Restaurant ECHO
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant ECHO serves New American cuisine featuring locally grown produce, locally raised animals, and hand-crafted breads, pasta and sauces. Casual fare is offered in the bistro, while more refined cuisine is served in the restaurant.
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

In town for business, so hopped over for a late dinner at the bar. A colleague at work recommended. Honestly wished this Texas girl had gone further down the street to On the Border for a margarita and chips and queso. Neither of the menus (I was offered both) really jumped out at me. Maybe because I wasn't that hungry? So, I opted for the soup of the day, which was a mushroom consommé and a starter of fried tomatoes. Everything was just ok. My first bartender told me the tomatoes were not grown there, but eventually would be. I heard my second bartender telling another patron that the tomatoes were grown out back? Oh, and the place was absolutely dead on a Thursday night at 8pm. The bartender indicated to me that the back restaurant was pretty full, which is not visible from the bar, but the parking lot wasn't that full. Really convenient to folks staying at the Marriott down the street. I'd give it another go, if its still around (based on crowd) next time I'm in town. The atmosphere, at least in the bar (since you can't see the restaurant) is upscale. The staff was friendly. But now that I think about it....I was there for quite some time for two small plates, so maybe service was slower than should have been expected....

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been the Echo a few times only at happy hour...
The food list locally sourced and very tasty. Their menu has some good variations of normal staples, but also some great items that you do not see often (or ever).

The wait staff is very good too.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

had heard alot about Echo and what a coup it was to Cranberry..went for dinner on a Saturday night the middle of May..don't worry about the seen and be seen of cranberry...LAME AND SPARSE CROWD....you could tell Butler is a few miles away...service was terrible...hounded for a decision initially, then when a decision was made, no waiter to be found..glasses of wine refills were a challenge as well and the restaurant was at may 50% capacity...i opted for what the waiter implied was a new addition to the menu....a somewhat Asian fusion dish of pork belly/pork tenderloin with some kim chi...flavorless and terrible execution...was not hot..seemed like it had been sitting......menu description was not resonate with the actual dish....starter salads were not encouraged via the prices....ridiculous prices for starter salads! this restaurant will fail in the near future unless a total overhaul is done...would not go back! ratchet!!! o, one redeeming thing...the homemade bread gets mad props!!

1  Thank etltr
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were surprised to find such an elegant restaurant outside of the city. Met friends here for an appetizer and drinks. Very impressed with atmosphere and offerings. We tried three appetizer items and enjoyed them all.

No frozen cheese sticks or rubber onion rings here. Everything is fresh and presented with flair. There was an acoustical guitar player entertaining in the lounge and drinks were reasonable.

This was our first visit but we have committed to return for a meal.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was over priced we had MOTHERS DAY DINNER BUFFET it was very poor,for starters no salad bar just 2 salads no extras for salads. Main course was a big let down chicken was dryer , prime rib cold, pork cold what a joke. We will never go back.