“Great Hotel, Great Value”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I spent one night just to get away and relax. Upon check in, my Marriott Gold status was recognized. I was upgraded to the concierge floor with private access. I was given complimentary wifi, a voucher for the breakfast buffet since the concierge lounge is closed on weekends. The clerk even walked me to the elevator. The room was very nice, immaculately clean, and nicely furnished. The bed was the usual plush, soft Marriott quality. Even had a bathrobe. The bathroom was small but nice. Had some higher end bath products.
There was a decent sized fitness room, and a small indoor pool.
The restaurant and bar were nice. Didn't have dinner, just a couple beers, but the food looked and smelled good. The breakfast buffet was great, with lots of choices, plus a made to order egg/omelette station.
There were a lot of events going on, and some teams staying there, but the concierge floor was quiet.
I enjoyed my stay, and weekend rates are usually a good deal.
The only little issue would be the TV. It's a nice flat screen with a decent selection of channels, but very few are in HD. Most had the lousy analog picture. Wouldn't be too difficult to rectify this issue.
I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Good evening!

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear about all the great experiences that you had here, and I want you to know that I will be sharing all of them with the team here. We are dedicated to ensuring 100% guest satisfaction, and hearing positive comments definitely goes a long way!

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I never write reviews, but this hotel certainly deserves it! I stayed here for the first time recently with a group of 10 ladies for a bachelorette party outing. Not only was the hotel beautiful (and the rates reasonable!), the staff was by far the best I have ever encountered at any hotel. A few examples: our group had dinner leftovers that needed refrigerated, and so the staff delivered mini fridges to our rooms. We had a toilet clogging situation and also needed a cot, both of which were resolved very quickly by a very pleasant gentleman staff member. We stopped at the front desk to ask for recommendations for a place to go out for drinks, and the front desk staff (Brittany, Clarence..and Steve I think?) went above and beyond by not only giving us a great recommendation but also calling us cabs and then calling our rooms when the cabs arrived. Our breakfast the next morning was also delicious, and the additional amenities (although we did not have a chance to use them) seemed very nice. Thank you, thank you for making our stay so wonderful! I look forward to staying at this Marriott again next time I travel to Pittsburgh/Cranberry area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good evening,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your previous stay with us here at the Pittsburgh Marriott North! I am definitely going to be sharing these comments with the team here, and would like you to know that we would love to be able to serve you again in the near future if you are in the area!

Have a great week!

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had a business partner meeting in Cranberry and stayed here. This hotel is 100% nice - Rooms, Concierge Lounge, Fitness Center, Pool, and Restaurant. There is a massive open area in the lobby with tables and chairs to have meetings with colleagues. And the staff is wonderful - they appreciate the clients they serve!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Good evening!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sure to share your comments with the team here. Was there anything in particular that we could have done better to achieve a score of "5" overall? We are always looking for feedback to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. We look forward to your feedback!

Thank you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed there over valentines day and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful. The lobby is so pretty and a wonderful place to sit and chat. The pool is nice if you have kids who like to swim. The only thing with the pool is that the water is not super warm. I would definitely come back.

Stayed February 2014
Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Pittsburgh Marriott North! I will be sure to share your comments with the team here, as they definitely take pride in the service they provide to our guests!

We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

As a frequent traveler that is away from home (5-10 days per month), it can get rough out there. Your homesick, tired, and at the end of the day you want to relax and feel at home. On this particular day, I had reservations at a different marriott up the road and upon arriving at 5pm was told that "I got bumped due to reservation changes." Being a platinum elite member of the Marriott family, this is definitely out of the ordinary, as rooms are often kept on reserve for platinum guests. Fairfield could not give me an explanation and even checked in another guest in front of me after I had been told I got bumped!!! Irate, furious... not only am I exhausted, I now feel that my status means nothing. Well at the right property, it does. I got to the Marriott Pittsburgh North in Cranberry Twsp and was greeted by Steve and Brittany with sympathy and an immediate solution. They went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was comfortable and that I was taken care of more than I could ask for. The experience I had was a great reminder of why I stay loyal to Marriott. I will continue to book at this location when I visit Pittsburgh for the hospitality, superb customer experience and truly making a travel day feel more like home.

• Stayed March 2014
Good evening!

I would like to thank you for your generous review about your recent stay with us! I will definitely be sharing your comments with the team, and specifically Steve and Brittany!

We hope to be able to serve you again soon!

Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visit this area 2-3 times per year and often stay at this Mariott. The staff are outstanding and the hotel is very well run and maintained. Rooms are clean and comfortable, food quality and selection is good, and fitness facility also very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Good morning,

I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of our hotel! It is because of feedback such as yours that we are able to improve on our operation to make it the best possible for all of our guests.

I am very happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory and that you enjoyed breakfast and the fitness center. Is there anything that we could have done to achieve a "5" rating from you? If so, we would love to hear about it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Asst. General Manager
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Almost every aspect of our stay was exceptional. Lobby was beautiful, spacious and clean. All employees were very polite and there were several managers in lobby greeting, cleaning, etc. Our room was big and the bedding was so comfortable. I did notice a heavy coating of dust on everything. Lamps, tables, tv, carpet, pictures..not a huge deal. Then in the bathroom along with heavy dust on towel rack there were short hairs. On and in sink, all over the floor, toilet and shower. The toilet had urine all around the tabs connecting seat and on bottom of base. I was pretty grossed out. When I shower at a hotel the only hair I want to see is mine. Luckily this is an easy fix. Head of housekeeping should be inspecting every room after housekeeping cleans and should train on how to properly clean a room. Other than these details everything else was great. The breakfast was very good. We were disappointed at the size of the pool and the lack of a hottub. I hope this post helps management iron out the issues we experienced.

• Stayed February 2014