“Great clean getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Evans City, Pennsylvania
“Great clean getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

A newer hotel in the area, very clean and great rooms and people, friendly check in all the best features from a Marriott brand!!! Nice pool, great treat area, spacious rooms. Quiet lots in the area to have fun!!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Zac M, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Ntae,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. You are correct we are a newer addition to the Courtyard brand as we opened in late 2012. We are actually up for the "Opening of the Year" award, which would be a great achievement for us as Courtyard is the fastest growing hotel chain in America. Keep your fingers crossed - we will find out in late March!!!!

We look forward to your next stay with us,

Zac Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recently spent one night. I stayed on points, but weekend rates here are a good deal sometimes. Its in a corporate/business park that was quiet on a Saturday. Lots of wooded areas around. Even saw a few deer. It would be a nice walking area in warmer weather. However, on a cold January day, I utilized the inside amenities of the hotel.
I checked in about 1pm, and was assigned a 2nd floor room. My preference is top floor. But with a few clicks of the computer, the friendly desk clerk had me on the 5th floor. My king room was small-ish, but since I was staying solo, It was fine. The hotel is only about a year old, so everything was in great shape. The bed was wonderful, and faced the window overlooking the woods. There was a nice flat screen TV(just an FYI-they do not get the channel for Pens games) with about 50 channels-most in HD. There was a nice sized desk, a sofabed and table, a mini refrig, and single cup coffee maker. You only get one pack of regular, so you may have to ask for more. The bathroom was huge, but the shower was a little odd. First, no tub, just a large walk-in shower. The shower was glass paneled with a huge opening, but there was no door or curtain to close. It did not flood the floor though. If you turn, you get a full size reflection of yourself thanks to the mirror. Kinda different. Shower pressure was a little weak. But all in all, a great room.
Downstairs, there is a small fitness room, a decent sized indoor pool(no whirlpool, though). Outside there is a nice patio with tables, chairs, and a firepit. Yes I checked it out on a 30 degree night-the firepit was on...Since I didn't feel like venturing out, I utilized the Bistro. I had a late light dinner that was actually very good, and had a couple beers watching the football game on one of several big screen TV's. The lobby area had lots of seating, and some booths with their own TV's. Breakfast in the morning was very good. The Bistro may be slightly overpriced, but for the convenience of not having to go out, and drive after a few drinks, it was perfect, especially with a sporting event on TV.
It was a quiet, peaceful, relaxing night. Just what I was looking for. All the staff were extremely friendly. I can't wait to return in warmer weather to utilize the outdoor things.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms faced the wooded area. Even numbers face the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jmat
J-Mat,

I am glad you enjoyed your room with king bed and quite view. Your feedback was very helpful in our quest to obtain ROOT Sports which is the local network that carries the Pens and Pirates games. We are very happy to report that the channel is in the process of being added to our lineup. Come back and see us in the spring when the Courtyard area is a little more inviting then the 30 degree weather.

Have a great day,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice once for business and once with family. I would highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast is good the pool is big enough and the outdoor fire pit is a nice place to sit. The rooms r clean and the beds r comfy. Great location it's close to everything in cranberry right off the turnpike and 79.

Stayed January 2014
Zac M, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Pfleiss,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your comments, but want to focus on the title of your review "Great Place". Our leadership team and I firmly believe that if each associate believes day in and day out that this is a "Great Place" then we know they will make it nothing short of that for our guests. As you can see from your 2 different experiences our facility and staff can easily cater to business and leisure travelers without missing a beat.

If in the future you have business needs in the area don’t forget to tell your co-workers and colleagues.

New London, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

How pleasantly I was surprised to find my car cleared of snow in the morning. I couldn't believe it. Thoughtful things like this make travel fun (well kind of). Hats off to the Courtyard!

The room was clean, the people were friendly. It was a basic stay in my mind for an early meeting until this simple, kind act just changed the entire day for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter S
Peter S,

We appreciate your comments. In early November with the help of our management team Sno Force One was born. Made up of Housekeeping Manager - Todd Pifer, Maintenance Manager - Jeff Rhodes, Sales Manager - Bill Landefeld, Kitchen Manager - Ray Belkey and General Manager - Zac Middleton. Our team reviews the weather forecast nightly and comes in early to ensure that all cars in our lot are clean and clear for our guests to get to work safe and in a timely fashion. Our PM crew made up of F&B Manager - Mike Ward and Maintenance Tech - Steve Humbert make sure the sidewalks are clean and clear to give the AM squad time to get the car cleared off. We look at it as turning a negative into a positive for our guests.

We look forward seeing you again,

Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My daughters basketball team stayed here while playing at a local basketball tournament. Great up-to-date hotel with top of the line Tvs and new furniture and beds. Very accommodating with late check-out and it is located in a great place with many restaurants and attractions around. Could use a free breakfast but with that aside great place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. It is great to hear that our offerings are meeting our guest’s needs. Courtyard is one of the fastest growing chains out there and I would agree that the folks at Marriott are doing their homework. With all the competition out there it is more important than ever to be on top of our game by producing and maintaining the best facilities.

We hope your tourney lands in our area next year,

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed five nights recently and we experienced an exceptional greeting at the front desk, smooth check-in, along with wonderfully clean and well appointed room. The gym was clean and neat as was the pool.

The coup de gras: After snowing all night, and we woke to a completely brushed off car along with hand shoveled walkway to the car doors. Really! When has this ever happened to you?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul,

Great Comments. We take pride in our facility so it is nice to see that it does not go unnoticed. In my time in management I firmly believe that finding ways to turn a negative into a positive are the opportunities that leave that everlasting feeling. We know that snow is reality here in Pittsburgh and know that it is our least favorite thing to deal with before coming in to work. With that mindset we decided that we did not want our guests to deal with it if they dont have to. Thus "Snow Force One" was born. We assembled a team of managers that come in early each time it snows to clear snow and ice off of each car in our lot to ensure our guests get to their destinations safely and on time. We are so dedicated that we come in on our days off just to clear the cars.

We hope to be your home away from home next time you are in the area,

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our company just finished 3 days of training in their meeting room. I could not ask for a better experience.
Staff was very professional, meeting room was set up exactly as I requested, and overall facility was immaculate. We had a continental breakfast, the Bistro lunch, and afternoon snack which were excellent. The warm cookies were to die for! Great touch for the end of the business day.
Bill handled my reservation everything was exactly as I requested. Next time I need to schedule a meeting in the Pittsburgh area, I will defiantly be back at the Pittsburgh North Courtyard!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
David,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you mentioned the simple things about a great event - perfect setup- well maintained facility and quality food. We believe that delivering on the basics is the most important facet of a well housed event. You can have the greatest ice carving of all time as the center piece on your buffet but if the room is dirty and set wrong with sub-par food no one will remember the extravagant carving. Our attention is geared toward the customers’ needs and ensuring we deliver on those needs to the fullest. Bill of our Sales team takes event satisfaction very seriously. Some hotel Sales departments simply book the event and move on but Bill sees each event to completion to ensure his guests get nothing but the best.

I am sure we will see you again,