“Poor service, poor food quality, long wait time for food”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Cuisines: American
Toronto
“Poor service, poor food quality, long wait time for food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came here on a Saturday morning at around 10:00am and the place was quite busy, so we waited about 10 minutes to be seated, which was expected. When we got seated, the server (lady in her late-30's, early 40's, tall, blonde hair, with dark lipstick who looked like Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad) greeted us and took our drink order. She brought the drinks promptly and took our food order. We waited... waited... by this time, it had been about 15 minutes since we placed our order... still waited... and the food finally arrived after about 20 minutes, no word of a lie.

When the food arrived, my husband was not happy. He ordered his hash browns "well done" and when they arrived, they were undercooked. So she ordered him another plate of well-done hash browns. She came back a few moments later, and the second plate of hash browns were burnt to a crisp. My husband joked that he should have specified what "well done" meant but really, this was the first time we had encountered such a situation at Denny's so we didn't think they would get it wrong on the 2nd try. He didn't send them back and just ate what he could (about half the portion, the other half was not edible). Anna Gunn lookalike came back to check up on us and asked if we wanted to order anything else, and we said we were fine, so she brought us the check and told us to take our time. Then my husband says to me, "hey, where's your fruit?", and reminded me that I had not received the fruit I had ordered with my meal with our initial order and she brought us the check before bringing the fruit! Bad mistake! So I flagged her over and asked her when I should expect my fruit and she didn't apologize for forgetting when it was evident that she forgotten since she had already brought over the check. So I received my fruit, ate it, and we cashed out. The cashier asked, "how was everything?" and my husband said, "it was okay", in a displeasing tone, and as he was saying that, some other server came over to speak to the cashier and she was talking to him while she was cashing us out so she didn't even hear what my husband had said! How rude! She didn't apologize for not hearing us, instead, just continued to cash us out as if nothing had happened, so we gave her the money and left. WOW. The cashier's name was Ashley, according to the bill.

My overall experience at this Denny's was quite unsatisfactory. Food quality was poor, service was beyond poor, from the server to the kitchen to the cashier. This is the worst Denny's I have ever been to and I've been to many so that's a bold statement! I would not recommend anyone to come here, period.

Visited October 2013

Youngstown, Ohio
“Everyone was mad.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everything about this meal was terrible. All the staff seemed mad at something. Our waitress when she finally came over took our order and we didn't see her again untill another waitress finally brought us our food. The food was okay but I have a feeling the kitchen was under staffed. There was a wait to get seated because tables weren't being cleared and everyone around us including us had to wait forever for their food and drinks. I have never had such bad service at a Denny's before. And except for coming by and cracking a smart-alack comment to us, after her order was brought out by someone else, we didn't see our waitress again, we had to get our tab from someone else. something was not going right at that restaurant. Even the manager didn't even have his name posted as manager on duty, he probably didn't want anyone to know who he was.

Visited August 2013
Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Okay experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The restaurant was freezing! We arrived a bit late @ 9pm.

Our server had obviously had a tough night as she complained to her boss within earshot that people were only ordering salads or desserts. That probably hurt her tips.

Our food was very good, but took a bit longer than I would have imagined for unlimited pancakes and a salad.

Our server gave good service, but hearing her complain to her boss hurt the experience.

Visited July 2013
Harmony
“Worst coffee EVER!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Service was slow - food was pretty good. BUT THE COFFEE IS TERRIBLE. Our server told us it's their NEW blend -- we had the mild which looked like tar and tasted even worse. The server said she's had several complaints about it. We won't go back till the coffee is changed.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ruth P
Toronto, Ohio
“Always good”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I do not live near a Denny's so I stop when one is nearby. The place was slow for a Sunday. The food was good as always.

Visited March 2013