“Nice hotel.”

Pittsburgh Marriott North
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My Mom and I stayed at this hotel June 7th through the 10th. We were visiting my sister who had just had a baby. The area was booked due to different conventions in the area but we were able to get one of the last rooms at the Marriott.

We ended up getting on the road late and called the Marriott to see if we could have late check in. They told us it was a good thing that we called because they were booked . So they put us down for a 10pm check in.

We arrived at 10:20 and they had our room waiting. The front desk was very nice. Since some hotels with coffee makers only provide the powdered creamer, I wanted to make sure I had some liquid creamer. I asked the front desk lady if they had any and she went and got me a whole handful.

We stayed in Room 732. The elevators were quick . We needed our key to access floors 6 through 8. We had also requested a refrigerator for the room . They do not have them in the rooms but saw on the website that you could request one. It was there waiting for us in the room.

We had two double beds with the big fluffy comforters on them . We put our luggage in the bathtub and proceeded to do the "bed bug check". I am very paranoid about them. We pulled off all the covers and inspected the mattresses. We lifted the mattresses and looked underneath. We looked at the mattress tags, behind the headboards, in the drawers and under the bedskirt. It was the best we could do and didn't see anything.

The bed was comfortable. My mom slept like a baby she said. It was more mushy then what I was used too, but it was comfortable. I didn't sleep well the first night due to my paranoia with the bed bugs. The air worked great and was quiet.

The bathroom products are bath and body works which I was excited about. However I wasn't nuts about the scent. It was citrus or something like that. There was a little coffee maker in the room and they did have liquid creamer!

They had a breakfast thing you could put on your door. We wanted coffee the next morning so we ordered a small pot of coffee. We called down to the front desk to ask how many cups a small pot would be..he had no clue. Anyhow we ended up ordering the "continental breakfast". It had danish and a small pot of coffee for $9.00. For just the small part is was $7.25. Quite pricey. We weren't sure about how much coffee was in the small pot so we put *for 2* on it. We had it come between 6am and 6:15 am.

Room service called at 5:45 am. The phone was this horribly loud obnoxious ring. It scared us to death!! So for future guests...watch out if you want a wake up call! haha...it isn't pleasant..although you will wake up. Anyhow apparently we confused room service so she just wanted to be sure what we were ordering. She was really chipper.

They brought it right up and the room service lady was REALLY chipper for 6 am. We had the coffee and it was horrible. There were three large danish(I think it was cheese and raspberry filled). They were pretty good . It also had strawberries.

We thought the bathroom floor was a little unclean when we got there..but everything else was clean. We left and didn't come back until 10 that night.

We had my sister's coffee maker this time and dunkin donuts coffee so our next morning's coffee was great. We also left a tip for our maid and she wrote us back thanking us . Our room was pretty spotless. Again, I checked for bed bugs.

The last night we were there..we returned the coffee maker to my sister so we had to brave the room service coffee again.This time I didn't check for bed bugs..haha. They never gave us back the room service sheet to hang outside the door...so we had to call the front desk. They brought one up right away.

The tv channels were fine. They had hbo and a good variety. The tv was a nice clear picture. They had wifi for a fee I believe. We didn't use it..I had my phone which got internet fine.

The next morning we got our coffee. This time it was somewhat better. We didn't know if they just didn't make it right or it was old? We checked out on the tv.

WE went downstairs gave the front desk our keys and went and had breakfast in the restaurant. It was the River City Grille. They had a buffet for 15 dollars a piece. That was pricey!!

We were waiting and no one would seat us. I found someone and asked if we just seated ourselves. She told me no and that someone would be right there. The lady came and sat the guy that came after us and told us she would be right back. We stood there for another 10 minutes. ..until we were finally seated. They had four girls working..but they seemed like they were really busy...even though there weren't a lot of people. The lady who sat us took our order. We did the buffet. They had eggs,yogurt, cereal, french toast, fruit, danish, sausage, turkey and home fries. They didn't have any toast , which I thought was weird. We had coffee and juice. Then another lady came over and asked us if we needed anything and gave us the check.

The food wasn't good. The home fries were gross. The food was barely warm and we certainly didn't feel like we ate 15 dollars worth of food. Then a different lady came and told us she was our waitress and picked up the check. We didn't know who to tip. ..

So all in all, it was a nice hotel and the room was bed bug free(as far as I know). The food was lousy..but it doesn't really surprise me with hotel food. I would stay there again. There was a pool , but we didn't go so I don't know what it looked like. The lobby was pretty and it was very quiet...well except for the phones!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2011

We just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel. We were VERY surprised with this hotel and it's staff. The room was extremely clean and had minimal wear if any at all. In fact, the room (#132) looked practically new! I'm not sure if they recently refurbished this hotel or not , but it was that nice. All the staff were encountered greeted you and were very friendly.

We stayed in a first floor room right near the main entrance and thought that we might have some noise issues. We had no issues with noise at all. The next morning we tried their free breakfast. I have been to a lot of hotels which offer free breakfasts', but this topped them all. I'm not saying that there were a million choices, but the cleanliness of the area was impressive. I did not see an area where there was food scattered, dripped or spilled anywhere, and that has always been an issue at other "free breakfast" hotels. I noticed the attendant made sure all the food was refilled and mishaps were cleaned up immediately.

I even used the hotel lobby/restaurant bathroom. This was a unisex bathroom and that was even spotless......Very impressive. Sorry, but I am a stickler for clean bathrooms.

Anyway, this hotel will perfect for our overnight stay....Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I've been visiting this hotel at least once a month for over a year on business travel and I am well pleased with the accommodations. First off, the hotel has a great location off of I-79 right by the turnpike (I-76). You can get to Pittsburgh within 20-30 minutes. It is also in Cranberry Township where there is a lot of restaurants and shopping. I've never had to wait at check in and the staff is always friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean and well kept. I also like that it is a generally quiet hotel at night. Overall, this is one of my favorite places to stay at for business travel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I travel quite a bit for business. I like to stay at Marriotts because they are very consistent. This particular one is one of the best. The service is always friendly. The staff greets everyone with a smile and they speak when you pass in the hall. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I personally like a foam pillow which is not standard in the room but they ensure one one the bed at arrival.

I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2011

A special ''Thank You to Richard Antestenis for the w
onderful, caring hospitality..WE stay at Marriots all over the world, but you are number 1... God Bless you. Have a blessed week.. John & Kimberly Jennings....

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have stayed here many times. The staff is consistently professional. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable. Access is convenient from the Interstate. The parking is also convenient. Departure can be brutal, the drivers coming off 228 can be ridiculously reckless but this is not the hotel's fault.
The restaurant/bar is congenial and generally well priced.
One time an airline lost our luggage and were quite reluctant to pursue finding it. A staff member generously volunteered to chase down the errant bag and airline while we were at a funeral, a service I quite appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2011

It is what it is. A standard business hotel near multiple office parks. However, the high rating is thanks to a pool and great gym with free weights, multiple cardio machines, exercise balls and a pull-up machine.

Room service menu is NOT good for vegetarians or health food nuts! Be sure to stop at a market before you arrive and request a mini fridge for your room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business