“Above and Beyond”

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I checked in to this hotel by chance on the first leg of a long road trip. The rooms were very nice and clean. The stay was quick and had little time to really experience the entire hotel and staff. However, what happened at the end of my trip is what deserves an excellent rating by this traveler. Once I reached my final destination, one of my family members realized she lost a very important and precious family heirloom. It was accidentally tossed into the trash. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Andy. Before I described the importance of the item to him, he offered to check all the trash and dumpster. Only after giving the room an entire scan. Once I disclosed the magnitude of the situation, Andy stepped up his game and began asking every detail of what else could have been in the trash. Over the course of the evening, Andy called me multiple times to gather more details and keep me updated. Ultimately, he did not find it. Which doesn't take away from the effort he put in for me and my family. I am never one to ask someone to go dumpster diving, but I and my family are extremely grateful for the task he took on for mere strangers. Andy, and the staff at this particular place know the value of good business, and that is their customers. Having not met us and being hundreds of miles away, he treated us as if we were still under our care. Not often seen with many hotels you just jump off the highway to. Thank you Andy! Thank You Red Roof Inn. We will certainly be back. And because of the loyalty to your customers, you now have loyal customers!!

Room Tip: Andy will take care of you! Just ask him!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan C

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Clean hotel with friendly staff. At first was put off that there was no iron in the room, but an iron and mini board provided when I called the front desk. All-in-all, a pleasant stay, and I would recommend this hotel if you're interested in an affordable place to stay outside of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived after 7pm and were met by Ashley; a fantastic girl with tons of energy and lots of info. The room was exceptionally clean and spacious. Nice bed and wonderful pillows. when we got up in the morning, we met Andy in the lobby and he was just as pleasant and helpful as Ashley. The first reasonally priced hotel I stayed in on my trip where I didn't feel like a refugee. They were nice to my dog as well and didn't charge for her stay.

Room Tip: We took the King value room which had a nice desk to sit at and a little extra room to spread out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RVBiker
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had a great stay here. Mindy was wounderful at check in, very very helpful and pleasant. Gave us info on resturants and just about everything in the area. Our room was very very clean, and Jolene the housekeeper was at the room next to ours and as soon as we were done unloading, she asked if there was anything else we needed, if the room was ok for us, you don't find that too many places, half the time the housekeepers hide when you're by your room. Went to the casino and it only took 20 minutes, which was great. Came back later that night and went to the front desk and I think the young mans name was Alex and got menus for local resturants that deliver, good selection of menus , let me tell you. Ask for a good pizza shop and he recommended Sir Pizza and that was a great choice. It will be our new pizza place in
Cranberry when we come back in the fall. We left on Thursday morning and there happened to be a accident on the Pa turnpike, but Mitch the manager made me aware that it was the apposite way we were going . What a nice guy, ask where we were from, talked some football, even though he's Pitt and we're The Ohio State Buckeyes, super friendly and very caring about his customers. Ask how are stay was , was the room ok, just very caring, again , half the time you don't ever see a manager, or one so friendly. Then upon check out, Kelly asked if everything was ok, took care of our check out very quickly and invited us to come back and visit soon. It's really great to feel so comfortable and at home when you are away from home. Had our dogs there also, not a problem, good area for them also. Keep up the great work Mitch and staff, you guys are GREAT!!!!! See ya in the fall Dave and Valerie Rowbotham

Room Tip: Superior King rooms are great, always get them
1  Thank Valerie R
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Upgraded to "superior" for the additional $5. Still seemed expensive for what it was. Was available after a long drive both into and out of Pennsylvania. Nothing spectacular but was quiet. Lots of construction workers hanging outside rooms smoking. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Accidentally left cell phone behind, honest workers kept it safe til we returned 5 days later, thanks for a great experience, wonderful staff, quiet rooms ,would definitely stay there again, restaurants nearby, with very easy on and off major route

Room Tip: We asked for first floor as I have bad knees, they have no elevators
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Thanks to Mitch, Dave and Mindy for all your help and kindness!! When I was loading my car to continue on my way home, I accidentally locked my keys in the trunk. Of course the car was also locked. My auto insurance carrier sent someone to unlock my car but unfortunately, when the car alarm sounds it disables the interior trunk release. So even though the car was open, we still could not get the trunk unlocked. With Mitch and Dave's help, we removed part of the back seat so the emergency trunk release could be engaged. They were all so kind and helpful! I wish everyone could be like them. The world would be a much better place.
Thanks again Mitch, Dave and Mindy!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family