“Hotel Excellent, Staff Even Better”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I was part of a tour group attending the U.S. Schoolboy Rugby Championships. I had two boys with me on the trip. From the team banquet to breakfast in the morning everything was handled seamlessly by the hotel. From my personnel point of view nothing was too much effort for the staff. This included last minute plan changes that were all accommodated easily.

• Stayed: May 2009

Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed one night in this hotel and were very impressed. It's very easy to find off the highway, so we had no problems with getting lost trying to find it.

Check in was very easy and quick. We were there with a lacrosse team, and I was pleasantly surprised how well organized the employees at the front desk were at handling a lot of parents, players and coaches checking in. We were assigned a room with one king and a pull out sofa bed. I had asked for 2 double beds, but by the time I made the booking, there were no rooms available matching my request. However, the king room we were given was great. They even had the pull out sofa bed already made up as a bed. No phone call necessary to call for sheets (which I had assumed I'd need to do). Our king bed and pillows were very comfortable, as was the pull out sofa bed (according to my 13 yr. old son).

The kids swam for about an hour in the indoor pool and loved it. It's a good size pool with enough room for quite a few chairs in the pool area.

We also had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were impressed with it. It's a typical hotel restaurant, but it's a pretty good one. The salads are huge (at least my husband's steak one was), and my sandwich (grilled chicken with balsamic dressing marinade) was great. The breakfast buffet the next morning was also very nice. They didn't have pancakes on the buffet (which my 13 yr. old wanted) so the waitress had them make him some in the kitchen and brought them right out.

The business center was closed for some maintenance issue, so they gave us free wi fi in our room, which worked out even better for us. Very good customer service.

I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Very nice condition in the lobby area and friendly and helpful front desk.

I travel for business and the room rate($214) was not worth the stay. Small outdated rooms, old tv's, $10/night for slow internet. The fitness room was very outdated and the machines were old. They did have free-weights though. The restaurant was nothing to speak of in terms of quality of food and it was over priced, but that is to be expected at Marriott. The breakfast was fine nothing spectacular but an additional 13.95.

There are definitely better hotels in the area that are close by that are just as nice and don't nickel and dime you with very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Positives:
Excellent condition of property and rooms
Courteous and efficient front desk
Extra kindness: milk and cookies in each room due to it being the holidays

Negatives:
Pricey: $130 per night. slightly less with AARP or AAA
Breakfast buffet dishes for guest use not uniformly clean
Breakfast buffet at $13.95 per person seeemd high for what was provided (good selection but no egg chef, limited fruit choices)

Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2007

when we arrived, so of the groomsmen and their parents were in the bar for a few drinks. we decided to check in first and go and drop our stuff off in the room. They gave us a key to a suite we thought we had(we booked a 400 dollar room, with a soaking tub, champage, strawberries, the whole nine yards. and you"d think for 400 dollars, it better have that stuff in it) My new husband and I, and my two cousins carried stuff into "our dream suite" to find it was handicap, no champagne, no tub( a walk in shower)..nothing....we went back and said something, they gave us a top floor room, for 49 dollars a night(we only stayed one night) we asked for a bottle of champage(which they claim they offered)...we went up..had no soaking tub, we could of had the same room at the motel 6 basically. We ended up going down to the bar to meet some friends, we were starving because we didnt really have much time to eat at the wedding..sat down, asked the bartender if we could order food, he said the kitchen was closed...we asked if he sold any chips or any little bags on peanuts or anything, just to kindof keep us at bay., he said agian, the ,kitchen is closed. I instead got a diet coke...the bartender would go off and be out of sight for 10 minutes at a time, then my husbands best man's parents ended up getting us mcdonalds to eat,. in our hotel room, which by the way only had a few selec channels( it went from 2-32..then from 32-60 then back to 2)....and the claim we never booked that room, and that they offered us stuff and we said no, None of that ever happened, and I have witness's to back up my experience.the marriot is suppose to be a nice hotel, awesome service and what not...But it was far from that..If you plan on staying in cranberry township, I would really advise you to stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lucy1204
Reviewed November 12, 2007

The Marriott is a nice, clean hotel, but my only complaint is the price. The rooms were average, and I feel I could have stayed elsewhere for a lower price.

I travel a lot on business, and this is the first hotel I stayed at in the last 3 years in the United States and Canada that charges for internet access - and it was $10 a day at that!

The hotel is also "isolated" for those who like to walk to a restaurant or shopping in the evening. It is on a busy highway, and shopping is close, but not in walking distance.

I have switched my hotel in this area to one with free internet, and about half the price in Monaca, PA.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My wife and I just needed a night away, and we could not have asked for a more satisying experience than what we had at this Marriott. Though a bit on the pricey side, we felt well taken care of from check in to check out. We paid the extra $25 for a Conceirge level room, and it was well worth it with excellent appetizers, delicious deserts, and a superb breakfast buffet. Our room was of ample size and as clean and well taken care of as any hotel room we have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in some very nice places). Maybe most important to us, the bed was extremely comfortable. We highly recommend Pittsburgh Marriott North.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple