“Disaster in Sauce-land”

Cuisines: Chinese
Michigan
“Disaster in Sauce-land”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Our batting average for decent Chinese food while on the road is under 500 so we should have known. In this case, TripAdvisor let us down. Don't believe the high scores. Yes, the owners are nice and I now know that I am the sign of the rat, but that's the best I can say. Orange beef was more like a stew, with large planks of beef-like meat swimming in a vat of oily brown goo with nothing else. Hot and sour soup was literally (in the true sense of this over-used word) the same sauce as the orange beef, dark oily goo, with mushroom stems and ebony (honest!) pieces of tofu (I think...) bobbing in it. Completely inedible. One slight ray of sunshine. The special lamb was OK, lots of veggies not overcooked but still in that same dark oily goo, just not as much.

Travelers, BEWARE!

1 Thank Adklinda

Cranberry Town
“Dine in quality at a take out!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent Quality and taste! I really love their Kung Pao chicken. I have them add broccoli to it and it is fit for a king! The folks who run this take out reaturant are great people. It isaonce a week stop and has been for years.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Curt W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese in the area!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Always fresh, large shrimp & veggies. Generous portions. Best General Tso's- I haven't found any better in the Pittsburgh area! Also make a gluten free sauce. Mom& pop shop. Love this place!!

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst Chinese Ever”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here based on reviews and online menu, which BTW, prices are a lot higher than posted. Ordered chicken chop suey and it came swimming in a thick brown sauce?! Who makes this dish with brown sauce? If you ran out of white sauce tell the customer and I would have ordered something else. Also egg roll was very greasy and only contained shredded cabbage, no other vegetables. If this is what people are calling great, I pity them. Had to throw entire dinner away. I'm sure the owners are great pleasant people but don't rip me off by serving something that is not edible.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank islandgirl32
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is tremendous. Food always delicious and service is always with a smile. We only get out Chinese from here!

• Visited May 2013