“A Lovely Surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for a weekend in December. My family lives in Beaver County, and we were doing to be doing some fun Christmas activities in downtown Pittsburgh, so this hotel was in a nice location. We had never stayed here before, and we found a great deal on travelocity, so we jumped on it. And what a lovely surprise! The hotel is brand new. Everything was clean and modern. Our room had a flatscreen, free wi-fi, coffee machine, mini fridge, microwave, everything we needed and more! Also, the shampoo and soaps were Bath & Body and Neutrogena. I love a nice, name brand soap during a hotel stay! We watched a football game at the bar, and they had happy hour specials on food and beer and wine. The bartender was very friendly, and so were all of the front desk staff. If you're looking to stay in Cranberry, this hotel is a great choice. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor....away from the elevator...very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy that you decided to choose us on your visit to the Pittsburgh area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Facts
1. Walls are paper thin, conversations and you know what clearly comes through you bedroom walls. I had to change my room as the elderly couple's passionate moaning and groaning was driving me nuts.
2. Service in dining room by the 1 an only over worked lady who clearly hates her job was not very pleasant experience.
3. Tried to contact Hilton diamond services was put on hold 5min on Sunday morning, gave up to write this review.
4. My overall impression was that there is a serious lack of appropriate management this weekend.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jga37
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Greetings,

Happy Holidays! I am very sorry about your experience at our location. We would immediatley love to talk to you directly. I am personally away until Thursday for the holidays. However, our Manager on Duty Michael will be in over the next few days and would love to speak to you. Please contact him by calling (724)779-9999 or call me directly on Thursday morning. Michael is aware that you will be calling him.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our company, recently had a two day business meeting at the Hilton Garden and also had out of town guests who overnighted here. Absolutely wonderful service and accomodations. I highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Greetings,

Thank you so much for writing about our location. Our staff works hard to be the best team in the area. We are so happy that you chose to have your overnight guests and your meeting here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you more in the future. Please let us know when you will be back in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just a 8 hour stay to crash for the night and get up early. This place is very, very nice. It is at a nice location on the top of a hill . The beds were comfy, with nice linens and the rooms were nice .

• Stayed: November 2012
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our lovely rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to the Cranberry Twp area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here in early September 2012 and we are here again in November 2012 and have been very satisfied with the hotel. Our 2 year old loves the waterfall when you first walk in. When we told her we were going back to Pittsburgh she said "go see waterfall!" The hotel has a very comfortable feel and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We have eaten multiple meals at the hotel and overall it's been a positive experience. However, I do think the breakfast could be improved. It's overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Greetings,

I am so happy that your family keep coming back to our location when visiting the Pittsburgh/Cranberry area. Our staff were just as excited as your 2 year old daughter when they built the waterfall in the entrance. It really makes the Hotel very inviting when entering the front doors. Thank you for telling your story on this website. We look forward to your continue loyalty to our property.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

this is a new hotel in Cranberry and all the staff will tell you...we are new that why things are happening. I check in on Monday night when it was raining very bad out, our first room, we unpacked and found out the water was coming in our window, we called the front deck and they changed out room, the front desk person said, this hotel is new and we still don't know what works and does not, you would think a builder would have checked all windows for leaks. We moved to the second room, unpacked and after 15mins found out that window was leaking also, but now the hotel was sold out and we could not move to another room. They sent in more towel for the water coming in from the window. Then 30mins letter a staff person opens the door to move someone else into the room we just got moved to, they did not knock because the front desk told them to move this person who was not happy with his room to the one they just move us to. I dont understand if its good customer service to keep telling people "oh this hotel is new that why things dont work".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Greetings,

I want to thank you for your comments on trip advisor and your comments to me personally at the Hotel. I understand your frustrations with the first room having a leak in the window. I do know that the staff accomodated your request on the move and checked that window before moving you into the new room. I also understand that the staff thought that the new luggage in the old room was luggage that you left behind and delivered it to your room. I do apologize for the confusion on the luggage. I had a meeting with my staff that when there is an issue with any part of the building to not say that the building is new. That is a training issue on my part and I am very sorry that it upset you in any way. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will try our hotel once more on your next visit. I understand that you were going to ask your Company to call and have a local corporate negotiated rate set up with us. I hope that you were able to speak with your manager about that. We hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'd originally booked the nearby Hampton Inn but changed to the Garden Inn as the Hampton Inn's fitness center was closed for renovations. I was not disappointed. The room was a very good value for the price paid -- minifridge and microwave in the room so that I could have heated something up if I wanted to. The bath had only a shower; fine for me as I prefer showers but you might ask if there are rooms with tubs if you prefer baths. Free in-room WiFi is a nice plus as well. I'm not a small person and can rarely get hotel towels to go all the way around me (so I can tuck them in) but I can do so with these towels. There were plenty of them too, which I also appreciated. Rooms and common areas were spotless.

The pool was very nice and spotless as well. The hot tub is small, but big enough for a few people. It's deep enough that I could sit on the bench and have the bubbles come up to my shoulders without hunching down.

I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant because I didn't feel like driving even the few hundred yards to the closest restaurant. There was a good variety of offerings on the menu -- appetizers to full meals -- and all were fairly priced. Service was very good. The hotel breakfast was a good deal for the full cooked breakfast, and the server made a special effort to find hot chocolate for me. As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel has complimentary coffee/tea out in the lobby, and cookies in the afternoon/evening.

The only recommendation I'd have is that the hotel add directions from the Pennsylvania Turnpike to its webpage. I tried to extrapolate from the I-79 directions but realized quickly that there was an "extra" road in-between the Turnpike and I-79 (I took a guess and made the correct turn). Call the hotel before you leave if you aren't sure of directions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Good morning!

Thank you for your response and your kind words! I truly appreciate the time you took to say such nice things about our hotel. I'm glad you made your way here, and hope that on your next journey I have the chance to meet you.

Best Regards!