“Go for the experience”

Primanti Bros. (Cranberry)
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went one night during a Penguins playoff game, and the place was packed. The magical atmosphere made up for the lackluster food and service.

I waited about 10 minutes for a server, and finally ended up with one of the managers. She seemed... surprised no one had waited on me, but took my order. A minute later someone else came to take my order. Fair enough, it was busy. I noticed that there were a lot of servers, but there was not a lot of organization in waiting tables. It was almost as if a full house threw them off their game.

I got one of the famous big sandwiches and an Iron City Amber (dollar beer night is always a plus). The sandwich was decent, but the meat (roast beef) had no flavor. The bread, slaw, and fries on it were very good, but those aren't the meat (ha ha) of the sandwich. The beer wasn't bad either.

Overall, I can now state that I've eaten a Primanti Bros. sandwich, but if I were to go again, I'd probably try something else off their substantial menu. They also have pizza, wings, and various other plates.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went on a night where first playoff game between Penguins and Senators was on Playoffs 2013. The bar was full! People were cheering when the Pens scored, great atmosphere. I had a salad, it was OK. The restaurant was supposed to be famous for its sandwiches and deli meats so I'll have to try that next time. Colleagues ordered them and they did look good. Entire menu was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

What's not to like. Lots of beer. You can order a chef salad with fries (not an order of fires with fries - remember where we are). Great, pleasant service. Great sports bar (if you're a Pittsburgian). Fair prices, large portions. Basic comfy food.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This si the place to go if you are in pittsburgh. Great down to earth food only from the burg. Everyone loves the sandwiches with fries on top. A must visit just to say "hey I was in Pittsburgh and went to..."

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After seeing this place on Diner Drive Ins and Dives (I think it was)...since we were in the area we had to try it. The waitress we had was awesome...explained the sandwiches and what to expect and made some suggestions. I ordered fried bologna and hubby got pastrami. The photos made them look like they would be huge. On arrival, I was sorta disappointed. It was just on sliced italian bread...min had only a small amount of bologna...but I loved the slaw! The fries on it were fine as well. Hubby's pastrami was piled pretty high and was good. While they were good, I am not sure I would go out of my way to have one again. I would go there and perhaps try another dish.