“Good food if you can get it, poor service”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good food if you can get it, poor service”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food was OK on our recent visit to Red Robin -- that is, if you got to eat while it was still warm. The server messed up my order and it took a good while to get it right. My wife was almost done eating, while I was still waiting for my order to be corrected. My teen and her friend were almost done as well, but they were at another table.

My order was supposed to come with fries and the server did not bring any. We had to tell her twice before we finally got them and my sandwich was pretty much cold. I should have demanded a new sandwich.

I think it was because the place is so big and busy and there were not enough servers. Our server seemed to be inexperienced or maybe was just getting flustered. My wife seemed to think the server had six tables to wait on. Needless to say, since our order was not corrected in a timely fashion, our drinks were not refilled much either.

We were not real happy with the visit. To top it off, the server shorted us by 2 bucks on our change, so we gave her 2 bucks less for her tip. Maybe that will get her to learn how to count. Actually I should have demand money off our bill.

We have been in this location half a dozen times before since we live nearby and previously had good experiences.

Paw Paw, West Virginia
“Great Food, but Issues”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First of all, the hamburger was great. Done as I asked, juicy and full of flavor. One of those hamburgers that you need a stack of napkins as it is so messy. The catch is, unless you ask, they don't supply napkins or any utensils to eat with. Granted you eat a hamburger with your hands, but the rest of the meal one normally uses silverware. So there I sat for five minutes, with dripping hands, waiting for a wait staff person to come by so I could ask for napkins.

pittsburgh pa
“good burgers high prices”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Ive eaten here many time with family who loves this place.But I feel its overpriced.

Visited July 2012
“Other than the staff...”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had the grilled chicken salad, which was sad, at best. The chicken was not good, cooked too much, poorly seasoned. The salad dressing was unpleasant, the iced tea weak, the garlic focaccia bread was just pathetic. Other than the staff, which was just fine and friendly, I would have little good to report.

Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Loud and Lousy”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

To start, the restaurant does not take reservations. I went with some of my friends on a Saturday night around 6:30 and expected a wait. We had to wait almost an hour! We almost left but they finally called us. Our waitress was not that great. She was not speedy or prompt. The food was mediocre. The fries were awful. Not many positives of this trip at all.

• Visited February 2012