“Excellent night's stay, perfect for a family of 4”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the positive reviews on this site, and we are glad we did. It is conveniently located off of the turnpike. Easy on, easy off. Lobby is stylish and tastefully modern. Staff is friendly and greets and acknowledges you at every turn.

Hotel had a small, but clean salt water pool. Kids and hubby enjoyed jumping in for a quick cool down splash after a 9 hour drive. Dinner was in the lobby restaurant. 3 out of 4 entrees were served in a timely manner. The 4th was not, however, it finally did come, and the manager comp'd it. Good resolution. Food was tasty.

Breakfast in same restaurant in the morning was also very convenient and tasty. Eggs made to order, and a make-it-yourself waffle station was fun for the kids. Food was very good. Our friendly server, Diane E., went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction.

Another bonus was the complimentary 24 hour coffee/tea/ hot cocoa station in lobby. This was perfect for allowing us to grab a late night/early cup of coffee and hot cocoa for kids, without leaving the hotel!

The only downside of our stay was the size of our hotel room. While clean, and the beds were comfy, it was a small room. We were told all the rooms are like this. Would have been perfect, had the rooms allowed for more room, but definitely not a deal breaker, as this was only a 1 night stop on our road trip.

This was definitely a great stay in a great hotel! Highly, highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Famof4travel,

Thank you for being a guest of ours along with providing a review about our hotel here in Cranberry. We greatly appreciate all feedback and reviews regarding our hotel and service. I am happy to see that you and your family enjoyed our 24 hour garden table that has coffee, water, tea, and hot cocoa along with our pool area and Cook to Order Breakfast at the Garden Grille. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the level of service our restaurant team and guest service representatives presented to you and your family. For the room size, our hotel does offer suites which include our junior suites and king suites that could benefit your family for future stays at our property. Again, I would like to thank you for providing a review about our hotel and having your family as guests at our hotel! We hope to see you again next time you and your family are in the area. Thank You!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this property for three weeks having breakfast here all but two days and about 90% of my dinner meals at The Garden Grille. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful to me in a variety of ways.

During my stay, I had two different packages shipped here and in both situations the front desk followed my instructions to letter. The front desk staff always greeted me with a smile and called me by name. The breakfast and dinner staff went above and beyond to ensure that my meals were satisfactory. One evening I needed to have a document scanned and sent in an email on a priority basis. The facility manager brought me to his office and scanned the document for me.

Overall an excellent experience with a staff that routinely goes way above and beyond to make sure your stay meets your expectations. The location was very good and a short drive to the Emerson Ovation Training Center located on Beta Drive in Pittsburgh (30 minutes). I could make it to this property about thirty minutes faster than those who had to drive about six short miles across town!

Room Tip: This location keeps their coffee station going 24 hours a day!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Keith H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property with your wonderful comments about our team members, restaurant, and overall hospitality. We enjoyed having you as a guest and cannot wait for your possible return in the future! Three weeks is quite some time in a hotel and I am happy to see you enjoyed your entire stay with us. Again, thank you for your wonderful review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The best surprise here is dinner in the lobby restaurant. They offer a small plate option which rivals the finest restaurants. The steak with chimichurri sauce was perfectly cooked and our server very professional. I'd go back just to eat in the restaurant...it's really that good!

The hotel excels in other areas as well It has a stylish and comfortable lobby, different than most Hilton Garden's I've stayed in before. The front desk is helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were able to check in early. The lobby has these cool chairs with a swinging desk arm and power outlet...great for working. My room was well decorated with a laminate wood foyer and bath...nice touch, especially with the oversized glass shower. Everything in the room was spotless and comfortable, Starbucks coffee in the room and a refrigerator. Nice selection of channels on the tv and plenty of pillows on the bed.

This hotel offers a good value, stylish decor and professional service. You can't ask for anything more! More Hilton Garden Inn's should take note of this property and the chef at their restaurant.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank realhanes

Dear Realhanes,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and providing your kind words about our in-house restaurant, lobby area, and guest rooms. I am glad to see that you highly enjoyed our property and our hospitality. The steak with the chimichurri sauce is a delicious dish of ours and is highly enjoyed as you have noted. I will be sure to share this review with our Food & Beverage team members along with our other departments. Again, thank you for your kind words and being a guest of ours. We hope to see you soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here just one night and as others have said, the rates are too high for what and where it is. We wouldn't have stayed here if we had to pay for the room. But instead I found that the 20k Hhonors point redemption rate is a good deal. I would have booked that, but then I saw the website offering a points & cash rate of 8k points & $40+ tax ($44 total) So I booked that and think I got a great deal because the place turned out to be really nice.

Everything in the hotel was new looking and the room itself was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was in great shape, and the TV was a big flat screen. The breakfast was really good and free for us because of hhonors status, but would have been well worth the $10 price. The only complaint we had was the absolutely terrible noise insulation. We could hear every word that the neighbors said, and they were up until 2:30am and then back up at 8am. No exaggerating here, we could hear their conversations as clearly as if they had been an open doorway between our rooms. Obviously the only thing between the two rooms is drywall which is not even close to sufficient for hotel room walls. This really ruined our sleep and is the reason that I can't give the hotel a "5" and it was almost bad enough to drop it to a "3". But everything else was so nice I must go with a "4".

I would stay here again, but only on a points or points/cash stay, and I would definitely bring my earplugs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zena S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Frank3355,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and taking the time to review and provide feedback about our hotel. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Member. I am glad that you enjoyed our guest rooms along with our Made to Order Breakfast at our Garden Grille. The Hilton Honors point option is always a great choice for Hilton Honors Members. The value of our hotel is determined by all of our complimentary amenities that we have to offer such as our salt water pool, hot tub, workout facility, complimentary wifi along with a 24 hour business center and our service that we deliver to each guest that stays with us. Another determination of the value of the hotel would be the market and its demand. I would like to apologize for the noise levels you had experienced from your neighbors that evening and if there is anything that I could personally do, please feel free to contact us. With neighbors that are louder we do take proper action to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible. Sleeping is one of the most important parts of a stay for a guest and we love to ensure that any future complaints will be taken care of when reported. Again, thank you for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay with us. Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

An outstanding Hilton Garden Inn with a very friendly and helpful staff. Very convenient to PA Turnpike and an easy drive to downtown Pittsburgh via interstate highways. Excellent breakfast available with eggs made to order. Other meals available in the hotel, but also found several good restaurants in the immediate area. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Grandpa Tuba,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our team members, made to order breakfast, and our surrounding area. We take great pride in the hospitality we offer to every guest and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Again, thank you for your review and being a guest of ours. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

New Hilton Garden Inn sits up on a hill. Easy access from the side road, Longtree Way. Neither of my GPS units could find the address on Garden View Lane. Use 7077 Franklin Road, Cranberry Township, PA. There is a Breakfast buffet which is not included but it comes with a choice of made to order eggs/omlets. The cut fresh fruit doesn't always look very appealing. It looks like the same fruit put out for a couple of days instead of freshly cut that morning. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Rooms clean and have a refrig/microwave. Nice size bathroom but lacking shelves to store your personal items out of the way for housekeeping. Along with the regular coffee maker and real cups is an additional coffee by Starbucks with its own coffee machine and to go cups. Fitness center is a nice size with 2 benches and weights up to 50 lbs plus a universal weight machine. Cardio machines do not include TVs. There is a pool and a hot tub but both are very small. I enjoy coming back here for work.

Room Tip: Select a room on the west side of the building to see the sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Job_tourist,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback about our property here in Cranberry Township. We highly enjoy all feedback from our guests and strive to make every stay, the best stay. I will be sure to share this review and feedback with our team members. I am glad you enjoyed our workout facility, staff, and your overall stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area and again thank you for your review of our hotel. Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay on our road trip in July 2013. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. I thought the cost was good for the hotel type considering we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on the way back home for about the same amount and didn't think it was anywhere near as nice. The only reason we didn't stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on the way back home was because they didn't have a room available for the night we needed. I would definitely stay at the hotel again. The only issue we had with the hotel was a family with a baby was in the room next to us and the baby cried in the middle of the night for some time so I wished the rooms were a little more sound proofed. Otherwise, everything else was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Mara D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and being a guest of ours! I am glad to see that you enjoyed our team members, cleanliness and overall stay. I am sorry to hear about the level of noise you experienced and if there is anything I can personally do please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you soon and perhaps on your next road trip through the area. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!