“Loved the Lobby!”

Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Loved the Lobby!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were only here for one night but I really liked it. We will definitely stay here again since we have to come this way occasionally. Rooms were clean and everything is in good shape since it is a newer hotel. Staff is friendly. The lobby is great. Lots of seating. Swivel club chairs ( I love swivel chairs!) Long couch in front of big screen t.v. Books and magazines were left around on the shelves. It was so homey and inviting. Outside is a firepit and some other seating areas
Two abstract comments:
The last two Marriotts I stayed at had a lot of orange in their decor. I'm not a big fan of that color. If you asked people their top 5 colors, most people would not have orange in there. I hope they rethink their color choices.
I like the vinyl wall paper in the bathroom. It warms up the room instead of having everything tiled.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austintown, Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am a travel agent so I stay in a lot of hotels and hear about a lot of hotels. I have always liked the Marriott chain and chose this Courtyard to stay at with my family (3 kids). We purchased the breakfast package and were very pleased with the breakfast (made to order not buffet). The staff was outstanding and went out of their way to please us. Upon check-in she confirmed our "not guaranteed" requests but all were accommodated. Room was very clean; they are not huge but not too small either. We were very pleased with our stay. We did not use them but the grounds looked very nice as well. They had a few tables and a fire going if you wanted to sit outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The reviews were excellent so I was encouraged that we would be happy travelers. We booked two rooms for the senior rate and could not have been better served. Not only were our requests for a high floor, our room had a walk-in shower to accommodate our needs. The beds are so good you want to pack them. The staff, Maggie and Josh are keepers. We left our credit card at the restaurant and they called to let us know that the Marriott had our card and then sent a staff member to make sure the card was in the safe at the hotel. We really enjoyed the breakfast. Yes, you have to pay, however, the cook to order makes a great start. Great concept to combine the Springhill Suites and Courtyard. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Room Tip: Look for a room on a top floor overlooking the office park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stay here often for business in the Pittsburgh area and this Courtyard in Cranberry Township, PA, is one of the best. The rooms are always immaculate and extremely comfortable. The staff is outstanding and go way out of their way to accommodate you - especially Robby, Todd, Bill, Lucas, Maggie, Stephanie, and Donna. Always a pleasure to stay at this Marriott Courtyard location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Northeast
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler and a Marriott loyal user. I've stayed in all the Marriott properties in the Cranberry Woods area. My recent trip was to attend a wedding, but now I will always choose this property when I return to the area. The hotel is beautiful, very modern, and inviting. The staff was extremely accomodating and helpful during my stay from checkin, to the bistro, to checkout. The hotel is in close proximity to all the major highways, as well as shopping and dining. I will mention I was on a Marriott rewards stay, but they treated me no differently than as if I was paying regular rack rate. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Roselle
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stumbled upon this brand new/newly decorated Courtyard after attending a Pirates game. What a nice hotel. Friendly staff, large rooms and large bathrooms. It's 20-25 minutes north of the ballpark, but if you're heading towards Youngstown/Cleveland/Chicago, it's perfectly located.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Monessen PA
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very new hotel, room are somewhat small but very nicely laid out. Bathroom was very large when compared to the room. Bed and linen was very good quality. Unlike others, no problem with the satellite TV. Only downside for us was the lack of complementary coffee and breakfast ( we usually stay at Hampton Inn or HI Express), but that was not a deal killer for us. Good location off of I-79 which made for easy access to the hotel, There are several chain restaurants just a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple