“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn. The young ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was a pleasant surprise, very spacious, clean and comfortable. The manager (Mitch) introduced himself and even introduced me to the young lady who was taking care of my room (Kim). Mitch went out of his way to ask if I had everything that I needed and even said to call him if there was anything he could do to make the stay more comfortable. The customer service exceeded some of the 5 star hotels I have been in. The bed is very comfortable and the desk space was great for doing online work in the evenings. I highly recommend this hotel and I will return the next time I am in town as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing my property. I am glad you enjioyed your stay with us. We treat all of our guests the same way. I will share your comments with Kim. She does a great job for all of her guests. I look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here overnight in May.
We were surprised at how nice the room was.
Clean, large, and quite nice. There was more than enough room.
No carpet in the room just a hardwood type of floor.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing my Inn. We take pride in giving all of our guests a clean comfortable room at all times. Our guest rooms are very spacious. The rooms average 24' X 16' in size. Many of my guests are pleasantly suprised by how much space they have. Much of my competition offers rooms with less space at a higher daily rate. This is just one of the many reasons Red Roof Inn is a great value to our guests. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to this area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have never stayed in a Red Roof Inn before, and felt it was pricey for what you got, but perhaps it was a more expensive area than I realized. The extra large king room was very spacious, and also was very clean, which I appreciated. I also appreciated the pet policy, as I was traveling with my golden retriever. My only complaint was that although it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, it absolutely REEKED of the smell of cigarettes. By the time I had carried everything in from my car, I could actually taste the cigarette smoke in my mouth. The very nice front desk attendant offered to change me to a different room, but I was tired from an 8 hour drive and declined. My mistake, as it made for a very uncomfortable stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I apologize for the cigarette smell in your guest room. We completely renovated this property earlier this year. At that time we became 100% smoke free. The vast majority of my guests applaud and adhere to our policies regarding designated smoking areas and not smoking in the rooms. Unfortunately there are some that show a total disregard for the consideration of others. At Red Roof Inns we have specific procedures to follow should we find a room that has been smoked in. I have spoken to all of my housekeepers concerning this procedure and we are working diligently to make sure this never happens again. Once agian I apologize for what ruined an otherwise perfect stay at my Inn.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean, Comfortable and good customer service. Our 4 legged friend accompanied us and we found adequate areas to walk him. There is also a large dog park within a mile or two of the hotel if you want to exercise your pet.

The fridge, microwave and coffee maker came in handy during our stay. We also found the parking to be plentiful even when the hotel was filled.

We were not bothered by the highway noise some folks complained about.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of my property. In addition to being clean, comfortable and a great value, Red Roof Inns has always been a pet friendly company. There is never a deposit for travelers with pets. We only ask that pets are not left unattended and that owners clean up after their animals. The design of this Inn is ideal for walking your pet and as you mentioned there is a nice dog park near by, Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights on a recent business trip. Never stayed in a Red Roof before, but was persuaded to do so by this sights reviews. Wasn't disappointed, large clean room with good desk space, internet access, comfortable bed, clean modern bathroom, serviced daily. Location is good for getting onto the highways, and plenty of places nearby to get a bite if needed. And importantly the value for money was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. This property was recently completely renovated. My guests are very pleased with the outcome. Our location allows easy access to all area destinations. We are also conveniently located near numerous restaurants and shopping centers. At Red Roof Inns, we strive to provide excellent lodging experiences to all of our guests. Value is a major component. We are clean and comfortable at all times and our rates are very reasonable. I am glad you tried us out and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Sayre PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this location first weekend in August had 2 rooms one for 3 night other one for 4 nights. Rooms were clean and neat both were equipped with Refrigerator, micro wave and coffee maker. The Inn does have number of quest that are there for longer times but posed no problem. Parking can be tight but acceptable for commercial vehicle they have them park on perimeter of lot and that works fine. Needed to ask for some extra towels and wash clothes and no problem getting them. easy access to Pa Turnpike and Rte 79. When checking in we were given a list of restaurants in Area that gave discounts to guests and we used that to our advantage. We were at Pittsburg International for an event and this worked fine. Little noise from highways or other guests. Not certain if AAA or AARP discounts offered and I forgot to ask.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of my property. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable and affordable lodging to all of our guests. I am glad you had the chance to sample some of the fine restaurants in our area. Many provide discounts to my guests. You mentioned easy access to US76 & US79. This location offers travelers effortless availability to Pittsburgh and all areas in southwest PA. Frequent travelers to this area are well aware of the bottlenecks caused by the numerous bridges and tunnels. Our location avoids most of them. Downtown, airport, points north and east, all easily accessed. Thank you again for your review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Pittsburgh.
Falling Waters, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you're looking to stay overnight in Cranberry, this Red Roof Inn is a good value. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room included a refrigerator, microwave and one-cup coffee maker. Everything was spotlessly clean. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and accommodated our wishes as to the location of the room. Even though the inn is right next to the PA Turnpike, we did not hear any highway noise. We also heard minimal noise from other guests in the inn.

There were only 2 negatives: 1) the Internet service was unpredictable. One time it would be fine and the next you could not access the Internet, even though the computer was connected to the network. We had to call the toll-free number to restore access (about a 15-minute call). However, they were able to restore our access. 2) Although the beds were very comfortable, the pillows were a bit hard.

For an overnight stay, this Red Roof is a good value, considering how expensive other lodgings have gotten in the Cranberry area. But with no pool or workout area, and no irons/ironing boards in the rooms, you might want to consider another location for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I am glad you found us very clean and comfortable. We take great pride in providing the same experience for all of our guests. I would like to apologize for the internet connection and the pillows. We are working with our internet provider to improve service. The pillows were brand new. They do seem a little firm right out of the box. At this location we offer irons and ironing boards in all of our Superior King rooms and have them available upon request for guests choosing a different room type. Red Roof Inns strives to keep our value high. If compared to many of our competitors in the area, our amenities are similar while our room rates are much lower. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you on your next viisit to our area.