“Not bad for a RRI”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
cleveland
“Not bad for a RRI”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place was not bad for the price. Pretty clean and a nice location. Would stay here if I needed a cheap option in the area. The staff was nice when I checked in and when I asked where to eat ( primanti bros) .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank lanceobx
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing my Inn. At Red Roof Inn we are pleased to offer travelers clean comfortable rooms at a great rate. Value is an important part of the lodging experience. We are happy that value is one of the many qualities provided at Red Roof Inns that allow us to offer exceptional experiences for all of our guests.

I am glad you had a chance to try Primanti's. They do make a delicious and unique sandwich.

Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments you may have.

GM RRI 079

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
allover
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

No pet fees, ever. Great prices for comfortable stay. We had a second floor superior king room for $80. Remodeled rooms to trust and really nice staff. Not as posh as hyatt next door, but we couldn't justify the price. Pleasently surprised. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to exceed your lodging expectations. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip through this area.

Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments.

Washington, DC
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay at the Red Roof. Only reason we stayed there was because they allowed pets and there wasn't a fee. Those two things remain the only positives of the stay.

I try not to judge too much since it's a Red Roof Inn, but some things were annoying. For starters, the "non-smoking" room had a strong smell of old smoke. The front desk mentioned that the room must have been smoked in the stay before ours, or that someone left the door open while they smoked. No. I know what stale smoke smells like... I drove a car in high school with the same exact stench. And it did not clear our after a day. And when I got home all of my clothes - clean and dirty - smelled just like the room. So just beware that non-smoking is a relative term at the Red Roof in Cranberry. To the credit of the hotel, they did bring me some air freshener. haha. Was that supposed to help after years of smoking? We didn't have enough time to change rooms due to being busy but I believe it could have been an option. Not sure if it would have been any better, though.

The other issues were cigarette burns in the comforter (two) and a couple of stink bugs in the room. Though the stink bugs seem to be a problem in the area in general. Not an excuse, but a possible explanation. If you don't have pets, there are equally cheap alternatives very close by. If you do, then God speed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry I was unable to exceed your lodging expectations on your last visit. We are currently renovating the entire property. We are very excited with our new product and look forward to providing exceptional experiences for all of our guests. Not only will everything be new, we will also be a 100% smoke free property. I would like to ask for another opportunity to serve as your lodging choice should you be in this area again.

Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any comments or questions.

Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a basic, spartan but clean two-star motel. Everything is there for a safe and uneventul night's sleep at a very reasonable price. Amenities don't exist here. No breakfast included. Good location just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike north of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rbb543
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments.
I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area.
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2012

When working in the Cranberry area this Red Roof Inn is always my first choice when I need to stay overnight. Once again the staff was very friendly upon arrival. The room was clean and fresh. Since I have some physical issues I always book the ADA rooms here. The Red Roof chain has some of the best ADA rooms that I have stayed in. My only complaint was with the internet service, it was unusable. I had to use my air card for internet access.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of my Inn. I greatly appreciate your feedback. We have upgraded the wireless internet since your last visit. Signal strength has improved throughout the property.

Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Whenever I enter the room of a low tier establishment and see the dull, floral patterned cover on the beds, I immediately go into bug hunting mode. Checking the sheets on both of the full size beds didn't reveal any bed bugs, although there were some small stains on the sheets. What was present, however, was a whole family of stink bugs. The phone book in the room came in handy when I smashed the bugs to bits, but this also released their namesake stench. Expectations were low as it is, but bugs in room can only be a zero-star experience.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mklist
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn, Cranberry Township, PA. I am sorry that I did not exceed your lodging expectations. I want to apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you. Please know that this issue has been completely corrected. I take pride in maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable hotel for all of my guests. Constant inspections of our guestrooms allow me to maintain the high standards set by Red Roof Inns. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Please contact me directly at i0079@redroof.com should you have any additional questions or concerns.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at many, many RRI in the region and this was the best experience. Clean, didn't smell like cigarettes, got the king superior room and well worth the extra cost. Spacious, well appointed, great shower. Excellent service at front desk. TIP: room 151 is the far corner on 1st level. I could park my car just outside my window (controlling headlight glare & reducing noise from car doors, engines, etc) and easily load my luggage. And, it was a great mattress for a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: Room 151 (costs more, but worth the extra space + privacy of an end unit)