“Great beer selection and service”
Review of Mad Mex

Mad Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We did not eat dinner here, but stopped afterwards for a few drinks. We had an excellent bartender, who was very knowledgable about their extensive beer selection. We enjoyed the unique atmosphere and tasty beers. We'll be back for the great service, too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went there for dinner and ordered fajitas and enchiladas enchiladas were average fajitas were terrible, service was tooooooooo slow my kids got quesadillas and to be honest even in my worst day I have cooked something that baaaad, it seems like there were a group of friends of the waitres so they were chatting with them instead of doing their work, I don't mind paying a lot for good food but I think this is probably one of the worst restaurants I've been ever.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I love Mad Mex. We have been frequenting all of the Big Burrito establishments for years. This Mad Mex is similar as the other locations but much larger than Oakland and has an excellent outdoor area. In fact the bar, which really is the center piece of the restaurant, is both indoor and outdoor. This I love. If you have never been to a Mad Mex before, then you might be surprised by the decor. I personally love it, the reviewer prior to me apparently did not like it, but it is a day of the dead type theme. Really is quite fun.

This is not an authentic Mexican restaurant and as far as I can tell it is not trying to be one. The burritos are excellent; in fact I have never had a bad meal here. Their draft selection is spot on and always rotating, which I love. Although I do not drink Margaritas, my friends in the past have specifically chosen Mad Mex for dinner just to get one or two. It does seem to draw a bit younger crowd and I would not call it a family restaurant, but you should certainly feel comfortable bringing kids here. All in all, Mad Mex may not be fine dining but it certainly is the perfect place to get a great meal and a tasty beer.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

we love mexican cuisine. only after finding our favorite little local place closed did we decide to go to mad mex. they are the next closest, but had our doubts. chain places often fall short of the little places that actually are run by the ethnicity whose food you wish to dine on. anywho, in we go. upon waiting to be seated, we were asked if we wanted patio or inside seating. being it was a bit chilly out ( and i even made comment to the hostess that it was too chilly for us to be outside), we had a brief wait to be seated inside. the first thing we noticed was a large mural painting above the bar, which in the center of it had a humanoid woman standing bare breasted, no arms, and a cow skull for a head ( very nice for a "family" place.) we were seated by the same hostess, but placed immediately next to the huge open wall that goes out to the patio, so we might as well been seated out there in the cold. lighting is VERY dim, and it is difficult to read the menu due to it. the decor is out of a scare house. zombie themed, demonic and bat masks on the wall, cartoon zombie people and dog cut outs, very bizarre! ordered the nachos grande (no jalapeno peppers) , waited 20 minutes for them, and the come out covered in jalapeneo peppers and cold. could see they sat waiting to be delivered to us for a while, the cheese was all stiff and congealed. 2 minutes later out come the entrees, so even if the appetizer was to our liking we would not have had time to eat it or else the meals would have been cold. sent the nachos, and had them taken off the bill. waitress was as dim as the lighting. she stopped at the table and asked if we needed anything, and we stated we needed more sour cream. 10 minutes later ( during which she stopped at the table in front of ours twice) she stopped by and asked if we needed anything. had to remind her of the sour cream...again. food was pricey, no overly impressed with it. menu is huge, takes 10 minutes to go through it all. will not be back.

1  Thank Jason C