“A beautiful, high quality hotel for any function.”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My son and new wife just had their Wedding reception at the Marriott in Cranberry Township. It was beautifully executed, the food, accomodations, sevice and hotel rooms were superb. I had family and friends from as far away as Texas, Kansas and Georgia attend, and they were all very pleased with the service and accomodations that the Marriott provided. I was so impressed when the Chef himself came to introduce himself to the parents of the couple and to find out if the food met our expectations. Bravo to the Chef, the wedding planner and hostess, and servers including housekeeping and the hotel breakfast buffet staff for providing a wonderful experience to all. I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone for your next big occasion.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pittsburgh Marriott North

Reviewed October 8, 2010

The service was wonderful. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lost room key and had another one as soon as I stepped up to the front desk to ask. Location was great. Very close to Pittsburgh. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Perfect stop on our way home from South Carolina. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Quick and easy breakfast in the morning. Very helpful front end staff. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel is what you expect when you travel for your work. A nice place to stay, clean, goods beds, decent food. Although the food was a little fat from a European perspective, it's what you can expect in the US.

The staff was friendly. Even though our secretary made an error during the booking (we arrived a day early), the staff did everything in their power to get me a room.

I will definitely use it again when I need a hotel in that area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My fiancé and I had only a few months to plan our wedding (6). We were not originally leaning towards a hotel to hold our reception, but were impressed with the Marriott's wedding coordinator and liked the idea that the cocktail hour could be held in the atrium (we all know Pgh weather; we weren't about to risk our chances and have an outdoor cocktail hour - but we still wanted it to be in a different area (from the reception), and to have some sort of natural light). Now, looking back, choosing the Marriott was the best decision we made, for several reasons -
-Renee, our coordinator, was amazing! She was so organized and worked to meet all of our needs and requests. I never felt overwhelmed because she handled EVERYTHING! Further, she had a great style, and offered recommendations (which I appreciated).
-The staff at the reception were equally professional and accommodating. Samantha met us at the door and from that point on, we didn't need to worry about a thing!
-The food was out of this world!
I could go on and on, but if you have any particular questions, just send an e-mail.
Just to close, when looking for a reception site, we found that most places that we looked at fell in the same price range (make sure you calculate all the "extra" costs when comparing; for example, Marriott offered name-brand bottles for the bar, while upgrading to name-brands at other locations would have been an up charge) - we feel that we got SO much for our money and do not believe another site could have competed with the service we received at the Marriott.

Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank MMK_PGH
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Wedding Block
Jill Black did an excellent job of preparing and advising us on the wedding block reservations. Her follow up has been very professional as well.
Location made it easy for out of area guest to find it. Being right off the turnpike and Rt. 228 made travel to the wedding and reception easier.
The staff was very helpful. Our great nephew has cecilia and requires special diet needs. They brought necessary items to the room so our niece could prepare his food.
Our extended family had a great time in the pool!
only thing lacking was a hot tub... the older folks love hot tubs.
With having dining on site and all the surrounding restaurants, it made meal selections easy for all the different family units. The extended family even celebrated a birthday at the near by Olive Garden the day after the wedding.

Thank you for filling our special event with even more special memories.
the Wises

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2010

It was my first trip back east and my friends had arranged their wedding block at this hotel. It's a bit out of my usual price range but it was a once in a lifetime trip and I was determined to stay with the group. I ended up sharing a room with another wedding guest so that helped with the cost considerably.

As a big group of friends we had a great time hanging out. The only thing that was a bummer was the bar closing at 1 a.m. when we were still hanging out. It was convenient not to have to drive anywhere and we wish we had been able to continue hanging out.

The fountain in the lobby is cool but very very loud making it hard to hear if you're sitting around conversing. I'm guessing it masks the noise from the bar from carrying over to the front desk.

The room was very nice and exactly what I had expected. I'm surprised that Marriott has held out on charging for the wireless internet. All mid-level brands have been offering it for free for a long long time now. Seems like just another way to get some money out of people.

Overall I would say that this would be a good hotel to use if you know what to expect going in.

• Stayed: September 2009