“Hilton Garden Inn - A Great Brand Formula”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This property is new (roughly 1 1/2 years old). It sits on a bluff overlooking the commercial/office district of Cranberry Township. The view is stunning at night.

Check-in was a breeze. A top floor room request - to minimize noise (no footsteps, etc., overhead) - is routine for us. We didn't experience noise problems other than typical door closing noise - hotel room doors are designed to close hard & automatically for security and safety purposes. Guests can make coffee and tea in their rooms and there are complimentary beverages available in the lobby. Sleep quality was excellent (snowy white linens and comfortable mattresses). Free in-room wi-fi.

We were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant menu. The food prices were reasonable, not inflated like many in-house hotel restaurants, although wine and drink prices were high. The selection was quite good. Our dinners were delivered to our table hot and beautifully presented.

We didn't have time to use the pool but it appeared to be clean. The fitness room was well equipped.

The entire property was squeaky clean and well maintained. There were several inches of snow on the ground - the parking lot and all walkways were clear. All in all, a warm, welcoming, experience delivered by a capable staff at the HGI Cranberry!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ukpa0hde
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear ukpaohde,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your kind words about your most recent stay with us here in Cranberry Township. I am more than pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our fantastic view of Cranberry from our clean comfortable guest rooms, our delicious menu items at the Garden Grille and Bar and our high level of service you received from our team members you encountered during your stay. We strive to keep our property looking brand new and also having as your stated a "squeaky clean" facility for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to see you for any of your future visits to area and wish you safe travels. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your kind review about your most recent stay with us.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

On a recent trip to Washington, I, along with my family, stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cranberry Township. Our entire experience was great. We stayed on the Bed and Breakfast special. I went swimming with my son in the pool that evening while my wife used the fitness room. We ordered a roll-a-way bed in the room which was a real mattress, not one of the folding kind. It was very comfortable. The made to order breakfast in the morning was excellent. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Toronto 1227,

Thank you for taking the time for providing your kind words about our property as well as being a guest of ours. I am happy to see you and your family loved your stay with us here in Cranberry Township. Our heated salt water pool is great for a relaxing swim or some family fun, and our breakfast package as you said was a great option and very delicious! I am glad we were able to accommodate your family with our hospitality, comfortable roll away, and other amenities. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your kind review of your most recent stay. We hope to see you soon, safe travels!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a great hotel in all ways but one-- inability to sleep due to noise because of thin walls. Clean new rooms, great lobby, great location, free wi-fi, and a pool for our kids. Our family always loves HGI's. However, the walls and doors are paper thin in this hotel, and I'm not sure how you remedy this. We heard a crying toddler check in next to us at 11pm who cried for at least 30 minutes unconsoled, and we heard conversations on the other side at 1:45-2am from adults. We got 4 hrs' sleep total. We felt like it was as loud as a college dorm. We could hear full conversations, hear people using the toilet, and the same toddler woke us screaming at 6:30am. Front desk staff was somewhat accommodating by assuring us the noisy occupants would be gone after our first night, but sadly we won't be able to stay here again due to the construction of walls and doors.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Amyboz,

Thank you so much for being a guest of ours, and for taking the time to review your recent stay. All comments will be shared with our staff, as well as our management company so that we can collectively determine how to best prevent future noise disturbances. My sincerest apology that your sleep quality was deterred by the toddler, and neighbors. I too have experienced similar inconsiderate guests during my travels, and rest assured, I truly don't want any of our guests to have to endure anything similar. If you're ever back in the Cranberry area, please contact me personally so that I can extend all efforts to compliment the service and amenities you commented on, and rated so highly, with a sound night's sleep.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

On a trip to Pittsburgh to see the Dolphins Steelers game stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Clean room, friendly accommodating staff. Easy check in, comfortable room. It was all good. located in a nice area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Alfred S,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your feedback about our property here in Cranberry Township. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our clean spacious guest rooms, our friendly team members, and our great accessibility to events in the surrounding areas. I hope you had a wonderful time at the football game and maybe we will see you for an upcoming game or next season! Again, thank you for your review and being a guest of ours!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hot cooked-to-order breakfast was an unexpected treat. Breakfast service was fast and the food very good. I especially liked the welcome bar with cookies, coffee and water in the lobby. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to visit family in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Mary Kay T,

Thank you for your kind review of your most recent stay with us here in Cranberry Township. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our delicious cook to order breakfast at the Garden Grille, our garden table with our hot and fresh coffee, welcome bars, and tea, and our hospitable team members. I would like to thank you for your kind words and for also being a guest of ours. We hope to see you for any of your future family visits. Safe Travels!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Having flown in from London - a 12 hour + trip with a five hour time difference - the Hilton Garden Inn provided a terrific stop-over point before meeting my US based family. A warm welcome, reasonable food at a reasonable price and an excellent room - all within a few hundred yards of the freeway network - made my choice of hotel on this trip a very good one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David W

Dear David W,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also providing your kind words about your most recent stay with us here in Cranberry Township. I am happy to see our property provided a terrific stop over point for you to spend time and visit with your US based family. All of our team members strive to create a warm welcoming feeling that includes, clean spacious guest rooms, delicious options in our restaurant, our high level of service, and all of the amenities we have to offer as well as what Cranberry Township has to offer. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for providing your kind words. Safe Travels!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Given the rave reviews by other guests, perhaps my expectations were too high because this HGI has some issues to resolve.
First, I was not greeting as a HH member upon check-in and did not get complimentary water or anything for my status. I even asked the front desk attendant if my HH number was included in my reservation. She said yes, and that was her only response.
The guest room has a refreshingly modern decor, free Wi-Fi, iron, mini-microwave, mini-fridge and oddly enough, 2 different coffee makers: a traditional one and a single-cup model. Instead of doubling on the in-room coffee makers (especially because the hotel has free coffee in the lobby), the hotel could have spent money on a different amenity. Like free bottled water.
The bathroom was clean and modern, but dimly lit. Water pressure is good.
The walls are the thinnest I've ever experienced. I could hear my neighbors' conversations and other noises as if they were in my room. This includes the bathroom. 'Nuff said.
The fitness center is a decent size but is only open from 6am to 10pm with card access. Especially for business travelers, the gym should have 24/7 access typical of HGI's. There is a tiny, indoor pool as well.
Prices in the restaurant are quite reasonable and service is fast, but the sandwich I ordered was not prepared as described in the menu.
The hotel is located near several restaurants and shops.
Most of the above issues can be addressed by hotel management, except for the thin walls. I would not recommend this hotel if you are a light sleeper or value privacy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear RickyBobbie,

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us, and for posting your valuable feedback. Although we are very proactive in preventing guest inconveniences, we rely on, and take to heart, all guest views to assist our efforts in providing comfortable and memorable experiences. Please accept my sincere apology that you found the walls to be too thin, and your comfort and sleep quality impacted as a result. Understanding that this is the most important aspect of a guest stay, we will exhaust all corrective action measures to determine a cause, and implement a solution. However, without knowing what room in particular you stayed in, if you could please contact me to assist our efforts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

In regards to not being recognized as a loyal Hilton Honors member, this is very surprising since our recognition scores as tracked by the brand are actually quite high. We truly appreciate members such as yourself for aiding the growth and stability of our hotel, and brand, as without you, we wouldn't have such a beautiful property to practice our passion. Again, I'd really look forward to hearing from you so that I can determine who checked you in, and provide additional training as necessary.

Concerning the hours of operation for the fitness center, we are in the process of updating the hours of operation, as well as the signage and door lock. I too have fallen victim to abbreviated fitness center hours in my travels, and can appreciate your frustration, as I know how difficult it can be to work-out when traveling.

Lastly, thank you for the strong rating of our service, in particular, recognizing the timely delivery and reasonable pricing in the restaurant. Apparently however, due to your sandwich not including what it was described as on our new menu, a review of item prep with our cooks is in order, and will certainly be addressed by our chef.

Again, thank you for helping us improve. My office number is 724-779-9999, or you can email me at bward@vistahost.net. I look forward to hearing from you, and if given another opportunity, providing you a better experience that's more reflective of how our operation strives to consistently operate.