“Older hotel, but clean, and nice staff”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure when the hotel was built, but it does seem an older version -decor, carpeting/ wallpaper/ bathroom in rooms. This is not a knock, just an observation. The hotel was very clean. And the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful and always appeared to be well staffed. Agree with the other reviewer about the bartender giving a "put out" vibe initially, but eventually coming around. I had the same experience. Gym was also decently equipped. And my room was very large and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kristofer C, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you very much for the good review and for staying with us recently. I was very happy with the great comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. You will be happy to know that we are in the planning stages of a rennovation that will upgrade our rooms as well as some of the other public spaces to a more modern look. We greatly look forward to seeing you again and if there is anything else I can help you with please let us know.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the last 10 years . The rooms are standard Marriott .The bathrooms could use updating they are small. The club lounge this trip was very disappointing . The hot food was less that appetizing . It was around 630 at night and a couple of quest were holding a conference call in the room and were very loud to the point you could not hear the news on the TV . I spoke to the lounge manager and she told me they have no policy for things like that. I ended up going to the bar down stairs and it did not start out to well there the bar tender seem put out that i would ask for a drink. His attitude did change by the time I left and it was okay. The night manager did call and talk to me about the lounge problem. The hotel over all is nice. It is a bit of a toss up to stay here or look at some of the other properties around the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us this last week. I am glad to see the management team responded to your situations while here. I was saddened to see what occurred while you are here and we will be discussing these in great detail. I also want you to know that we are in the planning stages right now of a major rennovation for the rooms and some more of the public areas similar to our new Great Room and Starbucks Kiosk. I look forward to seeing you again in the future and if there is anything we can help you with please let us know.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Perfect from check in to check out. location was perfect for travelers, right off the interstate and easy in and out. Great rates for our group.....Stayed 2 nights but didn't stay at the hotel much. They did have a very nice outdoor area with a fire ring......Very Nice and Clean, if ever in the area again will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kristofer C, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback about your stay. It sounds like you were a busy traveler and were able to enjoy alot of what the area had to offer. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with again in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Booked the Marriott Pittsburgh North to try another of the many options in the Cranberry/Seven Fields area. For a Marriott brand hotel it was not up to the standards experienced at other Marriott locations. Overall facility was clean but rooms were basic at best. Nothing really to separate this facility from any of the many other options in the area. Having stayed at most of the others the adjacent Courtyard by Marriott or the Four Points Sheraton are far better value for the average nightly rate. We thought the Marriott brand would be a somewhat higher level or standard than the other 3 star hotels but sadly not. Too bad as the area really could use a hotel that does rise above the rest!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for your feedback about your stay. I was saddened to see your notes about the stay as I would have hoped our award winning service and clean friendly environment would have been enjoyed by you and your guests. We did recently rennovate the atrium, restaurant and added the Starbucks coffee kiosk and will look at a few more enhancements in the near future. I hope that we get the see you again in the future and if there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a three day stay here recently for a business event. This is a much better than normal Marriott hotel. The staff really cares and the service level is five stars. I would have gone five stars overall if: 1) the Starbucks kiosk was open until 5pm, instead of closing at Noon; 2) I'd work on the security lighting -- shines a bit too much into the rooms.

But our event was a big success and we were very well supported by the staff at all times. They are very helpful and friendly.

I liked the gym. I thought the location was good with Chick-Fil-A and a very good Asian restaurant nearby (Jimmy Wan's). Target is across the street. Close to the Interstate. If you were on personal travel and more budget-oriented, there is a Courtyard by Marriott next door that looks very new and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words especially about the service. We are really lucky to have such a great team here of people who very much care about our hotel and our guests. I do want you to know that even though we do not have an attendent later in the day for Starbucks all of our Restaurant staff are training and work Starbucks as well and can make the coffee's anytime of the day when the restaurant is open as well. I will also look into the lights however alot of the reason they are there is obviously for security which is extremely important however we may be able to look at more modern lights with our next rennovation.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you're traveling on Business in the Cranberry Township area, this is an ideal place to stay. It's a great value if you're getting a corporate discount, and there are a number of meeting rooms available.

The front desk service is top notch, and is always eager and available to give advice on what to do in the area. My room was very quiet, and immaculate. No little surprises under the beds or in the drawers. Water pressure in the shower was great, and the bed was very comfortable. A special nod goes to the covers. Very soft and warm. High speed internet, which was an extra $10 a day, was actually fairly high speed, not the 300k/100k I've experienced at other hotels. It was also up the entire time. No drops or downtime.

There's a small pool and a small exercise room with the basics. I didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't speculate on the food, but the bartender was knowledgeable, and there's a nightly drink special, so that's a plus. In the mornings there's a Starbucks kiosk in the hotel, so if you're going for basic coffee and sticky bun, you're good. Otherwise you'll need to eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

SCTraveler2010 thank you for the great review. It looks like you know our hotel well and I really appreciate you visiting us. We are lucky to have great staff and I greatly appreciate the kind words in regards. If there is ever anything we can do to make it even better please let me know. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean, tidy, and newly renovated. The entry had a beautiful fountain and seating area. Great food in the restaurant with a dinner buffet that was convenient. Our shower head was broken but the front desk sent maintenance up right away to fix it. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
PittsMarriottAGM, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and feedback. I was sorry to hear what happened to your shower head however very happy about the response from the team. We are very lucky here to have such great team members and are very greatful to have the oppotunity to take care of you. I am glad you also were able to enjoy the great value of our Dinner buffet on the weekends. We will even be enhancing it more in June so we hope to see you back soon.