“An ok stay for overnight”

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Westchester County, New York
“An ok stay for overnight”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this location for family reasons so the location was good, this is a 200 plus room hotel and we were in a back room directly across from a busy highway. We arrived when they were having a 'black out' and didn't want to stay when they didn't know when service would be restored. We did stay here the second night of our trip. (For the first night of our trip we were directed to another Red Roof Inn by the airport and didn't get the same price. The desk clerk was very polite but didn't warn us how far the distance was). The room furnishings were not all updated (only the tv, and sink vanity were) the flooring was a "vinyl wood" and the in room amenities were non existent as well as the breakfast (that was promised). The refrigerator was a very nice one, but the working microwave actually had a dial on it. The air conditioning was left on and the room was freezing, firstly we couldn't turn off the cold and turn on the heat and finally we just unplugged the unit. The heat was from a thermostat on the wall and the heat vents were actually on the opposite wall needless to say we had to have the hotel staff try to help get it running. After an hour it finally started to get warm. The room was clean but the toilet had brown either hard water stains or rust on the inside, and you could see where someone called themselves trying to clean the bath and surrounding walls. I'm just glad we were here for only one night, The next morning we were able to have breakfast at a very nearby place called Perkins that was very satisfactory. I would not recommend this place to anyone but for a little less than a hundred dollars $93.80 (discount) its passible for one night (my opinion).

Room Tip: I would suggest a front room in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I apologize for the power outage. It was a circumstance beyond our control that resulted in power loss to the entire area. We completely rennovated this Inn earlier this year. I am sorry you found our furnishings dated. You had mentioned that you were promised a continental breakfast. We do not offer a breakfast at this location. I will find the source of the false information and have it corrected. We do have separate heat and cool units at this hotel. I apologize for the confusion of operation. I am glad that you had a good breakfast at the nearby Perkin's.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was updated nicely. although vinyl flooring could be cold in winter. Nice access to Pittsburgh, only 20 min. from downtown. Pricey for a red roof, but not for the location. Turning on the air conditioner/heat will drown out interstate noise easily.

• Stayed June 2013
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. You are correct, our location is one of the best in the area. Guests may easily access both I-79 and I-76 as well as US19. Pittsburgh is an effortless drive from Cranberry Township. I-279 is a brand new highway with no construction in progress. No bottlenecks (tunnels and bridges) either. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area.
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as an overnighter after catching a Pirates game. Location was perfect, right off the highway. Check in was fast and friendly. Property was well cared for. Our room was on the smaller size but accommodated two adults and two kids nicely. Most importantly the room was clean. Price was average($82) and have seen many Red Roofs lower, even for a Saturday. Overall, a nice little stay.

• Stayed May 2013
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my property. Our location is perfect for quick access to all attractions in the area. Stadiums, museums, theaters, shopping... We are minutes from Pittsburgh. I am pleased you found the Inn well cared for. We take pride in providing excellent lodging experiences for all of our guests. I look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next visit to our area.
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stay here for work. Mindy at the front desk is always very helpful. The housekeeping staff is very thorough although the room I was assigned this trip I found that housekeeping had not completed it. Bed was stripped with clean linens piled on it. No clean towels. I was promptly given another room. I really like the renovations and upgrades that have been completed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of my property. I will pass your comments along to Mindy. She does an excellent job with all of her guests. I apologize for your room not being ready on your last trip. I am glad we were able to immediately correct your concern. Thank you again and we will see you on your next visit to our area.
Bloomfield HIlls, Mich USA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Clean, decent room at value price and convenient location. Being just off freeway is easy and also has downside. My room Had the WORST traffic noise and i barely got 1 hr sleep. My fault- I checked in at night and didn't realize how close my room was to freeway. Do NOT ever stay in room 119 unless you are hard of hearing. Likely other rooms closer to front are ok as the parking lot was full so lots of other people like to stay there.

Room Tip: As far from freeway as possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time comment on my property. I am glad that you found our guest rooms clean, comfortable and a good value. I am sorry the road noise intruded on what otherwise was an excellent stay. We are conveniently located . This allows easy access for all of my guests no matter which direction they arrive from. Our newly renovated rooms have drawn praise from all guests that have experienced them. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area. We will get you a room further away from the highway. Thank you again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was playing a professional golf tournament in Butler and decided to stay about 20 mins away here in Cranberry. This Red Roof is very nice and is pet friendly like all the rest. Not much of a place to give your dog a long walk though...but the room was very clean and had a great tv. Im not sure why this Red Roof is so expensive though. With tax, $80 a night is a bit high:(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding my hotel. I am glad you were impressed with the property. I take pride in providing all of my guests with a clean, comfortable and affordable guest room. The recent renovation has been given a positive reception from everyone that has experienced it. The new TVs are the most praised addition. I am sorry that you considered us expensive. I price my rooms based on demand and the local market. The majority of my competition is selling rooms for $150.00 or more. When comparing Red Roof Inn to the other hotels in the area, I feel the we offer outstanding value. Thank you again for takling the time to review my Inn. I hope you shot a great round. There are many excellent courses in the area. I look forward to to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had red the reviews prior to reserving my room. I noticed they had just finished a a lot of rennovating. This place turned out to be very nice. I like the hard wood floors. We chose the smaller room for the cheaper price. It did not have a microwave or refrigerator and the beds were smaller. Next time I will choose the bigger room. That was the only downfall. It's near plenty of stores and places to eat. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katrice A
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for the review of my property. Our recent renovation has been met with great response from all of my guests. Our standard king room is slightly smaller then our other guest rooms but does offer outstanding value. The location of this Inn allows easy access to numerous restaurants, shops and major highways in the area. Thank you again. I look forward to your next visit.