“VERY NICE - businessy feel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cumberland, Maryland
“VERY NICE - businessy feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and I as we were going to the Steelers game. The lobby is gorgeous, I love the waterfall. They also had beverages available. I liked that they had hot chocolate as well, not just tea. Our room was HUGE. The living area looked pretty plain because it was so open. There was a foyer type space and then a very spacious living room. The view overlooked all the businesses across the street, the hotel was close to just about everything. Thel living room just had a couch and one chair. It had a little kitchenette area. The bedroom was a nice size as well. There was a tv in both the living room and bedroom. The bed was very comfy. The bathroom was very large, however the shower was quite small. I did like that there was plenty of lighting in there, a separate light in the shower and one over the tub as well as the overhead light. It had a whirlpool tub which I was unaware of when booking, but quite pleasantly surprised to see, however we didnt have a chance to use it. i was also surprised to see there was a half bath off the foyer, which I was unaware of at booking. It was a very nice hotel room, very spacious and I was surprised at the whirlpool and extra bathroom I wasn't expecting. It did not feel very homey though, it felt very businessy, but the receptionist when we checked in had stated it was primarily built for visitors of a nearby company. We did go to breakfast in the morning. There was an all you can eat breakfast for $11 per person, they did not have a menu though. There was only one waitress and then someone I assume was the manager. The waitress was friendly though and seemed knowledgeable. The breakfast was good. We both only ended up getting just one plate full of food though, so the $11 seemed a little high to me, but if you were to take advantage of the "all you can eat" its a great deal. They do not have a free breakfast at all. Their cold breakfast which is usually free elsewhere is $5 here, which isnt too bad. Check in and check out were very simple. They did require a $25 hold on the credit card. The check-in girl told me it would be released as soon as we checked out. The check out girl said it would be 48-72 hours, which was apparently more correct as it is still on my card and we checked out Sunday 12/23. Very nice overall, I would recommend it. Nothing negative, I just prefer a more homey feel.

Room Tip: Tip: The hotel is only 6 months old, so if you're using GPS and it hasn't been updated recen...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our Hotel. We share these with our staff members to make us even better. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. We wish that it was more homey for you. If you have anymore feedback on how we can make our guest feel that way, feel free to contact me at the property. We really appreciate you choosing us while going to the game. Please come by and see us again on your next visit to the Pittsburgh area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for a weekend in December. My family lives in Beaver County, and we were doing to be doing some fun Christmas activities in downtown Pittsburgh, so this hotel was in a nice location. We had never stayed here before, and we found a great deal on travelocity, so we jumped on it. And what a lovely surprise! The hotel is brand new. Everything was clean and modern. Our room had a flatscreen, free wi-fi, coffee machine, mini fridge, microwave, everything we needed and more! Also, the shampoo and soaps were Bath & Body and Neutrogena. I love a nice, name brand soap during a hotel stay! We watched a football game at the bar, and they had happy hour specials on food and beer and wine. The bartender was very friendly, and so were all of the front desk staff. If you're looking to stay in Cranberry, this hotel is a great choice. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor....away from the elevator...very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy that you decided to choose us on your visit to the Pittsburgh area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Facts
1. Walls are paper thin, conversations and you know what clearly comes through you bedroom walls. I had to change my room as the elderly couple's passionate moaning and groaning was driving me nuts.
2. Service in dining room by the 1 an only over worked lady who clearly hates her job was not very pleasant experience.
3. Tried to contact Hilton diamond services was put on hold 5min on Sunday morning, gave up to write this review.
4. My overall impression was that there is a serious lack of appropriate management this weekend.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jga37
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Greetings,

Happy Holidays! I am very sorry about your experience at our location. We would immediatley love to talk to you directly. I am personally away until Thursday for the holidays. However, our Manager on Duty Michael will be in over the next few days and would love to speak to you. Please contact him by calling (724)779-9999 or call me directly on Thursday morning. Michael is aware that you will be calling him.

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our company, recently had a two day business meeting at the Hilton Garden and also had out of town guests who overnighted here. Absolutely wonderful service and accomodations. I highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you so much for writing about our location. Our staff works hard to be the best team in the area. We are so happy that you chose to have your overnight guests and your meeting here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you more in the future. Please let us know when you will be back in the area.

cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just a 8 hour stay to crash for the night and get up early. This place is very, very nice. It is at a nice location on the top of a hill . The beds were comfy, with nice linens and the rooms were nice .

• Stayed November 2012
      Cleanliness
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our lovely rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to the Cranberry Twp area.

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here in early September 2012 and we are here again in November 2012 and have been very satisfied with the hotel. Our 2 year old loves the waterfall when you first walk in. When we told her we were going back to Pittsburgh she said "go see waterfall!" The hotel has a very comfortable feel and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We have eaten multiple meals at the hotel and overall it's been a positive experience. However, I do think the breakfast could be improved. It's overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings,

I am so happy that your family keep coming back to our location when visiting the Pittsburgh/Cranberry area. Our staff were just as excited as your 2 year old daughter when they built the waterfall in the entrance. It really makes the Hotel very inviting when entering the front doors. Thank you for telling your story on this website. We look forward to your continue loyalty to our property.

Port Dover, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

this is a new hotel in Cranberry and all the staff will tell you...we are new that why things are happening. I check in on Monday night when it was raining very bad out, our first room, we unpacked and found out the water was coming in our window, we called the front deck and they changed out room, the front desk person said, this hotel is new and we still don't know what works and does not, you would think a builder would have checked all windows for leaks. We moved to the second room, unpacked and after 15mins found out that window was leaking also, but now the hotel was sold out and we could not move to another room. They sent in more towel for the water coming in from the window. Then 30mins letter a staff person opens the door to move someone else into the room we just got moved to, they did not knock because the front desk told them to move this person who was not happy with his room to the one they just move us to. I dont understand if its good customer service to keep telling people "oh this hotel is new that why things dont work".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Greetings,

I want to thank you for your comments on trip advisor and your comments to me personally at the Hotel. I understand your frustrations with the first room having a leak in the window. I do know that the staff accomodated your request on the move and checked that window before moving you into the new room. I also understand that the staff thought that the new luggage in the old room was luggage that you left behind and delivered it to your room. I do apologize for the confusion on the luggage. I had a meeting with my staff that when there is an issue with any part of the building to not say that the building is new. That is a training issue on my part and I am very sorry that it upset you in any way. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will try our hotel once more on your next visit. I understand that you were going to ask your Company to call and have a local corporate negotiated rate set up with us. I hope that you were able to speak with your manager about that. We hope to see you soon!!!