“People were so friendly that I thought I was in San Diego!”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Boston, Massachusetts
“People were so friendly that I thought I was in San Diego!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Really nice hotel where the people were as friendly as I've met in years in the hotel industry. Congratulations to the manager, you have an awesome staff! Front desk, housekeeping and the restaurant staf were wonderful. Well done and thanks! We will be returning.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a weekend marriage conference with hundreds of couples here. The hotel is beautiful, staff very friendly and professional, and I liked the lobby area with all the fountains and chairs. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was very good. Pool is nice and fitness center had lots of equipment. Great location. Nice areas to walk around the hotel. A great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kteacher10
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I cannot say enough about the service at this hotel. We stayed for a nephew's wedding & were literally asked by every person in the hotel if they could do something for us. The maids were cordial, maintenance was wonderful & we did not have any maintenance issues. I was extremely amazed. All I can say is this is great management.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 13, 2011

After getting married in Jamaica back in early October, we held our wedding reception here, and spent the night.

We were able to check-in about 60 minutes early so we had access to the room to get ready.

The room was clean, and decently sized. The room decor was typical - perhaps a bit boring.

The banquet facilities were very nice, as was the staff.

We ordered room service for breakfast and after waking early we were able to move up the delivery time by about an hour with no problems.

If I was staying in a hotel in this area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Pa.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed for 3 days at the Marriott North for a Red Hat event. I can not say enough good about the staff. They treat each guest like they are the most important guest there - they would go out of their way to help. Check in & check out were very quick. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Our lady from housekeeping was Paula and she did an excelent job at taking care of our room and was very friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and nice size. I can not say one negative thing about the rooms. I ate all my meals at the banquets - the food varied from just okay to not very good, so I can not give a comment on the restaurant quality. The wonderful service we received at the banquets did made up for what was lacking in the meals. I would like to try their restaurant because it always smelled so good as we walked past, I feel this Marriott is a credit to the Marriott name, and gives you what you expect when staying at a Marriott, if not more. I would stay there again when in that area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I am from Pittsburgh and have driven past this hotel many times. I stayed here recently for a wedding and it was a really nice experience. The lobby/bar is gorgeous and I loved walking in to the plush digs. The staff was pleasant, I checked in quickly and the guest services employee came out from behind the desk to show us where the elevators were. Very professional. I was impressed. The value of the room was great. The room was nice, huge bed, very plush bedding, nice furniture and great bathroom. Even the products in the bathroom were nice Bath and Body Works. Very nice!! Our block booked it at $129 per night so with tax it was $140. That seems high for some people but I don't mind paying more for a great location, plush amenities, great bar/restaurant, and lovely bedding. Worth the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dormont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2011

It is typical to find such average, run down hotels or motels in suburbia and especially at interstate interchanges. But this hotel is beautiful, but it also isn't very old, either. Attentive and polite staff, top notch special event director and well situated and easy to find with great highway access. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2011