“Loved Every Moment”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: PA Route 390/191
Description: Sand Spring will be closed for the winter of 2014. Check back in the spring and see what we have in store! Since opening in the fall of 2010, Sand Spring Modern Cuisine has been making its mark as one of the more unique dining experiences in the Pocono Mountain region. Sand Spring specializes in innovative cuisine with fresh, flavorful ingredients from local purveyors in a fun, casually elegant setting. Our exceptional food is complimented with superior, attentive service and one of the area's largest wine cellars. In addition to our fine dining menu we offer a unique bar menu highlighting smaller plates setting us apart from traditional restaurants. After a day of shopping or golfing or you just aren't hungry enough for a larger meal, we've got something for you.
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Our Family owns many businesses in the area including clubs and restaurants, so to have a night off is a rare moment with my wife. Not knowing what to expect, from the time we entered, to the time we left, i felt like we were treated like a King and Queen. Darren the manager knows what he is doing from the incredible service to being one of the best wine people around. His passion and experience in this business is hard to find. The food, one word amazing, best caesar salad ever, dessert to die for. and the wine selection over 50 bottles is unheard of . the price was right in line for a nice night out. Have I told friends, you bet ya, because true diamonds are hard to find and Sand Spring is a true gem in the Poconos!

There are newer reviews for Sand Spring Restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Since discovering this restaurant we have made several trips. The food is excellent, with fresh ingredients and the combinations on the plate are great with sides that complement the dishes well and make a change from the usual starch and veg. The service is fantastic. The first time I called about making a reservation, the conversation on the phone really made me want to try the restaurant and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is great, with a warm feeling to the dining room, and also seating available at the large bar. The staff really make sure that your evening is an experience to be savored. There is a tea menu available in addition to the usual coffees, which was fun for me (I'm a tea drinker and not a fan of coffee), and also a great wine menu, including a great choice of wines by the glass. The tuna 3 ways was one of the best things I have ever had. Fois gras, lamb and duck have all been great choices too.
I love the artwork on the wall. If you make a trip (and I recommend that you do) say hello to Henry the Rooster for me!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This is our new favorite. The food is incredible! The Poconos needs more restaurants like this- the chefs creations are amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. My husband had the best steak he's had in years. I loved the home made candied walnut ice cream for dessert! We'll definitely go again & take friends.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

Sand Spring Restaurant used to be The Homestead, but the new restaurant couldn't be more different. The inside has been "lightened up" by fresh paint, opening up the wall between the two dining rooms and light cushioned chairs. We started with drinks around the bar with a very pleasant bartender. We moved on to dinner where our waiter was knowledgeable and very pleasant, as well. The menu is contemporary and we were all delighted with our meals from appetizers to dessert. As a tea drinker, I especially enjoyed the delicious tea and the great selection of teas. The coffee drinkers were also very pleased with their French press coffee.
There are few restauants like this in this area and we were delighted with our experience. It is a welcome addition to the Poconos.

1  Thank valsma