“Friendly staff, good food, we happily come back”
Review of On The Border Mexican Grill - CLOSED

On The Border Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2009

On The Border Mexican Grill is admittedly a chain restaurant but we were pleased with our meal. We were greeted warmly by the assistant manager upon entering and seated promptly. The interior is interesting and spotlessly clean. Our flauta appetisers were four HUGE flautas, very tasty with a crisp shell. With my build your own combo the soup was good as was the taco; the black beans were rather bland, I didn't finish them; my cheese stuffed chili renello was excellent. With their build-your-combo you could easily eat a solid meal for less than $10 w/ a beverage. I would be grossly remiss if I didn't specifically compliment our server Amy who was not only strikingly beautiful but very efficient and customer focused; I don't think she let my Diet Coke drop below half at any time during the night and checked back often to see if we needed anythijng. Well done all the way around; I will certainly come back.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

We placed an order to go and they got my husband's order correct (no pico de gallo, most Mexican places ignore, or forget, that request) and I went home with the food. Once I got home, I realized that on my salad there were no avocadoes in it (the whole reason I ordered that particular salad!), so I called and told the manager what happened. He was extremely apologetic and sent out 2 $10 "Be Our Guest" cards for our trouble. The food was good, the salsa and beans were a little spicy for my kids, but otherwise they scarfed down their food, as did my picky husband. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed May 8, 2008

Tried this place twice. The first time because it was new to the area & the second time because we got a gift card from someone. It was horrible both times. Everything had no flavor except for the chips&salsa. Food came out cold too. The only positive is that the atmosphere is very cute. Better options would be Moe's a couple doors down which is mexican fast food, MadMex about 2 miles away and the Patron in Wexford about 5 miles away. Would only go back for drinks at the bar or outdoors.

1  Thank Craztay