attentive service and one of the area's largest wine cellars. In addition to our fine dining menu we offer a unique bar menu highlighting smaller plates setting us apart from traditional restaurants. After a day of shopping or golfing or you just aren't hungry enough for a larger meal, we've got something for you.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We visited the Sand Spring for dinner and enjoyed the meal thoroughly. The restaurant had a nice selection of "upgraded wines" by the glass, which was a wonderful surprise, as finishing a whole bottle was not the works given the windy road we would be taking back to our hotel. We sampled the wedge salad, the foie gras, the papardelle app and eggplant parm. All were excellent, and the homemade pasta was a real treat. Desserts were also tasty. One comment on pricing - the $26 price tag on the eggplant parma seemed a bit excessive while other prices were more in line with the tourist area. Our waiter was very pleasant and accommodating. It was rather odd that the owner visited every other table but ours to exchange pleasantries and ask about the food...he clearly knew the other guests from previous encounters. You would think he might want to welcome some first timers to his restaurant, but alas he did not.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The first time we went was wonderful if over priced. We were still happy because we finally had a decent meal in the Poconos. Alas, the 2nd time was not good and when it is expensive you really resent it. What makes it worse is when the over talkative manager inquires as to why you do not ant to take home the food and you tell him they do not try to rectify it and charge you full price. I tried the restaurant again with a friend and it was great but on a return with my husband again the food was terrible. I have a real pet peeve with all these new pretentious restaurants in our area that are charging out of sight prices with mediocre cafe food.

2  Thank Patricia M
Marknb, Owner at Sand Spring Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I am sorry you have not experienced consistency at our restaurant. Consistency in the quality of product is the most important factor in any business, the restaurant business in particular.

In order for us to improve I would love to know what items you had at our restaurant that were not up to snuff, please email me personally at mark@sandspringdining.com. We don't want to see anyone leave our restaurant unhappy and that clearly is what happened here. I'd very much appreciate it if you would reach out to me and I'll do my best to make things right.

Mark Reinhardt
Chef/Owner

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stumbled on the Sand Spring during a recent trip to the Poconos and we loved our meal. He got the steak and I got the salmon - both were fantastic. The service was great, too. It was a nice place to celebrate our anniversary - what a gem!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had driven past Sandspring a few times waiting to see the construction finished... finally when I got a chance to dine there, I was pleasantly surprised with the changes and new decor. The atomosphere, service, food and laughter from other patrons having a great time make this place a new frequent stop for me.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The service and attention to detail along with the quality of the food made this an outstanding experience. A bit of a surprise for the area.