“Great stay as always”

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Reviewed October 1, 2012

When working in the Cranberry area this Red Roof Inn is always my first choice when I need to stay overnight. Once again the staff was very friendly upon arrival. The room was clean and fresh. Since I have some physical issues I always book the ADA rooms here. The Red Roof chain has some of the best ADA rooms that I have stayed in. My only complaint was with the internet service, it was unusable. I had to use my air card for internet access.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of my Inn. I greatly appreciate your feedback. We have upgraded the wireless internet since your last visit. Signal strength has improved throughout the property.

Please contact me at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments.

Mitch Lutton
GM RRI 079

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Whenever I enter the room of a low tier establishment and see the dull, floral patterned cover on the beds, I immediately go into bug hunting mode. Checking the sheets on both of the full size beds didn't reveal any bed bugs, although there were some small stains on the sheets. What was present, however, was a whole family of stink bugs. The phone book in the room came in handy when I smashed the bugs to bits, but this also released their namesake stench. Expectations were low as it is, but bugs in room can only be a zero-star experience.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mklist
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn, Cranberry Township, PA. I am sorry that I did not exceed your lodging expectations. I want to apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you. Please know that this issue has been completely corrected. I take pride in maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable hotel for all of my guests. Constant inspections of our guestrooms allow me to maintain the high standards set by Red Roof Inns. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Please contact me directly at i0079@redroof.com should you have any additional questions or concerns.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at many, many RRI in the region and this was the best experience. Clean, didn't smell like cigarettes, got the king superior room and well worth the extra cost. Spacious, well appointed, great shower. Excellent service at front desk. TIP: room 151 is the far corner on 1st level. I could park my car just outside my window (controlling headlight glare & reducing noise from car doors, engines, etc) and easily load my luggage. And, it was a great mattress for a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: Room 151 (costs more, but worth the extra space + privacy of an end unit)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. I value your feedback greatly. We are currently renovating the entire property. Our new scheme is designed to provide even more comfort than in the past. I invite you to try it out on your next visit to this area.
Please contact me directly at i0079@redroof.com with any questions or comments.
Mitch Lutton
GM RRI 079

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Recently stayed,got exactly as we expected based on reviews here.Very clean,basic room.So if your looking for a good,low priced,no frills motel for a short stay,they do a great job here,very friendly staff.The only bad thing,is they really should replace their internet provider,it was down more than up,when it was up,it was like dial up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ShortStayCanuck
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Came here two weekends in row and Andy was great! (As well as the other staff!) Pretty much everything is within walking distance, which is nice and the two housekeepers were so friendly! Thank you for the great stays! =)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KimmieDee
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I checked in to this hotel by chance on the first leg of a long road trip. The rooms were very nice and clean. The stay was quick and had little time to really experience the entire hotel and staff. However, what happened at the end of my trip is what deserves an excellent rating by this traveler. Once I reached my final destination, one of my family members realized she lost a very important and precious family heirloom. It was accidentally tossed into the trash. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Andy. Before I described the importance of the item to him, he offered to check all the trash and dumpster. Only after giving the room an entire scan. Once I disclosed the magnitude of the situation, Andy stepped up his game and began asking every detail of what else could have been in the trash. Over the course of the evening, Andy called me multiple times to gather more details and keep me updated. Ultimately, he did not find it. Which doesn't take away from the effort he put in for me and my family. I am never one to ask someone to go dumpster diving, but I and my family are extremely grateful for the task he took on for mere strangers. Andy, and the staff at this particular place know the value of good business, and that is their customers. Having not met us and being hundreds of miles away, he treated us as if we were still under our care. Not often seen with many hotels you just jump off the highway to. Thank you Andy! Thank You Red Roof Inn. We will certainly be back. And because of the loyalty to your customers, you now have loyal customers!!

Room Tip: Andy will take care of you! Just ask him!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Clean hotel with friendly staff. At first was put off that there was no iron in the room, but an iron and mini board provided when I called the front desk. All-in-all, a pleasant stay, and I would recommend this hotel if you're interested in an affordable place to stay outside of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: August 2012