“Great stay”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The husband and I stayed here for a small weekend get away. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk with two days breakfast buffet coupons. What a great way to start our stay. The hotel/our room was clean and comfortable. We went down to the pool and it was completely empty, so we were able to enjoy it by ourselves. The free buffet we enjoyed the next morning was delicious and since they were not busy all hot items we made to order. The hotel has a great location, we made it in and out of Pittsburgh easily. We also enjoyed some cookies that were in our room upon checking in, another great touch after a long drive in.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
genmanagerpitno, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your great reivew on your recent stay. I was so happy to see that you were able to get a great weekend away and relax and were well taken care of. I am very lucky to have such great staff and certainly a beautiful hotel to enjoy. If there is anything you ever need again don't hesitate to contact me and let me know. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The Pittsburgh Marriott North is 15 miles north if downtown, located in a highly commercialized area with tons of shops and restaurants. The best part for us was the quick traffic North, with HOV lanes and a lack of the tunnel bottleneck that makes the trip south from downtown a longer trek.

The rooms are typical Marriott. We asked for an upgrade and enjoyed a suite. If its available, they might comp one. Don't pay the 50$ upgrade charge. It was waived for us. The pool was uncrowned and perfect for an evening swim.

Although the area is developed, the one funny disappointment was Pittsburgh Mills. Granted, the few stores open offered exceptional bargains and we were pleased with the 5$ early matinee movie price. However, the Mills us at best 30% occupied.

All in all, the location allows an easy out if the city and 1 minute access to the turnpike. We appreciated the upgrade and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Dhoove
genmanagerpitno, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Wow Thank You very much for the great review. We were so happy that you were able to not only enjoy our hotel but also Cranberry Township and the location to the city. If there is anything we could ever help you with please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to your next stay while with us.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were very disappointed with the service at this hotel. The security guard made everyone leave the bar because they decided to close early! While the staff did give us a credit for some of the bar tab I will probably not stay here again. They did not make us feel like valued customers at all.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rosiemoto

I am so sorry to hear your response about your stay with us in December. I was happy to hear that it looked like the staff tried to recover but certainly you had a bad taste in your mouth. While our Security team helps us look over the hotel and maintain a safe and secure location they are a third party security company and I will certainly communicate this back to them to ensure they keep a high level of hospitality that matches up with the rest of the hotel.

While I know this was troublesome I hope you don't take this as a full representation of the hotel and its overall service. If there is ever anything we can do for you I would like you to contact me directly so I can help you out with any further requests.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I were there for a conference this past weekend. We made reservations in July and asked the lady taking our reservation what to do with a Marriott gift card?? Do we give it to the hotel when we arrive or over the phone prior to going. She said when we arrive, show them the gift card. We spent $200.00 in Marriott gift cards to receive fuel perks from a local grocery store. Arrived at the Marriott, showed them the card and our confirmation email with the time and date of the reservation. The manager, Chris Herring was confused as to what it was and when we told him it was a gift card, he responded he never saw one like this before??? He finally said "oh yeah, you can't use these on discounted rooms (who pays full price anymore???). I asked why the lady making the reservation didn't tell me that. He wanted her name. I showed him the confirmation email and he said "this is an off site agency" . He was flippant, rude, obnoxious to a point. He told us we could use our $200.00 for room service!! We called that minute and left a message with General Manager, Mr. Antonucci asking him to call us before we left on Sunday morning. No call until Monday at 11:40am by Mr. Antonucci on our machine, telling us he was busy all weekend. We were told by Chris Herring that Mr. Antonucci worked at the hotel 7 days a week but when we went down Saturday in the a.m., we were told, he came in in street clothes for a moment and left. We asked to speak to Jill Black, she never returned our call either. We were helping promote an event that took place at this Marriott but we will not do that again. We will promote the event at the Hilton in Monroeville. Nobody deserves that kind of service. You will write back to us and let us know that it is written on the back of the gift card that you can't use this gift card for reduced rates. That comes after a VERY LONG paragraph of how it can be used at ALL marriott hotels. Whoever does this gift card should put the exclusions first..it appears to be a scam because Marriott told us there are two types of gift cards and this one can be used for food and for regularly priced rooms (which don't exist anymore) and "that this happens all the time". Second of all the person who took my reservation should have told me about the gift card not being used for discounted rates and third of all, if someone IN CHARGE would have showed empathy for our situation, we probably would have never written a formal complaint to the Marriott Corporation. This hotel is defintely NOT recommended unfortunately not due to Jessica at the desk or any of the housecleaning or dining staff, it was all upper management that failed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Porter200
genmanagerpitno, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Boy, could we have done a better job with communicating the policies of the hotel as well as Marriott International. Based on your feedback I am planning on sending an email to Marriott International to inform them that you have notified us about how difficult to read the back of the Travel cards, that it does not apple to group rated or special room rates established. I am also going to ask our sales contact to ensure we highlight in all the contracts that we do not except travel cards for special discounts or group rated rooms.

Based on the fact that we could have done a better job handling communicating our policy I would like to invite you back as our guest based on availablity. I hope our desire to make right your experience right demonstrates how much we appreciate your business and value your loyalty. If you would like to take me up on my offer please contact me directly so I may handle your reservation personally. Regards

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently attended a convention at this hotel & hosted one of the several hospitality rooms for the convention attendees. Although we did not stay at the hotel, we were there most of the day & evening attending meetings and hosting the HR. The check in was seamless, with a nice touch of the desk staff coming around from behind the desk to give guests their keys & provide directions. Our hospitality room was ready by noon as promised. Our requests for additional tables & chairs was quickly fullfilled. Very often at these conventions our biggest challenge is keeping a sufficient supply of ice in the room to chill beverages as well as for serving drinks. The hotel provided large quantities of ice to all the hospitality rooms at intervals throughout the day, something we have always had to beg for or pay dearly for in other venues.
Additionally, all the hospitality rooms were grouped in the same hallway, with only convention attendees occupying personal rooms in the same hall. This prevented our disturbing any families or non-convention guests when the rooms were open for socializing. Very well planned.
I can't say enough about the friendliness and responsivness of the hotel staff. We ran one young man named Travis around with our requests for chairs, tables and ice, and he and all his co-workers provided all we needed efficiently and politely. Very refreshing in this day of waning customer service. The meeting rooms were very nice, and again, requests for extra chairs swiflty responded to when needed. Our organization has used this hotel for conventions in the past, and I trust we will again in the future thanks to their impressive customer service.

1  Thank htbharry

Wow Thank You so much for the great response and wonderful feedback. It is so wonderful to hear the great things about our hotel especially regarding the staff. We are very lucky to have wonderful people that work at the hotel such as Travis and can't tell you how much we appreciate hearing about it. If there is anything I can ever do for you please do not hesitate to reach out and let me know. We look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the most expensive hotel in Cranberry but does not offer any premium amenities or service for the price. I have stayed here a couple of times on business when all other hotels in town are full. The staff is consistently standoffish. The fitness center is overflowing with people in the morning. The beds are old and lumpy. You are next to a noisy highway and a construction site and the windows are not soundproofed. Newspapers are not delivered or easy to find in the lobby.

Room Tip: There is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn down the street
2  Thank Calsee
genmanagerpitno, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Calsee,

I appreciate your honest and candid feedback about your experience staying at the Pittsburgh Marriott North at Cranberry Woods the last time you traveled to our area on business. All I can do at this point is to let you know that I stand behind our satisfaction guarantee policy and based on that I would like to invite you back as our guest based on availability the next time you return back to the Pittsburgh area. If I am afforded another opportunity to show you what real Pittsburgh Marriott North hospitality is all about I would appreciate you calling me directly so I can handle your reservation personally.

Regards,
Ronald A. Antonucci
Pittsburgh Marriott North at Cranberry Woods
100 Cranberry Woods Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(724) 772-3700

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Attended conference and was one of the better places I have attended one. The rooms are nice and they are layed out well. The lobby is very nice and has seating. The food at the conference was good. The staff was good and the rooms wer clean.

1  Thank Frank G

Thank You so much for the feedback and good review during your conference while with us. It is mostly gratifying to hear about the staff and the cleanliness as these are areas we take major pride in. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help or assist you with. We greatly look forward to hosting another event with you again and certainly will work for a 5 star rating this time.