All reviews the concierge lounge front desk wedding reception room service gold member full service hotel decent hotel next morning nice size stayed two nights nice property family wedding bar restaurant workout room king room the room was nice walk in shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying the hotel itself is very nice. We stayed in a renovated room. The service is what is lacking. We made reservations 3 months ago for 2 adjoining rooms with 2 double beds each. At checkin was give 2 rooms across the hall from each other with 1 king in each. Not acceptable for a room
With 3 adults. They did give us a room with a pull out sofa bed. Each room was supplied with only 2 towels, 1 bathrobe and 1 packet of coffee. Pull out bed had no sheets or blankets or pillows. Had to call down twice for these necessities. No free breakfast even though there are many other hotels within walking distance that do offer it. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Christopher F, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for falling short of your expectations, and as a teachable moment we will be sharing your feedback with the corresponding departments. The level of service you experienced is certainly not what we strive to provide. If you would like to speak to the Guest Service Manager further about this issue please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 724-772-3700.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Pittsburgh Marriott North Hotel and had an excellent experience. It began at check-in when I was helped by Sam. Sam was outstanding! He made me feel very welcome and was able to accommodate my room request. He was very friendly and I really appreciated the fact that he exemplified appreciating my business. Thank you Sam!
There was a large family wedding taking place that weekend and it was very busy in the lobby as well as the front desk. Sam made sure to take time to answer my questions about the hotel and told me about the renovations that had been done on the hotel.
That said, the renovations at the hotel are extremely nice and I stayed in a newly renovated room which was fantastic.

I had a very pleasant stay and this will be my new go-to hotel. I am in Pittsburgh often since my daughter is in college here. I will stay here and highly recommend it to you as well.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying we are Marriott Rewards Gold for Life members. I say that because we have stayed in many Marriott’s over the years and know what to expect at Marriott properties. We stayed here before about 7 years ago, and had a very delightful stay. This time this hotel let us down for one reason and one reason only. Their housekeeping services were atrocious. Despite calling down to the front desk and actually stopping down two other times, we had no housekeeping services for two entire days of our three night stay. That meant we ran out of towels, shampoo and soap. Fortunately, we did not run out of TP, but it was close. Why housekeeping chose to ignore our room is a mystery, but it was very disappointing.

Another nit is the new toilet. It is extremely loud when flushing it. In fact we could hear the toilets being flushed in adjacent rooms and above us. It operates under high air pressure. I would assume there is an adjustment that can be made to make them quieter and still operate effectively. This is a problem!

On the plus side the restaurant staff was terrific. In particular Shannon was very attentive and friendly during breakfast both days. Alexa at the front desk and concierge lounge, doing double duty, was also extremely friendly and helpful.

This is a big hotel with a lot going on. Seems like senior management needs to insure that all aspects of the hotel's services are properly staffed and quality expectations are reinforced. All of this can be fixed.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Wow, this hotel was outstanding. Amazing theme and attention to detail throughout Marriott’s property. Everything was exceptional. Great lobby, great room with huge flat screen T.V. ( must of been a 60”)Standing shower with sliding glass door, beds was so comfortable and sheets was silky soft.Grounds was well maintained and the best part of it all in my opinion was every staff member in this hotel is very professional and greeted you with a smile.Well done Marriott, definitely will be back!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings, and were not disappointed. The fact that this was a very new hotel made a huge difference. The room was clean and quiet, with nice bed and linens. Good bathroom, although I did not recognize the brand of amenities, and didn't love the scent. Extra towels would have been nice. We had reserved a "Club Room", but it turned out that the Club was not open on weekends, so we received breakfast in the dining room instead. The buffet was fine, and we could also order other items from the kitchen. Being on the 8th floor, we did not experience any highway noise, even though this hotel is not far from I-79, nor were we bothered by the wedding party on the ground floor. The one thing that did bother me was the noise from the air handling system. There was a pretty standard system in the room, but each time the a/c came on, which was often, the fan was very loud. I wish hotels would solve this issue, as the noise interfered with a good night's sleep. Otherwise, I think this is the best option in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple